Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know the old saying "You can't polish a turd"?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yeah, it's contoured to fit with the surrounding countryside.

FYI:

coun·try·side [kuhn-tree-sahyd] Show IPA

noun

a particular section of a country, especially a rural section.

its inhabitants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1615–25; country + side

In a recent survey 94% of Palace fans described countryside as mass female genital multilation.

The Last Dodo

Banned
Mar 25, 2014
Ah, what we have here is a philosophical debate about architecture. In the Brighton camp we have a building reflecting aesthetic modernism yet in sympathy with its surroundings, a product of the natural assymetry of the Downs. A modern day Segrada Familia that even Gaudi might have been pleased to see. In the Palace camp we have strict functionalism, the likes not seen since the heyday of the Bauhaus movement in 20th century middle Europe.

Both styles have their merits but unfortunately in this particular battle of wits there can only be one winner because Crystal Palace have reverted to type and put up frigging net curtains. Jesus wept, net curtains. What is it with you Palace fans and your propensity for naffness? I bet there's probably a Welsh Dresser on the other side of those windows with Toby Jugs hanging down.

You like big words don't you?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I am more than aware of my club's history and the fact that we previously played at The Eagles Nest.
Oh I see, you thought I was referring to Selhurst as a shit hole?
Shit hole or not, it's a Premier League ground.
Howzabout yours?

A premier league ground with net curtains and bay windows.

And a supermarket.....

Living the dream.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You like big words don't you?

He used the required words to bring to life his marvellous and absolutely correct post. You're clutching at straws here kid, of course you should defend your ground, it's your team, you should be proud no matter what state it's in. However, to try and hold Selhurst Park up to compare favourably with the Amex? Come on, you really cannot expect to be taken seriously?

And yes, technically it is a Premiership stadium, which is what makes it all the more pathetic that it is the dive it is.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Selhurst Park's new cladding, this morning.

63ah.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't mind them I suppose but I find that they can be used pompously by people on footy forums now and then.
Do you like big words when they're not used in a pompous manner?

Indubitably.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ah, what we have here is a philosophical debate about architecture. In the Brighton camp we have a building reflecting aesthetic modernism yet in sympathy with its surroundings, a product of the natural assymetry of the Downs. A modern day Segrada Familia that even Gaudi might have been pleased to see. In the Palace camp we have strict functionalism, the likes not seen since the heyday of the Bauhaus movement in 20th century middle Europe.

Oi. I'm rather partial to Bauhaus architecture, if you don't mind - the school in Weimar was a thing of beauty. Mies Van Der Rohe would be spinning in his grave...

Selhurst Park is more like the de-constructed hotch-potch brutalism which followed in the 30 years after the heights of Bauhaus.

Or is it Lego?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I am more than aware of my club's history and the fact that we previously played at The Eagles Nest.
Oh I see, you thought I was referring to Selhurst as a shit hole?
Shit hole or not, it's a Premier League ground.
Howzabout yours?

Ah, the promised land of The Premier League..

I see your club have invested in a private plane for your away days.

air-pikey.jpeg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Excellent job, but Butlins have gone to great lengths to shed their dated, somewhat lower class image, so I can't see Selhurst fitting the brand, you know? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here