Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xmas Train Alert - Some Windy Weather.....

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He'd have had to have admitted his mistake to his bosses, and got authorisation from above to reverse back into the station.

Otherwise the train would not have been insured, and in the worst cases, court and gaol if life is lost.

So I guess it was Christmas good will from the guy who made the call at FCC HQ.

It wouldnt have reversed without permission from the signaller or control. It would of course be investigated.......without the need of a HB&B thread !!

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Southern arent suspended (yet), so you just use them.

Otherwise taxis might be provided, though it really is your own fault if you get stuck as people were told to travel earlier and not unless necessary.

Just wondered what happens if you landed at Luton at 9pm and needed to get to Brighton.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I think tonight was as chaotic as I can remember. No one had the foggiest idea what was going on. Very surprised that, knowing the 50mph was coming, neither Southern nor FCC implemented an emergency timetable which meant that drivers and guards were all over the place. Still, made it through the shift without hitting any trees.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
No way I'm gonna bother trying to get to London tomorrow, already been told we're finishing at midday anyway!

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Please check on line but ive been informed there will be no trains until at least 7 am on southern services today

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Incident created
23/12/2013 08:25
Last updated
24/12/2013 04:24
Route affected
All Southern routes and Gatwick Express services

TOC(s) affected
Gatwick Express; Southern;
Description
Flooding and damage to rail infrastructure following strong winds and heavy rain on Monday 23 December is disrupting services.
Due to the number of blockages on the line, all Southern services are currently suspended and it isn't know when they will start. Passengers are advised not to travel.

Twitter hashtag: #UKStorm
To check your journey, please use the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
First shuttle 737 then every 30 mins all stations to haywards Heath , 50 mph speed restriction till 9am .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here