Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xmas Train Alert - Some Windy Weather.....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No trains from Shoreham at present

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Southern starting to run services in the London area as it has been least affected.

Major signalling failure at Balcombe with flooding too - Mainline won't be cleared quickly. Lots of trees down and level crossings damaged. Loss of power at Horsham too.

Buses difficult to get due to poor road conditions.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
So should I be able to get from London Victoria to Brighton in a few hours time (and Swindon to London)?

I was intending to drive, but hitting a curb and blowing my tyre yesterday evening put paid to those plans.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Carnage in my front garden this morning...

IMAG0346.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So should I be able to get from London Victoria to Brighton in a few hours time (and Swindon to London)?

I was intending to drive, but hitting a curb and blowing my tyre yesterday evening put paid to those plans.

I think you may struggle to do that given the current train service

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
FFS. Any idea when trains will start running from London to Brighton?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
FFS. Any idea when trains will start running from London to Brighton?

Surprise, surprise - almost no detail on the Southern site. Seems like there's a limited service between Haywards Heath and Brighton currently, no mention of anything from London to HH.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Surprise, surprise - almost no detail on the Southern site. Seems like there's a limited service between Haywards Heath and Brighton currently, no mention of anything from London to HH.

Think it is a bus service at present, Gatwick North Terminal is savaged by power outages so there are a fair few people who may well have a very bad Christmas

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Probably January 2nd

That's far too optimistic, even without this current carnage they were planning on finishing the engineering work at 4am on January 2nd, given there's another storm forecast for the end of the week I reckon we'll see the trains resuming on 6th January.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Think it is a bus service at present, Gatwick North Terminal is savaged by power outages so there are a fair few people who may well have a very bad Christmas

Indeed. I do think, though, that whatever the issue, that there is no excuse for a lack of information - even if it's bad news, it gives you a chance to plan. Just to be left hanging is there worst thing you can do, and Southern fail on this point every time.

That's my last anti-Southern rant this year. No doubt I'll be re-starting on Jan 2nd when I won't be able to get back to work because of the overrunning works.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That's my last anti-Southern rant this year. No doubt I'll be re-starting on Jan 2nd when I won't be able to get back to work because of the overrunning works.

Wonder what odds you would get at a bookie for no trains on 02nd January

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)

Supposed to be flying from there on Thursday morning. I had a cruel dream about there being cancellations and avoiding Christmas with the Spanish girlfriend's family so that i can just rest on my own watching tv. I hope this wasn't my Medusa Touch. I best warn St Paul's Cathedral.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here