Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take 7th place, if offered now?

Would you take finishing 7th this season?

• Yep - decent

Votes: 458 76.8%
  • No - we can get a Champions League spot

Votes: 138 23.2%

• Total voters

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We'll be tumbling down the table soon unless they start winning some.

A draw against the worst team in the league is not good.

August and September are a long time ago.

It could be a long, cold, lonely winter.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looks good now but if we can recover key players early next year then no reason why we can't go on a spectacular run to the finish

If we can just get all our stars back, we’ll have a chance of making European football next season.

IMG_1014.png

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
We'll be tumbling down the table soon unless they start winning some.

A draw against the worst team in the league is not good.

August and September are a long time ago.

It could be a long, cold, lonely winter.
That reminds me - I'm looking forward to seeing the Bootleg Beatles for the first time, in a few weeks.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
There are only three teams that will definitely finish above us - Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool. There are still two Champions League spots after that and we're in a fight with Newcastle, Aston Villa, Man United and Spurs for those. Finishing in the top two of those five is clearly difficult, but not impossible when we have the best manager in the division. So to answer the question, I probably wouldn't take it at this stage as this could be the best chance we'll ever have to make the Champions League and I really think we can do it.
We will not finish above Villa and Spurs…..and maybe even Chelsea

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
It's quite obvious that with our (lack of) resources, we cannot play European football on a Thursday, and beat a mediocre premier league team on a Sunday. 7th would be a massive achievement for little ol' Brighton.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's quite obvious that with our (lack of) resources, we cannot play European football on a Thursday, and beat a mediocre premier league team on a Sunday. 4th would be a massive achievement for little ol' Brighton.

🤣

The 8 or 9 huge spenders, where needed got rid of rubbish coaches. If we make Europe next May, that alone would be an amazing achievement.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We will not finish above Villa and Spurs…..and maybe even Chelsea
💯

Of the teams that finished above us last season, all have improved except maybe Man U.

Below us and Villa, Spurs and Chelsea, all bigger clubs with bigger resources have also improved considerably.

We've lost 2 key players of team that finished 6th, and whilst we've added some good prospects, I think thus far, our squad to that that ended last season, isn't quite at the same level.

We're missing Enciso at the same time as Solly out and Mitoma gone off the boil slightly. Thank goodness we've got Adingra. Gonna be a problem once he's off to AFCON

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
City, are definitely better than us..
Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal have better squads than us and are performing
United, Chelsea have better squads than us but aren't performing strongly.

The other main contenders (Newcastle, Villa, West Ham, Brentford) are not better than us.
I would expect to come top of our mini league and also expect to finish above United this season.
Hopefully better than Chelsea too.

So 5th - 7th feels like par for me.
grasping for 7th out of desperation, just doesn't feel right to me.... yet.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Don't see us securing a Champions League position in the PL this time even if it goes to 5th. We're in transition, others with far greater resources have sorted themselves out and not everyone has European football to contend with. I'll settle for 7th AND qualifying for Champions League football by winning the Europa League. That wouldn't be a bad season :LOL:

Realistically, top half would be good and a run to the final 8 of the Europa League minimum or a real good crack at winning the Europa Conference if we drop into that. Whatever happens, we'll still be able to beat anyone on our day - and in style - so it's all good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here