Votes: 44 20.8%
  • Adam

Votes: 168 79.2%

• Total voters

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
El Abd.

Dunk can push on to bigger and better but has made a good few silly mistakes this pre season and has the case hanging over him.

El Abd was class last year

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
El Abd every day. Our form turned around completely in January last season as soon as The Bomber was back from injury.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
El Abd.

Dunk almost seems distracted at the moment, and we need focus.

Albion4Ev3R

Aug 23, 2010
Hove
Send dunk on loan to a few clubs get some experiance in lower leagues because his in experiance is a massive liability at the moment Adam El-Abd For this season me thinks, but I looks like Gus is sticking with dunk could cost us the league if we do as well as everyone's predicting.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
No brainer El Bad all day long, Dunk is still making too many unforced errors he will be a very good player in a couple of years though,all going well.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
El Abd just keeps getting better an better each season and is now a much needed physical presence in the centre of our defence.

I would play El Abd in the league and use the cups and any injury/ suspension cover to further dunks development

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
El-Abd, although as stated earlier it looks like Gus is going to give Dunk a try. Dunk will definitely cost us more goals in the short term.

I think Dunk will go on to be the better player, but that right at this moment El-Abd is comfortably the more reliable and solid player.

Yeah, that sums it up pretty well.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
El-Abd. Dunk isn't bad, not at all, but he's still learning and has a habit of making mistakes or over-committing to challenges which may well cost us. Would like Dunk to get a look in in some games though, he needs the experience to continue to improve.

Also El-Abd winds up opposition strikers like no-one else, I very much doubt Dunk will ever get the hang of that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dunk has too many BRAIN FARTS for my liking which costs us (such as Chelseas goal) so AEA everytime

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
No question about it El Abd is far better than Dunk in every function that he performs. Tackling, Heading Ball Control, Passing positional play and anticipation every single aspect of his game is better Dunk may be his equal one day but at the moment he isn't in the same street and I expect Gus to go with El Abd when the serious stuff starts.

Agree with your thoughts on their abilities, but surely Gus would be playing Adam if that were the case?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Dunk progressed more in 1 season than Adam did in 10. I think Dunk will only be with us 1 more season so I think we should make the most of him. Adam will have a key role this season and this is no reflection on him as he has been stellar in the last few seasons and will probably be here long after Dunk!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My heart says Kebab , but the head says Dunky. Size at the back does mean a lot in this league.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Dunk, he's made a few mistakes (what defender hasn't at his age?) but I see him as being a better defender than El-Abd who, for me, is too much like a bull in a china shop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here