Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take 7th place, if offered now?

Would you take finishing 7th this season?

• Yep - decent

Votes: 458 76.8%
  • No - we can get a Champions League spot

Votes: 138 23.2%

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I’d take 12-14 if offered now.

due to bad injuries and losing two extremely influential players due to our “ yep anyone can go as long as you pay us top dollar” , league wise we are not near last season and as expected, teams have worked us out. Including the likes of Sheffield United and Burnley

if Perv and Enciso ( and fati) are really not going to be fit until February/ March, I can see us having to be really active in the market in January

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
At least we don't have to think about a thread with a similar title albeit with the number 17. Unlike the fans of a certain nearby pissant club might be.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Need to strengthen in the January window.,no excuses The money we have got from Chelsea mainly is the reason that the full back issue should be sorted.
Do you not think the club are constantly doing homework on new recruitments? It really doesn't matter if TB wins the UAE and Elon Musk in a game of cards, he won't ever do a Chelsea . . . . More to the point, just buying stuff because you have some money doesn't generally work in any walk of life.

I do agree we could do with some reinfiorcements . . . And there's always room for improvement.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Seventh? I'd take 17th!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Injuries have changed the game. We are so missing Pervis and Enciso. Give me 7th now.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I kind of felt we might be treated to a wee bit of an ‘After the Lord Mayor’s Show’ season this time around, even prior to the crippling injury scenario… in my head I felt 8th-12th, which would have been superb considering our hands were somewhat forced by the Moises saga… coupled by the inevitable loss of Alexis.

Considering that we’ve lost so many stalwarts of our best ever season, either via transfers out or injuries, and the odd emerging talent - see Julio… I’d say it’s staggering we’re in the top half at all.

That said, lose to Palace and things could soon look a little bleaker … although going down remains as remote a prospect as a quick weekend trip to Pluto.

January might well determine our final 10-15th or 7-9th position… it depends on our hunger for continued European football or whether we need to draw breath to ensure the sustainability of our model… too much success equates to too quick a turnover of talent - break into the CL then we can hope to retain more of that talent, remain Europa league bound and we’ll be stripped bare every window until we’re rocking at Spotland wondering what the f*** went wrong… ?

It’s an absolute nightmare 😂

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I’d take 12-14 if offered now.

due to bad injuries and losing two extremely influential players due to our “ yep anyone can go as long as you pay us top dollar” , league wise we are not near last season and as expected, teams have worked us out. Including the likes of Sheffield United and Burnley

if Perv and Enciso ( and fati) are really not going to be fit until February/ March, I can see us having to be really active in the market

The injuries have taken a huge toll. We’re doing pretty well on two fronts, in light of those.

To suggest that Sheffield United and Burnley ‘worked us out’ is really not true.

We were in control against Sheffield United until a tired Dahoud made a stupid tackle, and Burnley ‘worked us out’ to the extent that they allowed us 11 shots on target 🤷‍♂️

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Yeah, I will take 7th, we haven't been as good as last season.
Injuries and extra games in Europe hasn't helped our league performances, but will take this season as a good learning curve, hopefully a couple new additions in January with no outgoings to help.

Hopefully in the summer we don't lose any key players and next season we come back stronger.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The injuries have taken a huge toll. We’re doing pretty well on two fronts, in light of those.

To suggest that Sheffield United and Burnley ‘worked us out’ is really not true.

We were in control against Sheffield United until a tired Dahoud made a stupid tackle, and Burnley ‘worked us out’ to the extent that they allowed us 11 shots on target 🤷‍♂️
It’s all about opinions and yes I was there at the United fans and IMHO they sussed us early on and in the second half there was only going one winner 10 men or not

But thanks for your opinion as usual it totally is the opposite to mine

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Currently 17 points above the drop zone, think we will be OK...

Also no European football until March.

Just need to get the majority of our injured players back in January.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
No way will I ever be so defeatist as to not aim for the best. We can do better than 7th of course. Whether we will is another matter but I can’t accept being content with 7th. If that’s what we end up with though then it’s magnificent!!!

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
The sooner we get to 40-45 points the sooner we can shelve the season and put our efforts in to Europa. Hopefully that’ll be by the time the knockouts start.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm trying to be positive but can only see us finishing 9th at best, our squad depth and quality can't cope with extra games and injuries.
That's not a bad floor at all, third successive season top half, and to do it with the injuries we have, without half of last years first XI, in a development season for so many of the squad, would be a pretty decent result.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
That's not a bad floor at all, third successive season top half, and to do it with the injuries we have, without half of last years first XI, in a development season for so many of the squad, would be a pretty decent result.
It's a miracle where we are at right now and just enjoy the ride whether they be ups or downs because our club is magnificent whether we succeed or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here