Yet another piece of UKIP brilliance

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Has it occurred to you that some employers might be a tad unscrupulous and not comply with the said legislation , there are Christ knows how many illegals in this country who are also working in the economy, albeit the black version.

I accept that, but if there were fewer migrants these unscrupulous employers would employ indigenous individuals to the same effect. My son is 20, has physical and non-physical health problems, and was recently offered a job, which after deducting a 'on job training fee' paid 58 pence an hour.

Frankly I'd rather that job go to a Lithuanian.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Although UKIP's messages will undoubtedly resonate with many voters my worry is that with no experience in government it could be a real car crash if they sweep to power.

The Greens have shown what can happen if you put the inexperienced in charge. Yes many of their policies seem appealing on paper but also a tad worrying once confronted with the reality of having to take proper decisions that have real consequences for real people.

I'm all for challenging the traditional political parties and injecting some fresh blood into government but it is a two edged sword and I'm worried what chaos could ensue, certainly in the short term.

A very sensible post. There are some horrible and very callow representatives of UKIP but there are some good people involved in the party, this however is of no interest to the media and some of the political sheep on here. It will take time to weed out the idiots.

Their policies are not good enough to run a country yet but in my opinion, it will be good to get a few of them in at the next general election to shake things up a bit. I would be amazed if they got 10 seats but 3 or 4 is possible.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Can't speak for construction workers but many British tradesmen have enjoyed years of exploiting British people through shoddy workmanship and ridiculously inflated pricing. Seems many of those promoting hatred and paranoia against European workers are finally facing some real competition. Perhaps the second Range Rover and holiday home in the Algarve are under threat?

The kind of builder you are describing would have loads of low wage Eastern Europeans working for him

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i work with a polish lady. She's a pain in the arse! she comes in early, stays late, works through her breaks, doesn't write down her overtime, thinks for herself, shows 'enthusiasm' and, worst of all, is nothing but lovely. too EVERYONE! i mean come on, who wants to work with someone like that, let alone employ someone like that. Oh...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So being intolerant of a party that has nothing but a jumbled up, confused set of policies makes me a bigot?
Not believing in a party that would sink the UK if they got into power makes me a bigot?
Not tolerating the views of someone who wastes tax payers money makes me a bigot?
Not tolerating the outdated, racist views of party members makes me a bigot?

Then a bigot I am.

No your a retard, or definatley politicly retarded at least.

For years now people across the political spectrum have bemoaned career politicians. The looks the same, act the same, lie the same, buffed up cadre of professional liars and teflon coated spivs. Finally democracy morphs and you get some grass roots politics. Yes there are morons, incompetants, some have bigoted views, some have a lot of weird and wacky bigoted views. Thats what grass roots politics is, the warts and all bellowing of the common folk. Represented by UKIP here and the Tea Party in the USA.

Now a sophisticated response, or dare i say it an intelligent one would be to say "hay lets start are own grass roots movement and start ousting some of the clockwork suits". But no what happens? The fingers point, the bottom lip begins to quiver as the tears start to roll when you start bawling, racist or little englander in the hope that most will miss your empty imature and stunted petulance and take you seriously.

That is why you are a retard.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm confused. So it's immigrants who work and white, British people who sit around on the pavement begging? Well, let's have more of those hard working immigrants then please.

Your get plenty if Labour ever get back in and the debt will go manic again

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So being intolerant of a party that has nothing but a jumbled up, confused set of policies makes me a bigot?
Not believing in a party that would sink the UK if they got into power makes me a bigot?
Not tolerating the views of someone who wastes tax payers money makes me a bigot?
Not tolerating the outdated, racist views of party members makes me a bigot?

Then a bigot I am.

Labour have already done your top three quotes so what does that make them or you even if you support them

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

For years now people across the political spectrum have bemoaned career politicians. The looks the same, act the same, lie the same, buffed up cadre of professional liars and teflon coated spivs. Finally democracy morphs and you get some grass roots politics. Yes there are morons, incompetants, some have bigoted views, some have a lot of weird and wacky bigoted views. Thats what grass roots politics is, the warts and all bellowing of the common folk. Represented by UKIP here and the Tea Party in the USA.

Now a sophisticated response, or dare i say it an intelligent one would be to say "hay lets start are own grass roots movement and start ousting some of the clockwork suits". But no what happens? The fingers point, the bottom lip begins to quiver as the tears start to roll when you start bawling, racist or little englander in the hope that most will miss your empty imature and stunted petulance and take you seriously.

spot on .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bloody part timer ! One day we will , alas my bredbury hall days are over , and I am walking out with a young lady at present, so I won't be able to regale you with tales of derring do with the likes of Pam from audenshaw!

Sorry Bushy I meant the North Stand!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
OK a bit closer to (my) home a medium sized manufacturing company in Southampton I have done work for the past 10 years or so has completely transformed the nature of the Shop Floor workers from 100% or so 'Ampshire to around 90% Eastern European in the time I have worked for them.

A bit further away a Food Factory I work at in Huntingdon the Shop Floor is probably 95% Eastern European.

Oh and a Stone Masonry in Oxford I do work for every single Stone Mason was Eastern European.

Sorry that I don't work in every single part of the UK but I do find it fairly amusing that you think you know what is going on in UK workplaces given where you are located!

It is not what is going on that i was commenting on it was the notion that 'Eastern Europeans have stuffed the English Working class'. You are blaming those who have lawfully taken advantage of the laws rather than those who made the laws. I don't need to live in the UK to see that this is nonsense and that your examples do not have any relevance to your original point.

The English working classes were being stuffed by successive governments way before I left the UK. Somehow those governments have also managed to make people blame the symptoms of rather than the causes. Genius really. And such a good system that our government are adopting it for Australia.

Eastern Europeans are not stuffing the English working class. The English working class have been stuffed by their governments for years.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I can only assume that UKIP are providing such a threat to the main parties that people feel the need to rip into them at any opportunity ( and this one is pathetically weak ). Strange how we don't get as many posts about the Labour MP being done for assault, the Lib Dem MP accused of rape, the theft of public funds by Tory MPs, the Labour mayor who called disabled people spastics.

Or maybe the Lib Dems of Baker, Bellotti and LDC ???

Strange that !

This............

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Amen to this.

UkIP are certainly mixing up the political spectrum,the thing that baffles me the most is why the major parties are not asking questions as to why this is occurring,all we are hearing is smear and debunking(justified in the cases of the UKIP loons). There seems to be a real case of politicians burying their heads in the sand..."dont worry about it,they are all lunatics and racists".
Posters like nibble and tubthumper are much the same,casting them as the panto villian who are simply racist. I have a strong suspicion UKIP will do very well at the Euro elections.
Much of it will be down to their grass roots supporters and much will be down to the people who want a voice and are digging their heels in against the thinking of people like nibble and tubthumper who want everyone to shut up if they dont fit in with their way of thinking.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Amen to this.

UkIP are certainly mixing up the political spectrum,the thing that baffles me the most is why the major parties are not asking questions as to why this is occurring,all we are hearing is smear and debunking(justified in the cases of the UKIP loons). There seems to be a real case of politicians burying their heads in the sand..."dont worry about it,they are all lunatics and racists".
Posters like nibble and tubthumper are much the same,casting them as the panto villian who are simply racist. I have a strong suspicion UKIP will do very well at the Euro elections.
Much of it will be down to their grass roots supporters and much will be down to the people who want a voice and are digging their heels in against the thinking of people like nibble and tubthumper who want everyone to shut up if they dont fit in with their way of thinking.

I can't help but wonder if you and Looney think that the Greens occupy the same ground at the other end of the spectrum. They seem to be treated with the same kind of distain by the right as UKIP do from the left (On this board anyway). If this is the case then I would agree that such organisations are healthy and necessary additions to the political spectrum.

We in Australia have seen a rise in popularity in the minor parties (especially in the senate) because the two main parties are help is such low regard. The minor parties and independents are currently holding the balance of power in the senate which is both healthy and necessary with the crooks who occupy the seats in the lower house.

I wholeheartedly agree that any diminishing of the power of the two party preferred system is good for democracy. Although part of that democracy is that people are allowed to criticise and share their opinion on that which they disagree.

It strikes me that Looney's rather colourful description of Nibble's opinion on UKIP could equally be used to describe many opinions of The greens on this board.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I can't help but wonder if you and Looney think that the Greens occupy the same ground at the other end of the spectrum. They seem to be treated with the same kind of distain by the right as UKIP do from the left (On this board anyway). If this is the case then I would agree that such organisations are healthy and necessary additions to the political spectrum.

We in Australia have seen a rise in popularity in the minor parties (especially in the senate) because the two main parties are help is such low regard. The minor parties and independents are currently holding the balance of power in the senate which is both healthy and necessary with the crooks who occupy the seats in the lower house.

I wholeheartedly agree that any diminishing of the power of the two party preferred system is good for democracy. Although part of that democracy is that people are allowed to criticise and share their opinion on that which they disagree.

It strikes me that Looney's rather colourful description of Nibble's opinion on UKIP could equally be used to describe many opinions of The greens on this board.

In terms of spectrum and distain you are quite astute and correct with regard the greens ukip etc etc(and how boring does that get),yet i suggest you are part of a political group that dont get it.

there is a genuine concern amongst people over Europe,there is a concerted campaign to tell people to shut up or ridicule the party they want to vote for.I want to know why the main parties are ignoring the issues

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
In terms of spectrum and distain you are quite astute and correct with regard the greens ukip etc etc(and how boring does that get),yet i suggest you are part of a political group that dont get it.

there is a genuine concern amongst people over Europe,there is a concerted campaign to tell people to shut up or ridicule the party they want to vote for.I want to know why the main parties are ignoring the issues

Surely the main parties are very happy for people to ridicule the fringe or minor parties. I would suggest they do get it, they just don't think it is worth worrying about. Never needed to before so why bother now? The arrogance of power perhaps?

I think I probably am part of a political group that don't get it I think we all are. We see on here how often and how easy it is to get involved in childish name calling and bickering when engaged in political or social debate. I would suggest that all political groups don't get it, this is why they behave so poorly in the media and in parliament.

Show me the candidate who acts the least like a politician and I will vote for them (over simplified but you get my drift).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports