Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

York Mosque shows the way for all of us

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Very clever. Claiming I'm using the clarity of your writing to undermine your views behind them is... well, ironically it's as poor an argument as you accuse me of.

Seriously, I don't know what your last point was.

OK - not all who angry with Islamic extremist men are bad men

not all muslim men are bad men

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
OK - not all who angry with Islamic extremist man them bad men

not all muslim man them bad men

Correct.

Those Islamic extremist murderers are bad men.

Those who blame all Muslims and/or Islam in general and burn mosques (either in retaliation or because they've wanted to and now see this as an excuse) are also bad men.

Not so tricky.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
One thing I will never do is stoop to the levels of the BNP, EDL, etc etc they are as bad as the poisonous filth of terrorism !
Well done York Mosque ! A true example of what we should all do.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
One thing I will never do is stoop to the levels of the BNP, EDL, etc etc they are as bad as the poisonous filth of terrorism !
Well done York Mosque ! A true example of what we should all do.

Yea , because being a bit dim , and getting pissed up on a march is equivalent to blowing yourself and others up on a tube train , or beheading a soldier in the street isn't it ? Think about it .

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
even though i live in crowborough which is virtually monocultural and experiences none of the problems of strain on services or social cohesion that areas that arent so lucky do.

Are we doing this one again, the old "all the liberals live somewhere cushty so their viewpoints are invalid" argument?

I thought we did this about a year ago, maybe longer. Again: I live in South East London, and have done for years. I live in a block of flats on a big estate a mere 10 minute walk from The New Den (though until a couple of years ago I lived in Peckham). The community here is very mixed, and everybody gets on swimmingly.

Maybe that's the same though - I don't know Crowborough at all, so maybe that's a big multi-cultural estate too? If that is the kind of place that you mean experiences no problems... what kind of place did you mean does experience them?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Are we doing this one again, the old "all the liberals live somewhere cushty so their viewpoints are invalid" argument?

I thought we did this about a year ago, maybe longer. Again: I live in South East London, and have done for years. I live in a block of flats on a big estate a mere 10 minute walk from The New Den (though until a couple of years ago I lived in Peckham). The community here is very mixed, and everybody gets on swimmingly.

Maybe that's the same though - I don't know Crowborough at all, so maybe that's a big multi-cultural estate too? If that is the kind of place that you mean experiences no problems... what kind of place did you mean does experience them?
Wow , you've lived in south london for a few years, big deal , I bet it's about five, and you'll be off somewhere a lot nicer as soon as any kids you've got reach secondary school age ,of course you'll come out with a lot of Bollox instead of the real reasons, you're a walking
cliche,you grew up in sussex and minehead and work in tv production , you're still in the stage where the big city and all that heartwarming multiculturalism are
a bit exciting and a novelty aren't you , bet you wouldn't be so chuffed if you had elderly parents living on an estate in Peckham, because I know a lot more white working class people from south
east London than you , and "swimmingly" Is definitely not the phrase they'd use to describe how they get on with the immigrants that that they've been swamped with

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Correct.

Those Islamic extremist murderers are bad men.

Those who blame all Muslims and/or Islam in general and burn mosques (either in retaliation or because they've wanted to and now see this as an excuse) are also bad men.

Not so tricky.

Has there actually been some kind of EDL mass mosque burning campaign going on ?

Also lets not get mixed up, the Muslim community holding memorials is not the same as a huge rally or march to express their anger at the things being done by extremists that claim to be doing it for their religion so lets not pretend it is

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Wow , you've lived in south london for a few years, big deal , I bet it's about five, and you'll be off somewhere a lot nicer as soon as any kids you've got reach secondary school age ,of course you'll come out with a lot of Bollox instead of the real reasons

Clever. You must be right, because your prediction about my future proves that you are right. Well I certainly can't argue with logic like that.

you're still in the stage where the big city and all that heartwarming multiculturalism are a bit exciting and a novelty aren't you

Even if you were right, what difference would that make?? Are you suggesting that the reason that there is no racial tension here is because I find it a novelty? As soon as I get used to it, the white, black & asian populations will be at each others' doors with flaming torches? How is that even supposed to make sense?

I could have never moved here, or I could move away tomorrow and there would still be "heartwarming multiculturalism". Ignore MY presence here and look at the actual point I'm making - people of all different races and religions live side by side on the same estate without problems. Whether I am here, or in Sussex, or in whatever other estates your other mates live on, it still holds true.

bet you wouldn't be so chuffed if you had elderly parents living on an estate in Peckham

Good for you, but basing your arguments on your own assumptions doesn't make any more sense here than in earlier in your post

I know a lot more white working class people from south east London than you , and "swimmingly" Is definitely not the phrase they'd use to describe how they get on with the immigrants that that they've been swamped with

Which estates are those then, that you know "a lot" of people on?

And the final bit I don't understand... on my estate, the white people get on with the black & asian people, the black people get on with the white and asian people, and the asian people get on with the white and black people. It works all ways. On the estates you're referring, they don't....... but the blame cannot be placed on the white people? Suddenly the symmetry is lost and the blame is on the "immigrants". How many of the "lot" of people you know have actually tried integrating, and how many have sat back and shouted about 'bloody immigrants'?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Has there actually been some kind of EDL mass mosque burning campaign going on ?

Nope. I didn't claim there has been.

Also lets not get mixed up, the Muslim community holding memorials is not the same as a huge rally or march to express their anger at the things being done by extremists that claim to be doing it for their religion so lets not pretend it is

I haven't pretended it is.

Did you aim these arguments at someone else?

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Clever. You must be right, because your prediction about my future proves that you are right. Well I certainly can't argue with logic like that.

Even if you were right, what difference would that make?? Are you suggesting that the reason that there is no racial tension here is because I find it a novelty? As soon as I get used to it, the white, black & asian populations will be at each others' doors with flaming torches? How is that even supposed to make sense?

I could have never moved here, or I could move away tomorrow and there would still be "heartwarming multiculturalism". Ignore MY presence here and look at the actual point I'm making - people of all different races and religions live side by side on the same estate without problems. Whether I am here, or in Sussex, or in whatever other estates your other mates live on, it still holds true.

Good for you, but basing your arguments on your own assumptions doesn't make any more sense here than in earlier in your post

And the final bit I don't understand... on my estate, the white people get on with the black & asian people, the black people get on with the white and asian people, and the asian people get on with the white and black people. It works all ways. On the estates you're referring, they don't....... but the blame cannot be placed on the white people? Suddenly the symmetry is lost and the blame is on the "immigrants". How many of the "lot" of people you know have actually tried integrating, and how many have sat back and shouted about 'bloody immigrants'?

multiculturalism can work if people from both cultures root out the individuals that try to spread intolerance for the culture they are living aside

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yea , because being a bit dim , and getting pissed up on a march is equivalent to blowing yourself and others up on a tube train , or beheading a soldier in the street isn't it ? Think about it .

Sorry Bushy lets pin you down. You do make some valid points but would you agree that what York Mosque did is what should be happening. Simple yes or no please.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Nope. I didn't claim there has been.

I haven't pretended it is.

Did you aim these arguments at someone else?

The 1st point is not an argument it's a question in general to people that want to keep highlighting the burning of mosques that are apparently going on

The 2nd was not aimed at you, I'm sorry if the separate paragraph did not make this clear enough (no sarcasm)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
The 1st point is not an argument it's a question in general to people that want to keep highlighting the burning of mosques that are apparently going on

The 2nd was not aimed at you, I'm sorry if the separate paragraph did not make this clear enough (no sarcasm)

Fair enough. Sorry - just read them all as following on from my quite - all good :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Don't waste your time with this loser. He has one argument, and one accusation, which he hurls at everyone me included. Further more he has been shown up to be a total bullshitter; giving it the big one on here, claiming this that and the other (in a very childish playground style), before I decided to post his private emails a few years later which totally contradicted what he'd said. Bullshit Bushy is a nobody, just ignore the angry little man.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dear lord...are we back with the 'Im the only person to have lived in London' crap again?

Indeed. We should be moving onto the threats very shortly.

Jan 30, 2008
Wow , you've lived in south london for a few years, big deal , I bet it's about five, and you'll be off somewhere a lot nicer as soon as any kids you've got reach secondary school age ,of course you'll come out with a lot of Bollox instead of the real reasons, you're a walking
cliche,you grew up in sussex and minehead and work in tv production , you're still in the stage where the big city and all that heartwarming multiculturalism are
a bit exciting and a novelty aren't you , bet you wouldn't be so chuffed if you had elderly parents living on an estate in Peckham, because I know a lot more white working class people from south
east London than you , and "swimmingly" Is definitely not the phrase they'd use to describe how they get on with the immigrants that that they've been swamped with
spot on mate, "swimmingly" sounds so trendy and in keeping with the area, couldn't make it up with some of the characters on here :D
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here