Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your 10 most disliked teams.......in order please

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Any order you like:

Man Utd, Palace, Leeds, Burnley, Cardiff, 'Boro, MASSIVE, Hull, Cowdenbeath, E&A United

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you mean clubs + fanbases (not the actual football team) then:

That is my criteria too.

Liverpool
Palace
Man Utd
Chelsea
Leeds
Sheffield Weds
Bournemouth
Southampton
Portsmouth
Rangers

Sense of entitlement is my main dislike, although Palace don’t really fit that mould. The rest is just geographical. Pleasantly surprised how many dislike Liverpool.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Palace
Man Utd
MK Dons

Then you can add a list of the closed shop of big boys at the top, all at the same level: Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, PSG etc etc. Don't have the anti-Liverpool thing; my experience of their support has always been positive and I'm keen for United to lose their 'most titles' crown. Don't get the City thing either – the list of clubs above have made it such as the only way you can compete is to join them with ludicrous financial muscle.

You can't get in and stay in organically – they just nick your best players. Leicester won the title and immediately lost Kante to a Chelsea team who didn't even have Champions' League football the following season, then Mahrez a bit later. The little old boys' club at the top don't open the doors, you have to prise them apart. That's what City have done.

(Bayern's U19 side haven't won their league since 2003-4, but they keep pinching the players from the clubs who do, prompting a complaint about poaching from Hoffenheim recently. I have almost no interest in the Champions' League as a result - only when somebody does what Ajax did recently is it even vaguely diverting these days.)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Palace
Celtic
Liverpool
Man Utd
Argentina
Portsmouth
MK Dons
Leeds
Cardiff
Bournemouth

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If nothing else, this thread shows that some people really struggle with basic instructions.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Man Utd - for 50 years
Leeds - I went in to the 1965 (?) cup final wanting Leeds to win, and came out of it as a Liverpool fan, realising as a 12 year old that Leeds were ...... dirty.
Burnley - although I have a number of very good friends who come from there and are loyal - two of them in their 80s
Bournemouth - since going there for an away match in 1972 - and working there in the late ‘70s.
Middlesbrough
Cardiff
Millwall

No one else really. I pay lip service to the Palace thing, but not really bothered about it.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Don't hate anyone we are all football fans but there are teams whose fans irritate me or players past and present who have got under my skin as a Brighton fan so here goes;

1. Palarse it's been in my DNA since the 1970s
2. Manchester United 1983 Norman Whiteside
3. Portsmouth local rivals
4. Southampton local rivals
5. Bournemouth back in the day they were our main rivals
6. Reading irritating little club and fans for to long they played the we are the bigger club ( what ever happened to them)
7. Leeds United their fans give me strength
8. Sheffield Wednesday tin pot
9. Chelsea nasty fans
10. Leyton Orient added them to the list just to feed their own need for wanting some rivalry with us heavens knows why

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If nothing else, this thread shows that some people really struggle with basic instructions.

I would venture that 90%+ of threads follow a similar vein.

Whether it be SONG, not songs of the day or Orange Juice, it never fails to veer off the straight and narrow.

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
1 Liverpool
2 Palace
3 L.Orient
4 Villa
5 Leeds
6 Millwall
7 Portsmouth
8 Queen of the South
9 Crawley Town
10 Gillingham

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I struggle to dislike City, they have some of the best fans in the country imo. When they were shit in the third tier their fans stuck by them in massive numbers. I loved it when the “noisy neighbours” eventually ended up ahead of United. It may be urban myth but I like it that Mancunians supported City even when United won everything.

Having spent a lot of my life in Manchester, I can tell you that it is indeed an urban myth. Support for City and United in Manchester is very regional. City fans tend to be on the south and east side of the city, United fans to the north and west. Go out on a Saturday night and just as likely to bump into a United fan from Whitefield as a City fan from Stockport.

Anyway:

Palace
Bournemouth
Massive
Middlesbrough
Man City
Liverpool
Leeds
Arsenal
Chelsea
Scummers

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Palace
Manure
Celtic
Palmeiras

I don’t do hate generally, but I’ve shared it out for the above...

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Top of my list is Sheffield Wednesday, it's hard to fathom how daft humans can be sometimes but this is true and I do have a NSC back up witness , we were on holiday enjoying the pool and one family numbered about 8 turned up and immediately started doing everything you hate to see when on holiday , kids screaming swearing and the odd shut up you little C*** from the adoring parents , I'd had enough after 20 minutes so we decided to head off to the beach , as we walked past them my partner decided to thank them for ruining everyone else's day , with that the fat dad turned his back and said do you want me to add Spain to this list , I looked in amazement he had the words tattooed on his back, places I've had a fight !

Well the list was quite long but the funniest thing was he'd had Swindon tattooed twice , my partner ruined it by saying you've not been to Brighton then , smiled and walked away , I was less courteous and was in hysterics which seemed to annoy mum so much she nearly managed to haul her huge arse off the sunbed .

So its Massive for me and the rest are inconsequential.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I would venture that 90%+ of threads follow a similar vein.

Whether it be SONG, not songs of the day or Orange Juice, it never fails to veer off the straight and narrow.

11. Orient

:whistle:
:moo:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ok, I've done the maths. 10pts for 1st place, 1pt for 10th. etc. Incomplete and 'comedy' lists excluded. And non-Albion fans too.

The official NSC hate list is.... *drum roll*

1) Palace (twice as many points as #2)
2) Portsmouth
3) Leeds
4) Man Utd
5) Middlesbrough
6) Bournemouth
7) Liverpool
8) Burnley
9) Sheff Wed
10) Chelsea

Soton and Reading just missed out.