Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your first ever concert?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
AC/DC, Cambridge Corn Exchange, September-ish1977.

I've never been a fan of them (they're alright...), before or since.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Pink Floyd at the Dome - January 1972. It should have been the live début of Dark side of the moon but technical problems during Money caused them to abandon it and revert to some of their classics (none of which I'd heard before). As experienced with [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] above, the large quantities of dope being smoked all around a callow teenager caused their rendition of Careful with that axe Eugene to be a truly mind-blowing experience!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Believe it or not, Adge Cutler and the Wurzels, Worthing Connaught Theatre, very late 1960's or 1970.

They were hilarious. Tragically Mr Cutler died and they became less funny and went on to have hits.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Buzzcocks 1978. Supported by Joy Division

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Who 1965

Edit 65 not 66.

It was in the Florida room in the Aquarium.

Last edited:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Stranglers 1979

played in a punk band myself,first gig Newhaven Boys Club,supported a band from Peacehaven called Gatecrash who were much better than us

their bass player was a fellow Stranglers fan,I think that's how we got the gig in the first place,fully expected to get bottled (canned in this instance)off,but didn't :lol:

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Not counting a couple of party in the parks at Preston park then it would be Limp bizkit at Wembley arena in 1999

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Howard Jones at the Brighton centre in the 80's :blush:

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Motorhead, Worthing Assembly Hall. Rock'n'Roll Tour 1987. Met Lemmy and the band before the gig. Awesome night and still deaf

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The Vaccines at the Brighton Centre.

I enjoyed it but compared to the rest of the thread..........:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here