Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xmas Train Alert - Some Windy Weather.....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cheers. Again, much appreciated. In Northampton at the moment and need to be in Craft Beer Co at 18:00. I'm hopeful NSC will help deliver me on time.

Currently National Rail states that safety checks still being done on the main line so no clear indication when the service starts.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A cable fire near East Croydon means that we are unable to operate services until further notice in this area. This will affect Brighton Mainline services between Gatwick Airport and London. This is in addition to disruption caused by last night’s storm. As a result, we are able to operate the following limited service only until further notice:

Brighton to Haywards Heath
Brighton to Eastbourne
Brighton to Newhaven
Brighton to Barnham
Bognor to Barnham
Redhill to Three Bridges

Not sounding very promising.

Earlier it was a power-out, now a cable fire. What sort of clowns have they got repairing the lines?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Currently National Rail states that safety checks still being done on the main line so no clear indication when the service starts.

Thanks. Just departing Northampton so hopefully the line will be sorted by the time I arrive at Vic.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Latest update on southern site - you'll be most interested in the first one in the list of services running:

Services are severely disrupted following last night's storm, as well as an earlier cable fire near East Croydon. However, we are able to operate limited services on the following routes:

London Victoria to Gatwick Airport
Brighton to Eastbourne
Brighton to Newhaven
Brighton to Barnham
Bognor to Barnham
Redhill to Three Bridges

Passengers should check their service prior to travel at nationalrail.co.uk.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Wonder how much these storms will affect the economy?

So many people not going into work and the damage to the properties (rotten time to happen).

Although none of this matters compared to the people killed snd injured in this storm.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Southern site update (and not good news on the Victoria-Gatwick route sadly):

Services are severely disrupted following last night's storm, as well as an earlier cable fire near East Croydon. However, we are able to operate limited services on the following routes:

Replacement bus service between London Victoria and Gatwick Airport
Brighton to Eastbourne
Brighton to Newhaven
Brighton to Barnham
Bognor to Barnham
Redhill to Three Bridges

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No updates on National Rail bar the offer of purchasing a £5 Southern Railway ticket in advance, not really very appropriate given the current situation.

Possible chink of light there is a 15:51 advertised on National Rail Victoria - Brighton however a bus service between Victoria and Gatwick at present

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No updates on National Rail bar the offer of purchasing a £5 Southern Railway ticket in advance, not really very appropriate given the current situation.

Possible chink of light there is a 15:51 advertised on National Rail Victoria - Brighton however a bus service between Victoria and Gatwick at present

They've been advertising trains all morning and then canceling them as the day moves on. The bus must take a good few hours right?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd strongly advise anybody who has the wherewithal to do so, to just write off the trains right NOW, unless you have access to one that's going at least a bit closer to your intended destination than where you currently are. If you have the chance to grab a cab or bus or call a relative to pick you up, best to do so without any further delay. Do a good deed at Xmas and share your transport with a stranger if you can, they'll love you longtime. Trains are WAY past the point of providing any kind of meaningful joined-up service today. Tho total respect to the trains for trying. Sometimes the odds just stack up against you a bit too far. Hope everybody makes it to where they need to be OK.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Tho total respect to the trains for trying. Sometimes the odds just stack up against you a bit too far. Hope everybody makes it to where they need to be OK.

This. But you can 100% guarantee that when you see the news later there will be at least one ******** ranting "this is a disgrace, wouldn't happen in Germany, our trains are rubbish" etc etc :tosser:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This. But you can 100% guarantee that when you see the news later there will be at least one ******** ranting "this is a disgrace, wouldn't happen in Germany, our trains are rubbish" etc etc :tosser:

UK, third world rail country. Not fit to be mentioned in the same breath as Germany.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just left Vic on a train to Crystal Palace. Going to try to get to Gatwick and have my brother pick me up. The announcer seems to have forgotten to announce which carriage the buffet car is in.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just left Vic on a train to Crystal Palace. Going to try to get to Gatwick and have my brother pick me up. The announcer seems to have forgotten to announce which carriage the buffet car is in.

Should be a nice Eastern European trolley service if anything - still at least you are moving in the right direction.

I would suggest a shower before you go out to the craft beer place bearing in mind that disgusting place.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You would think they would be good at meltdowns , the amount they have had recently.

Personally I would of called it last night to have a bus service running in anticipation of problems. Seems the bus got rolled out as an after thought about 1 pm. Should of been plan b and an option before lines even inspected at first light

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Buffet Car ? You'll be lucky to find a toilet that isn't overflowing on a train terminating anywhere in South London :lol:

p.s Don't forget the :tosser: gesture if you encounter any Nigels.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Should be a nice Eastern European trolley service if anything - still at least you are moving in the right direction.

I would suggest a shower before you go out to the craft beer place bearing in mind that disgusting place.

A shower isn't enough , fumigation when he reaches The Pylons is needed :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here