Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WSL

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Got wet in row L, but not by much tbh - more spray than rain. One thing that is obvious, its a damn sight warmer than Withdean though.

Sep 1, 2010
Got wet in row L, but not by much tbh - more spray than rain. One thing that is obvious, its a damn sight warmer than Withdean though.

BIG this! The difference in wind and tempature once inside the ground is massive. Once we got out again after the game it was like mid November

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Tiny and I mean tiny amount in row O but not a problem at all

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Row K was a bit wet when wind blew rain in but nothing too bad.....i think probably L and above should be fine. Generally the south westerly wind we mostly get should keep the rain behind the west and straight into the east stand :)

horshamseagull11

seagullshorsham
Dec 11, 2010
Eastbourne
Sat in 5th row back in wsl seat was soaked but luckily the rain had just stopped. Whoever s on the bench is going get a good shower to! Glad im in back of north stand for my season ticket!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
First, four or five but as many have said its only if the wind blows it around, so a wind from the East. The roof does cover the stand but obvioulsy as its high the wind may drift in, however it should very rare to have a Withdean experience, and would need Barnet esk horizontal rain to get everyone wet.

That was pretty heavy yesterday and they had to close the new station bridge ramp before the game as it flooded at the bottom and the press boxs also got a blast. Unless we go all domed roof, some people will get a shower now and then from the changing elements. Like others said I got far wetter walking the short distance from the station to the ground and once in it was very hot/humid in the concourse and stands and dried off very quickly.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Can i ask a silly question. My ST is in WSL W1A AB. Does that mean i am 28 rows back from the front? i.e a to z = 26 rows back + aa and ab = 2 total 28? Maths was never my strong subject!

That should be right at the back, which is what i thought.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Water on seats back to row "O" WSL when I got there at 2.00. The roof is so bloody high though - you're bound to get a bit wet when the wind is up.
I have to say I was a bit deflated by the lack of atmosphere yesterday. I think those who were saving their first game for Doncaster will be in for a more safisfying christening to the new stadium. I think it will be noisy.
Pleased to say that Paul Samrah was first to make an announcement over the tannoy (which works very well). They need to make better use of the TV screens (like keeping the player names and numbers on view).
The stadium is brilliant. There is more room in the seats - width and legroom. They are comfortable.
Teething problems with catering aside (yes, the pies were great for those who were able to get one), and the rip off cost of a programme (£5 for a SSC final - what were the SCFA thinking?) - a good day out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here