Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you take beating Potter's Chelsea over Palace this year?

Would you take beating Chelsea and losing to Palace this season?

• Yes

• No

• Don't care about either of them

• Fence

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
No, not at all. Dont begrudge him going to Chelsea and would actually like to see him do well there. It was inevitable he would move on a some point - its a pity it was to Chelsea, but hey-ho. At the end of the day its far better that he was poached because he was doing well rather than sacked because he wasnt.

That being said it would be nice to beat Chelsea, but not if it means we lose to Palace.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Seeing as we're much more likely to be competing with Palace for league position rather than Chelsea, it's 'no' here.

And the permanent rivalry with Palace seals the deal.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Rivalry is when you die dressed in the rivals match shirt, just because you prefer one of theirs to go.

You think Boca Juniors would take a defeat vs River Plate to defeat some team that bought the manager or a few players from them?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
No chance.

I was gutted when he left, borderline devastated when Bruno joined him and am still bitter that we appear to be back where we started when potter joined(although with a vastly better squad so hopefully we won't have to wait 2.5 years to get back to where we were a few weeks ago) BUT I want to humiliate palace every time we play them. The 5-0, the play offs, their smug stupidity, the morons in black, their goal music. There is so much to dislike about them and so many wrongs to right.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
No, it’s Palace. As gutting as it was to lose Potter et all its football and it happens. Losing to Palace should never be an acceptable option for a Brighton fan.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No. Chelsea are always going to be a level above us, whereas Palace are 'downstairs' like us. Them and clubs like them will always be our level, and of course they have been our rivals for nearly 50 years. (I'm ignoring the fact that we didn't play them for about half that time due to the fact we were shit).

And, so help me, I'm even going a bit 'Swansman' inasmuch as I think, repeat think, I want Chelsea to, gulp, do well with Potter. Someone has to win the trophies and if it can't be us and I don't want Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Newcastle, Arsenal or Spurs to win them then I'm pretty much left with hoping Chelsea do it. (Or rather, hoping Potter does it).

We always knew Potter was good and would move on to bigger things. Yes I wish he'd stayed for rest of this season (and the next), yes I was very upset at the time, but we are where we are.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No. Chelsea are always going to be a level above us, whereas Palace are 'downstairs' like us. Them and clubs like them will always be our level, and of course they have been our rivals for nearly 50 years. (I'm ignoring the fact that we didn't play them for about half that time due to the fact we were shit).

And, so help me, I'm even going a bit 'Swansman' inasmuch as I think, repeat think, I want Chelsea to, gulp, do well with Potter. Someone has to win the trophies and if it can't be us and I don't want Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Newcastle, Arsenal or Spurs to win them then I'm pretty much left with hoping Chelsea do it. (Or rather, hoping Potter does it).

We always knew Potter was good and would move on to bigger things. Yes I wish he'd stayed for rest of this season (and the next), yes I was very upset at the time, but we are where we are.
At the time! You make it sound like it was eons ago. I wish I could view it that dispassionately. Still far too raw for me. Potter can do one.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
tumblr_mf0wbidlcf1qbmftbo1_400.gif

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rivalry is when you die dressed in the rivals match shirt, just because you prefer one of theirs to go.

You think Boca Juniors would take a defeat vs River Plate to defeat some team that bought the manager or a few players from them?
Once upon a time I was extremely ardent in my dislike for Palace, I have mellowed over the years. I dislike them but it's no longer an obsession and in truth I dislike Chelsea, Spurs, United, City and Newcastle more these days.

We have far more in common with Palace than any of the above

I want to see Potter lose on his return to the Amex, just for the chants he'll get. I will not be booing though.

Shoot me :shrug:

I'm not sure why I am even explaining myself to someone who is a fan of a manager and not a club either :smile:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Once upon a time I was extremely ardent in my dislike for Palace, I have mellowed over the years. I dislike them but it's no longer an obsession and in truth I dislike Chelsea, Spurs, United, City and Newcastle more these days.

We have far more in common with Palace than any of the above

I want to see Potter lose on his return to the Amex, just for the chants he'll get. I will not be booing though.

Shoot me :shrug:

I'm not sure why I am even explaining myself to someone who is a fan of a manager and not a club either :smile:
Fair enough, if you have stronger emotions against these teams than Palace then your choice is just sensible.

Think you might have to settle with a win against Palace though. GP is a tactically brilliant manager and know Brighton inside-out. I think they'll come and jog to victory tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here