Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you take beating Potter's Chelsea over Palace this year?

Would you take beating Chelsea and losing to Palace this season?

• Yes

• No

• Don't care about either of them

• Fence

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
At the time! You make it sound like it was eons ago. I wish I could view it that dispassionately. Still far too raw for me. Potter can do one.
I do understand where you're coming from and I am still a bit depressed about it all myself At the very best we will have to go through a transitional phase while RDZ gets up to speed. At the worst ..... well, it was fun while it lasted.

But hey, it's done so we have to move on. there's nothing we can do about it so I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Football is all about ups and downs.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I don't think you can really call Chelsea a "rival" unless it's mutual. As far as I know, Chelsea fans are mostly indifferent to us.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Right now I would just love for us to beat anybody, whoever it is .
It would be marvellously ironic for Chelsea to lose to us, but they would get over it . We just need a victory to restore confidence and bring in the points

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I certainly would, I am still angry about him leaving so early in the season and taking all the first team caoching staff
Did you not call Starmer 'smarmy' in a post yesterday? Christ alive, man. Get a grip! :facepalm:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yes. I’d love to rub his greedy nose in it, preferably literally.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did you not call Starmer 'smarmy' in a post yesterday? Christ alive, man. Get a grip! :facepalm:
WTF has that got to do with this thread? It wasn’t smarmy either, smug, patronising, sarcastic dick head is what I said

Anyway I have noticed that you have an annoying habit of being quite unpleasant to people who don’t share your views on most things, so maybe you need to get a grip?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Is that losing to Palace home and away ? If so then No I don't want to see a proud 90 year record crash just because of Potter.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Is that losing to Palace home and away ? If so then No I don't want to see a proud 90 year record crash just because of Potter.
No just the once is enough with a win over Chelsea at the Amex :smile:

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Beating Palace first and foremost, always.
Potter had to take his shot and give it a go. Thoroughly decent guy who deserves every success. Wish it had been with us but it wasn’t to be.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I wouldn't piss on a Chelsea fan if they were on fire. I would actually set a Palace fan on fire in the first place.

I hope that makes my position clear(y)

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Beat Chelsea. Any day of the week. Bunch of financially doped, morally bankrupt ****s, who when faced with a much better run club above them in the CL spots, "fixed" the problem by stealing their manager and coaching staff.

I would love it. Just love it... Etc

As said above, we have much more in common with Palace than Chelsea, City, Newcastle and any other club currently ruining football with their blood soaked petro dollars.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
First reaction is yes, yes I would - which surprised me a bit, but I really do begrudge him leaving - sure, go to a bigger club to advance your career, that's fine, but go before the season starts, or at the end, not after 6 games. That's just sticking two fingers up to everyone else at the club. Our great start wasn't because of Potter alone, he was just one part of the equation along with the board, the players, the recruitment team. All that had been built and was finally delivering and he leaves 6 games in. That's so disrespectful to all the other people at the club, and as much as I want a young British manager to do well, and appreciate what he did at Brighton, that sticks in the craw and I haven't got over it yet.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Beat Chelsea. Any day of the week. Bunch of financially doped, morally bankrupt *****, who when faced with a much better run club above them in the CL spots, "fixed" the problem by stealing their manager and coaching staff.
Isn’t that what we did to Swansea (except they weren’t above us)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Beat Chelsea. Any day of the week. Bunch of financially doped, morally bankrupt *****, who when faced with a much better run club above them in the CL spots, "fixed" the problem by stealing their manager and coaching staff.

I would love it. Just love it... Etc

As said above, we have much more in common with Palace than Chelsea, City, Newcastle and any other club currently ruining football with their blood soaked petro dollars.
Agree and have said it before on here, Palace are our bedfellows like it or not. The rivalry is pantomime compared to how competitive football is being destroyed in this country.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Isn’t that what we did to Swansea (except they weren’t above us)
You forget we did it at the end of a season not six games in.

If you don’t see that Potter shat on us and worse, on Bloom, who had backed him when 90% of PL chairman would have sacked him, fine but I don’t see any comparison with Swansea. Most accepted he’d go on to better things but not within 24 hours of an approach, taking the whole first team coaching squad when we were having such a good start to the season.

I imagine you’ll be giving Potter a clap when we play Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here