Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your first ever concert?

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
The Clash at the Lyceum Ballroom possibly 1981. Taken by my big brother and have been forever grateful. That night lead to a lifelong love of live music.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Five Star, Brighton Dome circa 1986/7

(honourable mention to Westworld supporting Gareth Glitter at The Brighton Centre - we only went along for Westworld, honest!)

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
This is where I wish I could be anonymous - it was Cliff Richard at the Albert Hall, doing one of his religious gigs, with my parents....

My first concert that I went to of my own free will was Belinda Carlise at the Brighton Centre in about 1991 I think. Ok, not much better than Cliff....

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Reading Rock festival 1983. Black Sabbath were headlining. Unfortunately, this was during the brief time when Ian Gillan was lead singer. Marillion went down a storm.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Mega City Four, The Garage, 1994.

My 2nd gig was much better - Radiohead @ Brighton Centre East Wing (also 1994).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Duran Duran at the Brighton Centre, on the day of the Tottenham vs Coventry FA Cup Final. What was that, May '87?

Great day all round.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The Rollercoaster Tour - Jesus and Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine, Dinosaur Jr and first on were Blur April 92 at Brixton Academy

I was 16, got hammered and then almost passed out during Blur

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Reading Rock festival 1983. Black Sabbath were headlining. Unfortunately, this was during the brief time when Ian Gillan was lead singer. Marillion went down a storm.

went to that one,Stranglers headlined the first day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here