Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet another piece of UKIP brilliance

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Strange how you all want to just insult anyone that might want to consider voting UKIP rather than put forward an intelligent, well though argument. [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] - would have thought you would be above the pathetic insult throwing.

Well, there's not much point in beating around the bush, UKIP voters are ignorant fools.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Very uncomfortable with that advert. It only encourages xenophobic attitudes. Whatever people feel about immigration controls, that poster is just not right.

UKIP a more moderate BNP for the Middle Classes. Farage should immigrate to Australia, their current PM pretty much has all his policies...

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
sigh........

Oh I see only 'certain' areas which you can cherry pick to support your suggestion about the 'English' working class. Perhaps you should be talking about the Linsolnshire working class or the working class in the other 'certain' areas instead of the 'English' working class.

OK a bit closer to (my) home a medium sized manufacturing company in Southampton I have done work for the past 10 years or so has completely transformed the nature of the Shop Floor workers from 100% or so 'Ampshire to around 90% Eastern European in the time I have worked for them.

A bit further away a Food Factory I work at in Huntingdon the Shop Floor is probably 95% Eastern European.

Oh and a Stone Masonry in Oxford I do work for every single Stone Mason was Eastern European.

Sorry that I don't work in every single part of the UK but I do find it fairly amusing that you think you know what is going on in UK workplaces given where you are located!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well, there's not much point in beating around the bush, UKIP voters are ignorant fools.

Thank you for proving my point about your inability to put forward an intelligent argument.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Wow, talking of pub bores .......... where are you not drinking tonight.

You're a UKIP supporter? Quelle surprise. (That's "what a surprise" in filthy foreign speak, btw.)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thank you for proving my point about your inability to put forward an intelligent argument.

Inability and not being bothered to point out the obvious are two different things. I am firmly in the latter camp.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Inability and not being bothered to point out the obvious are two different things. I am firmly in the latter camp.

And yet can be bothered to constantly comment on UKIP threads but not make a single intelligent post .... how strange ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Strange how you all want to just insult anyone that might want to consider voting UKIP rather than put forward an intelligent, well though argument. [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] - would have thought you would be above the pathetic insult throwing.

Okay, my language was a bit flippant and to you I apologise. But I feel the underlying sentiment is valid. Which is that I do feel UKIP are similar to certain types/generation who are loud on very specific topics without really having thought about them or the consequences or put together a compelling case. I do not like the Tory party but at least they can string a coherent argument together; Farange simply trots out basic stats which are often proven to be incorrect and seemingly scaremongering.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Can't speak for construction workers but many British tradesmen have enjoyed years of exploiting British people through shoddy workmanship and ridiculously inflated pricing. Seems many of those promoting hatred and paranoia against European workers are finally facing some real competition. Perhaps the second Range Rover and holiday home in the Algarve are under threat?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
And yet can be bothered to constantly comment on UKIP threads but not make a single intelligent post .... how strange ???

Make an intelligent post in response to what though. Maybe when UKIP can come up with a constructive assessment of how the global economy works and why wages, employment and housing are really depressed then an intelligent response maybe in order. UKIP's single issue finger pointing does nothing to confront the issues facing the UK and and indeed other economies today, they blame foreigners and allow the corporations and deregulated financial sector to get on and do their worst. UKIP is party that exists on the scapegoating of 'others' and ignores the forces of change behind the world economy in the last decade or two.

Electorally UKIP may well not be a joke, they threaten both tory and labour votes, but as a potential party of power they are a complete joke. If you continue to be believe that movement of labour is the cause of all our ills then you also lay yourself open to that charge.

As Woodward and Bernstein found out, follow the money and you'll start to find real answers.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I work all over the EU, does that mean I'm stealing the jobs of Poles, Germans, Cypriots and the French?

With any luck I'm going to steal an EU persons job at some point this year (country as yet not chosen).

As Mr Farage points out this country has an open door policy, and I fully intend to use it...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

I will forever be bothered to state that UKIP are idiots and it's supporters misguided fools. Or at least until 2015 where they will be trounced and disappear forever.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Unfortunately UKIP are never questioned on their other policies besides immigration (or those linked very closed to immigration).

I read their proposed health policy last year when their popularity grew... it was a shambles proposed by a former physiotherapist with very little prior experience. How does everyone like the sound of: decrease in funding, greater and faster pace of privatisation and another top down re-organisation?

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Ukip are essentially a bunch of bigoted numbskulls with very little to offer the country who have seen th elikes of Blair and Cameron and their chums doing very well out of the British people and they'd like to wade in and have a piece of the action too thank you very much. And Farage looks like he would be wet to the touch.

big•ot (ˈbɪg ət)

n.
a person who is extremely intolerant of another's creed, belief, or opinion.

Sounds like you.

D

Deleted member 22389

Depends if you're dark skinned or not. Besides, mainland Europe are more relaxed about econmic movement and do not bang on about it as much as Little Englanders do.

Really, the Europeans are more intolerant than we are other some things. The way the press go on is that we are the only ones with this problems, that is simply not true.
And where do you think most of these people are fleeing too? Not welcomed in these European countries they eventually head to the UK.

Could you imagine this happening here
http://www.thelocal.it/20140312/naples-residents-hurl-fireworks-at-roma-camp

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...-inflates-chronic-immigration-issue-1.1612358
http://www.neurope.eu/article/italy-calls-eu-help-tackling-increasing-immigration-crisis
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/09/swiss-referendum-immigration-quotas

Last edited by a moderator:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sounds like you.

So being intolerant of a party that has nothing but a jumbled up, confused set of policies makes me a bigot?
Not believing in a party that would sink the UK if they got into power makes me a bigot?
Not tolerating the views of someone who wastes tax payers money makes me a bigot?
Not tolerating the outdated, racist views of party members makes me a bigot?

Then a bigot I am.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So being intolerant of a party that has nothing but a jumbled up, confused set of policies makes me a bigot?
Not believing in a party that would sink the UK if they got into power makes me a bigot?
Not tolerating the views of someone who wastes tax payers money makes me a bigot?

You're a Labour Party voter aren't you?......... say no more then.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You're a Labour Party voter aren't you?......... say no more then.

Nope. I used to vote Labour but then Blair turned me off them. You can disagree with UKIP without being some left leaning looney wurzel.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I work in higher education, an industry which has a global reputation for a high quality service, and is one of the biggest exporters in the country, contributing £14bn a year to the economy.

UKIP's policies would wipe out most of this benefit by preventing/discouraging overseas students from attending UK universities.

Could a UKIP supporter explain the benefits of such a policy to someone such as myself, who would probably lose my job (80% of the students I teach are international).

The current government has made things difficult enough, UKIP would extend this disadvantage by making it even more difficult for overseas students to attend higher education in the UK.

http://www.economist.com/news/brita...ng-english-universities-how-ruin-global-brand

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here