Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you take beating Potter's Chelsea over Palace this year?

Would you take beating Chelsea and losing to Palace this season?

• Yes

• No

• Don't care about either of them

• Fence

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’d love to beat Chelsea, I’d love us to beat anyone, and I’ve got myself a ticket just behind Potter (boo!) however given the choice I’d rather beat palace. Chelsea are nothing to me.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You forget we did it at the end of a season not six games in.

If you don’t see that Potter shat on us and worse, on Bloom, who had backed him when 90% of PL chairman would have sacked him, fine but I don’t see any comparison with Swansea. Most accepted he’d go on to better things but not within 24 hours of an approach, taking the whole first team coaching squad when we were having such a good start to the season.

I imagine you’ll be giving Potter a clap when we play Chelsea.
We don’t have a transfer window for managers though so it’s a bit pointless being to upset over timings. Thankfully we had a month off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We don’t have a transfer window for managers though so it’s a bit pointless being to upset over timings. Thankfully we had a month off.
Irrelevant, you are OK with it, I’m not :shrug:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
You forget we did it at the end of a season not six games in.

If you don’t see that Potter shat on us and worse, on Bloom, who had backed him when 90% of PL chairman would have sacked him, fine but I don’t see any comparison with Swansea. Most accepted he’d go on to better things but not within 24 hours of an approach, taking the whole first team coaching squad when we were having such a good start to the season.

I imagine you’ll be giving Potter a clap when we play Chelsea.
This. Still completely livid about Potter’s manner of leaving. Blindsided Bloom, Barber and us after six games of a new season!! And went to a toxic club who were balls deep in the ESL and bankrolled by a bent oligarch. I’ve been to countless Palace games since the 70s but I want more than anything for Brighton to smash Chelsea into the dirt this season. Potter, using his feted Emotional Intelligence, said he understands that some Brighton fans won’t forgive him. We’ll, cooee Graham, I’m one of them. You’re a generationally brilliant coach but you acted like a **** with my club.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Infortunately I fear Graham is going to read RDZs tactics like a kids book and adjust to tear us a new one.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I think CFC are the only league side we have never beaten , so in this case yes , but it is mighty close .

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I can't stand Chelsea and want Potter to fail miserably.

Still a no from me though.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Speaking to Chelsea fan yesterday he thinks they will lose as the crowd and our players will be well up for having one over their old manager. Also Chelsea fans are pissed at Potter for throwing away three points at Brentford with his team selection.
I also think this will be RDZ’s first win just a hunch.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'd take beating anyone at the moment, and on current form I can't see us beating either.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
I was (and still am) mostly annoyed about the timing of Potter going moreso than the actual fact he went. During pre-season or world cup fine, but mid way through a season with games coming up was unreasonable imo.

And whilst I love to beat Chelsea, I wouldn't trade beating Palace for any other result bar one which avoids relegation if it came to it.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was (and still am) mostly annoyed about the timing of Potter going moreso than the actual fact he went. During pre-season or world cup fine, but mid way through a season with games coming up was unreasonable imo.

And whilst I love to beat Chelsea, I wouldn't trade beating Palace for any other result bar one which avoids relegation if it came to it.
You have yet to see us beat Chelsea though!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Never in a million years. Beating Palace is the ultimate.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There's just no way GP would say "get rid" about a player - English international - that they signed less than six months ago.
He’s went from a spod to a hipster when he moved here, maybe he has gone from a hipster to an entitled Chelsea twat since he went there? :lolol:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This. Still completely livid about Potter’s manner of leaving. Blindsided Bloom, Barber and us after six games of a new season!! And went to a toxic club who were balls deep in the ESL and bankrolled by a bent oligarch. I’ve been to countless Palace games since the 70s but I want more than anything for Brighton to smash Chelsea into the dirt this season. Potter, using his feted Emotional Intelligence, said he understands that some Brighton fans won’t forgive him. We’ll, cooee Graham, I’m one of them. You’re a generationally brilliant coach but you acted like a **** with my club.
Pretty much how I feel.
I love my club and he undermined our very stability. I need to get it out of my system next Saturday, so he will be getting dogs abuse from me. I've got friends who I sit with who have said they are going to clap him. So its clearly going to be a mixed bag.
He is not a generationally brilliant coach. His modus operandi is to constantly change tactics, formations and players in an effort to confuse opposition. It works some of the time. He has already been changing a lot at Chelsea and the murmurings have started. He appears to have decent man management skills and a lot of self confidence.
Genius or Emperor's New Clothes ? Time will tell.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Pretty much how I feel.
I love my club and he undermined our very stability. I need to get it out of my system next Saturday, so he will be getting dogs abuse from me. I've got friends who I sit with who have said they are going to clap him. So its clearly going to be a mixed bag.
He is not a generationally brilliant coach. His modus operandi is to constantly change tactics, formations and players in an effort to confuse opposition. It works some of the time. He has already been changing a lot at Chelsea and the murmurings have started. He appears to have decent man management skills and a lot of self confidence.
Genius or Emperor's New Clothes ? Time will tell.
Of course the murmurings have started - they haven't won all games. If Pep loses a game with City, there will also be "murmurings" - it says very little.

Anyway, can't blame people for booing the blokes that improved this team beyond recognition, emotions are what they are. However, think a healthy recommendation would be to move on and focus on things you can control.

What is most likely to make Brighton win the game - supporting De Zerbi and the boys or spending time and energy booing Potter and Bruno and the others?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here