Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know the old saying "You can't polish a turd"?

It's also perfectly level.
Unlike that wonky new bowl of yours.

Yes you're right, as can be seen in the picture below not one stand is a different height to another.

No sir, no siree.

Untitled.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
AS Oscar once said to a customs man when asked if he had anything to declare, "Only my genius!"

The reply to that is not recorded, but if it had been me on the customs desk it would have ben "THank you sir. Would you mind stepping into that booth and droping your trousers and pants whilst I put on this big rubber glove.."

Anything more to declare, Large?

Yup. You're a charm-free airhead with a sense of humour and misogyny only the truly stupid could ever appreciate.

Not a statement up there with Oscar Wilde, of course, but heartfelt and painfully and obviously true.

You must be so proud.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Selhurst has been compared on here to Lidl's, Poundland, Billy Smart's Circus and yadda yadda yadda but at least it doesn't look like Toys 'R' Us.

Yeah, it's contoured to fit with the surrounding countryside.

FYI:

coun·try·side [kuhn-tree-sahyd] Show IPA

noun

a particular section of a country, especially a rural section.

its inhabitants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1615–25; country + side

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Selhurst has been compared on here to Lidl's, Poundland, Billy Smart's Circus and yadda yadda yadda but at least it doesn't look like Toys 'R' Us.

One stadium wins international design awards and praise.

The other is a crumbling, ramshackle shanty :lolol:

The Last Dodo

Banned
Mar 25, 2014
Yeah, it's contoured to fit with the surrounding countryside.

FYI:

coun·try·side [kuhn-tree-sahyd] Show IPA

noun

a particular section of a country, especially a rural section.

its inhabitants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1615–25; country + side

Are you referring to that marvellous bit of country side on the A27?
Delightful.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Ah, what we have here is a philosophical debate about architecture. In the Brighton camp we have a building reflecting aesthetic modernism yet in sympathy with its surroundings, a product of the natural assymetry of the Downs. A modern day Segrada Familia that even Gaudi might have been pleased to see. In the Palace camp we have strict functionalism, the likes not seen since the heyday of the Bauhaus movement in 20th century middle Europe.

Both styles have their merits but unfortunately in this particular battle of wits there can only be one winner because Crystal Palace have reverted to type and put up frigging net curtains. Jesus wept, net curtains. What is it with you Palace fans and your propensity for naffness? I bet there's probably a Welsh Dresser on the other side of those windows with Toby Jugs hanging down.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Are you referring to that marvellous bit of country side on the A27?
Delightful.

I was referring to the South Downs National Park. The area of outstanding natural beauty that is home to our equally beautiful stadium.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Yes you're right, as can be seen in the picture below not one stand is a different height to another.

No sir, no siree.

View attachment 52288

That to me sir, is a thing of Beauty...it holds some of the most Precious football moments of my life, some good, some not so good, but with warts and all its the place for me. ( and you just wait for the 3d signs :) )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here