Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

York Mosque shows the way for all of us

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
But the army and government recognise people exploiting the boys death for the own ends though...im sure theres sympathizers in the army...but....having sympathy for rightwing, and lets face it, extremely racist groups, such as the EDL has no place in the British military...Ive recently looked at the army forums, and the majority of the people on them loathe the EDL...having said that, a months pay is pretty harsh.

It is a shame that the government will not tackle the radicals. I do believe with what the authorities knew about the Drummer Rigby murderer beforehand, had it have been tackled, then we would not be mourning this off duty soldiers death.
How come the radicals that spout their bile, want their laws etc, are not portrayed in the media as racists. How come when we read stories of grooming, hate speech etc, the headlines are always "Asian", when non muslim Asians are not involved. This upsets other Asian people who do not want to be tarred with the same brush.
Surely if these radicals are dealt with, the so called moderate muslims would have an easier life as well. Perhaps a really big rally amongst the 3-4 million muslims, against the radicals, would be good. We see opposition to the EDL, but with very very few muslims involved.....i wonder why.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Normal people are not the EDL.

RHQ/RRF/1363 30 May 2013

A number of retired soldiers are evidently being approached and have agreed to take part in demonstrations connected to the death of Fusilier Lee Rigby. I want to make absolutely clear... the Regiment’s view on this. The hackle and the Regiment is not to be associated with any organisations which seek to exploit the death of one of our Regimental family for a range of self-serving and unhelpful reasons. It is wrong and disgraceful that the death of one of our own should be exploited in this manner and that dishonour, by wrongful association, is brought onto the Regiment. We are to remain dignified with our heads held high and respect Fusilier Rigby in the way we have all our dead; with honour and pride. We will pay our respects in the correct manner and remember him as a band of brothers. Anger and revenge are understandable emotions but they achieve nothing other than fostering hatred. We are not to be moved from what we know is the right path.

You should be aware that the 1st Battalion has held an evening vigil in Helmand attended by over 800 Fusiliers and Allied troops. The 2nd Battalion will hold a memorial service in Cyprus shortly. Our Regimental Associations across the country have organised, in conjunction with Mayors and Councils and the police, Fusilier family commemoration events, honouring Fus Lee Rigby. In London, serving Fusiliers and soldiers from other Regiments, cadets and the police have held numerous ceremonies to pay respects quietly and with dignity, I am sure the same is happening across the country. This is how the Fusiliers do business and how we will continue to conduct ourselves.

We must also remember Fusilier Rigby’s family who I know support all I have said. Do not allow the death of Fusilier Rigby to be exploited and his and their name used improperly and without the respect they are entitled to and have earned.

Details of Fusilier Lee Rigby’s funeral will be promulgated as soon as they are known.

I R Liles
Brigadier (Retd)
Regimental Secretary

Well this is a view from a few from the British Army. Sums it up perfectly i'd say.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-22725051

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Incidentally, 5000 muslims held a memorial service for the boy last week in London.

There isn't a single searchable bit of news on this, are you sure?.... If it had happened it would have been in the news for sure, even locally, the press would surely have mentioned it as an event of note in the wake of all the ugliness.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
How it should be...without the far right hijacking it.
Incidentally, 5000 muslims held a memorial service for the boy last week in London.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...emn-murder-of-soldier-lee-rigby-29294815.html

Or indeed the far left hijacking it and supporting the radicals.
2w7etet.png

Take a look at this picture, it's taken from the video of Michael Adebolajo addressing a crowd of young Muslims outside the Harrow Mosque in London on Friday 11 September 2009. Now watch the video below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3VOh6Z-wTg

Now notice the areas which have been circled on the picture and you will see them on the video. It shows a UAF placard being held high and a Unite the Union Flag whilst Michael Adebolajo is addressing the crowd with his vile hate speech. Made the connection yet??

Now watch the video below and notice at 0:59 you can see exactly the same UAF placards as the one circled red in the picture.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeYnE5CGh7I

And in the video below you can clearly see UAF protesters with placards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irD-yJG4PEE

Surely all this evidence links UAF with Islamic extremists including
Michael Adebolajo and proves that UAF and all those which support them for example; Hope Not hate, Antifa, Unions, UAF Signatories etc, are directly and indirectly supporting Islamic terrorists and extremism.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
How it should be...without the far right hijacking it.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...emn-murder-of-soldier-lee-rigby-29294815.html

Crikey, i thought this would have been front page news on the BBC and Guardian. Being cynical, i think the 5,000 were just at Friday prayer, Friday seems to be the big day for worship, and that the comments from the Iman could have been made at any time.
In short i do not think the 5,000 were there for Drummer Rigby.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Normal people are not the EDL.

RHQ/RRF/1363 30 May 2013

A number of retired soldiers are evidently being approached and have agreed to take part in demonstrations connected to the death of Fusilier Lee Rigby. I want to make absolutely clear... the Regiment’s view on this. The hackle and the Regiment is not to be associated with any organisations which seek to exploit the death of one of our Regimental family for a range of self-serving and unhelpful reasons. It is wrong and disgraceful that the death of one of our own should be exploited in this manner and that dishonour, by wrongful association, is brought onto the Regiment. We are to remain dignified with our heads held high and respect Fusilier Rigby in the way we have all our dead; with honour and pride. We will pay our respects in the correct manner and remember him as a band of brothers. Anger and revenge are understandable emotions but they achieve nothing other than fostering hatred. We are not to be moved from what we know is the right path.

You should be aware that the 1st Battalion has held an evening vigil in Helmand attended by over 800 Fusiliers and Allied troops. The 2nd Battalion will hold a memorial service in Cyprus shortly. Our Regimental Associations across the country have organised, in conjunction with Mayors and Councils and the police, Fusilier family commemoration events, honouring Fus Lee Rigby. In London, serving Fusiliers and soldiers from other Regiments, cadets and the police have held numerous ceremonies to pay respects quietly and with dignity, I am sure the same is happening across the country. This is how the Fusiliers do business and how we will continue to conduct ourselves.

We must also remember Fusilier Rigby’s family who I know support all I have said. Do not allow the death of Fusilier Rigby to be exploited and his and their name used improperly and without the respect they are entitled to and have earned.

Details of Fusilier Lee Rigby’s funeral will be promulgated as soon as they are known.

I R Liles
Brigadier (Retd)
Regimental Secretary
are you seriously trying to claim this represents the views of the average squaddie ?? Really ?? This statement is from regimental headquarters , who you know full well will toe the party line, to the letter.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Sorry mate but you've been caught out there. Time to wind your neck in , admit it's a mistake and move on.
Whether he wrote it or not it rings true , and who authenticates these snopes type sites anyway , they're just as likely to be specifically there to distort the truth in my opinion.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Crikey, i thought this would have been front page news on the BBC and Guardian. Being cynical, i think the 5,000 were just at Friday prayer, Friday seems to be the big day for worship, and that the comments from the Iman could have been made at any time.
In short i do not think the 5,000 were there for Drummer Rigby.
As I've already pointed out to him, there are 5000 there every Friday, he is , as usual, clutching at straws.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
are you seriously trying to claim this represents the views of the average squaddie ?? Really ?? This statement is from regimental headquarters , who you know full well will toe the party line, to the letter.

If the papers did not cherry pick the pictures to show exactly what they want you to perceive, then you might see ex servicemen (in uniform) and probably some serving (on leave and covered) and many older ordinary men and women at the EDL demos. No let's just show the bald headed, tattooed hooligan eh.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Exactly, as i stated, Friday around about 1pm seems to be the most important time for their worship.

So you complain on post after post that the Muslim community are not doing anything to comment on or condemn the extremists and then when someone posts a link where they are doing exactly that you dismiss it as bullshit. What do you need them to do so you will believe that they have actually commented and condemned?

Muslim Association UK Rafiq Hayat said: "We stand united with the rest of the country in sharing the deep sorrow and pain following the horrific senseless attack on Wednesday.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of Drummer Lee Rigby. We hope that the perpetrators of this crime, that is based on a twisted and warped ideology, are brought to justice.

"Islam is a religion of compassion and peace; a religion which considers the killing of an individual akin to killing the whole of humankind. Such acts of violence, therefore, have absolutely no place in Islam and can never be justified."

Similar condemnation was echoed in mosques throughout the UK.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If the papers did not cherry pick the pictures to show exactly what they want you to perceive, then you might see ex servicemen (in uniform) and probably some serving (on leave and covered) and many older ordinary men and women at the EDL demos. No let's just show the bald headed, tattooed hooligan eh.

Those poor misunderstood EDL members? Are you one?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Those poor misunderstood EDL members? Are you one?

Jeez, if you managed to read and keep up with the thread, you would know the answer, but you just pitch in with accusations and not much debate.
You trawl back and you will find my answer. My work would not allow me to be a member, see re security clearance. I have never been at a demo either, i do not support the thugs of the EDL, but they have a point against radical muslims. Perhaps because you do not have the same troubles in Oz, you may not be aware.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No it does not, but there are extremists that kill and extremists that don't kill........which one does the EDL fall in to, and which one do the radicals fall in to.

If you consider, trying to start a 'race war' as not extreme, regardless of whether they have killed anybody...yet...they have firebombed mosques, and there have ove 200 attacks on muslims in the last week in the UK, by the grace of god, without any fatalities, but come on...

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Soulman....they have a point against ALL of Islam...they have moved on some way from being against 'radical Islamists'...they are also a RACIST hate group.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here