Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know the old saying "You can't polish a turd"?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And what a dream it is: Net curtains, cladding, Sainsburys, goal music and Ultras. I'm not sure I'm ready for that sort of excitement.

But I think they have upgraded to inside toilets now, so...

The Last Dodo

Banned
Mar 25, 2014
That to me sir, is a thing of Beauty...it holds some of the most Precious football moments of my life, some good, some not so good, but with warts and all its the place for me. ( and you just wait for the 3d signs :) )

Damn right!
They slag Selhurst but are obviously blissfully unaware that The Amex has a major structural fault...all the seats are facing the pitch.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Probably. I dunno.
I take it you are a new breed of football customer who is only interested in looking at a shiny new stadium then?

We all are, that's what being an Albion fan is all about, isn't it?

None of us were here before 2011, stupid. That stadium built itself on fresh air and imagination.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Damn right!
They slag Selhurst but are obviously blissfully unaware that The Amex has a major structural fault...all the seats are facing the pitch.

Les Dawson just called. He wants his joke book back.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Probably. I dunno.
I take it you are a new breed of football customer who is only interested in looking at a shiny new stadium then?

I'm that old breed of football fan who talks about football stadia in a thread about....football stadia. No offence but did you go to school with Brightonmark?

You called our stadium wonky...presumably as an insult. Trouble is, we're rather proud of it, the wonkiness is deliberate and we've won a fair few architecture awards for our wonky stadium. I'm not going to belittle your stadium and if you win a prestigious tarmac or cladding award then fair play.

But those net curtains.....dear oh dear.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Did I say bowl?
Apologies. I meant bowel.

etegu2ug.jpg

The Last Dodo

Banned
Mar 25, 2014
I'm that old breed of football fan who talks about football stadia in a thread about....football stadia. No offence but did you go to school with Brightonmark?

You called our stadium wonky...presumably as an insult. Trouble is, we're rather proud of it, the wonkiness is deliberate and we've won a fair few architecture awards for our wonky stadium. I'm not going to belittle your stadium and if you win a prestigious tarmac or cladding award then fair play.

But those net curtains.....dear oh dear.
Net curtains or not, and I'm really rather fond of net curtains, your bitterness shines through. Understandable really being that we
were the first club to beat you in your new ground in the league.
The play off defeat must've been a real pisser too.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Selhurst a premier league stadium in the same way withdean was a championship stadium :lol:, both the armpits of their respective leagues at the time.

Cladding :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Net curtains or not, and I'm really rather fond of net curtains, your bitterness shines through. Understandable really being that we
were the first club to beat you in your new ground in the league

That's a strangely odd obsession with you guys. We never want to lose to you, that goes without saying, but seriously- nobody here gives an absolute toss whether you were the first club to win here or the ninth. It's bizarre. Be happy with the win, by all means- I would- but you're the only people who care remotely about when it occurred.

Oh- that was a joke about the net curtains, right?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Why can't you stay on topic? All this jealous talk of ours or our fans won't distract us from the fact that your 'stadium' is an appalling blight on English architecture and should be condemned, not cladded.

The Last Dodo

Banned
Mar 25, 2014
*KAPOW*

Superb post, take a bow, son. That's made my day, that has.

I don't understand why you have a problem with nets.
They can make a boring window look more attractive.
I like net curtains and don't mind saying so. You have far too much hatred inside you for window adornments in my opinion.
And what's with all this 'kapow' lark?
Were you a fan of that 60's show Batman?

The Last Dodo

Banned
Mar 25, 2014
Why can't you stay on topic? All this jealous talk of ours or our fans won't distract us from the fact that your 'stadium' is an appalling blight on English architecture and should be condemned, not cladded.

So you're another new customer to football then.
Who cares about the surroundings when you love your club?
I bet you put on face paint, wear a jesters hat and use one of those clappy things don't you?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
your bitterness shines through. Understandable really being that we

As said above, who honestly gives a crap about stuff like that?...but you keep clutching at those straws if it makes you feel better about Palace. The Seagull only continues to soar and being a Brighton fan is a joy to behold because the future is so bright (a bit like your cladding).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't understand why you have a problem with nets.
They can make a boring window look more attractive.
I like net curtains and don't mind saying so. You have far too much hatred inside you for window adornments in my opinion.
And what's with all this 'kapow' lark?
Were you a fan of that 60's show Batman?

And again! You're my new favourite poster. I'm genuinely creased up laughing out loud.

Oh my. I never thought I'd see the day when I get chided by a Palace fan for disliking net curtains.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here