York Mosque shows the way for all of us

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
there are 5000 people at the morden mosque EVERY Friday , this was nothing out of the ordinary.

and last friday, holding a prayer service for the poor boy..dont forget that bit....my god Bushy... you can dismiss anything you dont like...feel free..

following your earlier Islam and Germany bullshit..pretty funny.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Jeez, if you managed to read and keep up with the thread, you would know the answer, but you just pitch in with accusations and not much debate.
You trawl back and you will find my answer. My work would not allow me to be a member, see re security clearance. I have never been at a demo either, i do not support the thugs of the EDL, but they have a point against radical muslims. Perhaps because you do not have the same troubles in Oz, you may not be aware.

I missed out a lot of the thread, I do apologise for my question (no accusation. but it is interesting you feel it was an accusation after your defense of them).

So would you become a member were it not for your security clearance problem? (don't feel you need to answer my question if it irks you too much that I haven't read the whole thread).

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
and last friday, holding a prayer service for the poor boy..dont forget that bit....my god Bushy... you can dismiss anything you dont like...feel free..

following your earlier Islam and Germany bullshit..pretty funny.

They were there , the same as they are EVERY Friday , not specifically for lee Rigby , and they mentioned him , WOW am I reassured now .......

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
They were there , the same as they are EVERY Friday , not specifically for lee Rigby , and they mentioned him , WOW am I reassured now .......

Muslim Association UK Rafiq Hayat said: "We stand united with the rest of the country in sharing the deep sorrow and pain following the horrific senseless attack on Wednesday.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of Drummer Lee Rigby. We hope that the perpetrators of this crime, that is based on a twisted and warped ideology, are brought to justice.

"Islam is a religion of compassion and peace; a religion which considers the killing of an individual akin to killing the whole of humankind. Such acts of violence, therefore, have absolutely no place in Islam and can never be justified."

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If you consider, trying to start a 'race war' as not extreme, regardless of whether they have killed anybody...yet...they have firebombed mosques, and there have ove 200 attacks on muslims in the last week in the UK, by the grace of god, without any fatalities, but come on...

Dave, someone did indeed last week said they wanted to "start a war" in London. Its on record. He was covered in blood and had just murdered a British soldier.

I think your concerns, though perfectly valid, are wildy misdirected. but then the self confessed initiators of this current tension are much harder to confront without falling foul of the institutionalised imbalance when it comes to British community relations. I understand the dilemma.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Dave, someone did indeed last week said they wanted to "start a war" in London. Its on record. He was covered in blood and had just murdered a British soldier.

I think your concerns, though perfectly valid, are wildy misdirected. but then the self confessed initiators of this current tension are much harder to confront without falling foul of the institutionalised imbalance when it comes to British community relations. I understand the dilemma.

Not sure I'm reading your post right, so just checking, @The Spanish:

You rightly point out that someone (singular) say he wanted to "start a war". You refer to him yourself as "He" (again, singular)

You then go on to mention the "initiators of this current tensions" (plural). Is this an extrapolation from "Michael Adebowale" to "Muslims", or to any other plural (maybe not quite so general)? Or by 'initiators' are you referring to the EDL?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Not sure I'm reading your post right, so just checking, @The Spanish:

You rightly point out that someone (singular) say he wanted to "start a war". You refer to him yourself as "He" (again, singular)

You then go on to mention the "initiators of this current tensions" (plural). Is this an extrapolation from "Michael Adebowale" to "Muslims", or to any other plural (maybe not quite so general)? Or by 'initiators' are you referring to the EDL?

no, there were two attackers in the woolwich attack - not just one. one is on record making that statement. the other attacker no doubt felt the same, unless he has been duped. it will emerge that there were more co conspirators i am sure who discussed this as well. theres all your plurals "@dtes" (who invented this @ nonsense outside of twitter, i have been quoted by you anyway, its all a bit daft).

singular plural singular plural zzzzzzzzzzzzzz you are trying a bit too hard there, dtes.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
no, there were two attackers in the woolwich attack - not just one. one is on record making that statement. the other attacker no doubt felt the same, unless he has been duped. it will emerge that there were more co conspirators i am sure who discussed this as well. theres all your plurals "@dtes" (who invented this @ nonsense outside of twitter, i have been quoted by you anyway, its all a bit daft).

singular plural singular plural zzzzzzzzzzzzzz you are trying a bit too hard there, dtes.

I think the point her is making is that the EDL don't know where to stop with their plurals. They take the two that did this horrible thing and blame everyone else with the same religious beliefs.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I think the point her is making is that the EDL don't know where to stop with their plurals. They take the two that did this horrible thing and blame everyone else with the same religious beliefs.

if they were as smart and lacking in pretension as you badfish thats what they would have written

but i understood. it was just phenomenally irritatingly written.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

If I was trying to hard, I'd have come straight out and accused you of generalising to all Muslims (as it seems many are doing. If they weren't mosques wouldn't have been attacked by arsonists...) I read it that way, so asked to check. I'm not sure I can do much more than that.

(As for the "@" signs, I'm sure you know why NSC introduced them - I just didn't realise Bozza had turned them off)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
if they were as smart and lacking in pretension as you badfish thats what they would have written

but i understood. it was just phenomenally irritatingly written.

LACKING in pretension!??? Moi? How very dare you?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If I was trying to hard, I'd have come straight out and accused you of generalising to all Muslims (as it seems many are doing. If they weren't mosques wouldn't have been attacked by arsonists...) I read it that way, so asked to check. I'm not sure I can do much more than that.

(As for the "@" signs, I'm sure you know why NSC introduced them - I just didn't realise Bozza had turned them off)

as for extrapolation, to get from - not immediately denouncing any form of protest against islamic extremism as its moral equivalent - or taking part in the current snobbery festival regarding the concerns of people at the faultlines of this current phenomenon - to generalising about muslims, now that's a better example.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
as for extrapolation, to get from - not immediately denouncing any form of protest against islamic extremism as its moral equivalent - or taking part in the current snobbery festival regarding the concerns of people at the faultlines of this current phenomenon - to generalising about muslims, now that's a better example.

I've read that three times and I'm still not sure what you're trying to say.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
1.6 Billion Muslims in the world - a small handful of who are extremists.
33,000 EDL members - almost all of whom are knuckle dragging, racist morons.

I'm not arguing with your message but it's an invalid comparison. If your're going to compare the proportion of muslims who are extremists you must compare with the proportion of English caucasians who are knuckle dragging, racist morons. Alternatively you could compare the number of Al Qaeda sympathisers who are extremists.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I've read that three times and I'm still not sure what you're trying to say.

perhaps its a singular and plurals thing like last time. who knows? but suggesting there's a link between the clarity of my writing and the validity of my views on current community tensions is certainly chipping away at my credibility. its a desperate tactic but theres plenty of time. its a bit like trying to bust out of Alcatraz with a toffee hammer over a few years but - go for it.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
perhaps its a singular and plurals thing like last time. who knows? but suggesting there's a link between the clarity of my writing and the validity of my views on current community tensions is certainly chipping away at my credibility. its a desperate tactic but theres plenty of time. its a bit like trying to bust out of Alcatraz with a toffee hammer over a few years but - go for it.

Very clever. Claiming I'm using the clarity of your writing to undermine your views behind them is... well, ironically it's as poor an argument as you accuse me of.

Seriously, I don't know what your last point was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports