Votes: 22 7.1%
  • No thanks

Votes: 289 92.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he could be got on loan for this season with us just paying his wages and no fee then I see no reason not to. Wouldnt pay the fee being asked for him though unless it was dropped to about £2m

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
You missed one of the biggest 'cons', and that'd be his transfer fee and wages! 12M price tag makes this a non-starter. I wouldn't want him regardless.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
You accidentally did. Saying "would increase our chances of promotion" is an opinion which is not set in stone, so it's not a simple 'pro'.

Fair do's

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Isn't it just LOVELY at the moment to have an Albion squad, seemingly without any TOOLS.

Why would you sign one?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Before his Villa stint his record in the Championship is 116 goals in 307 games. That's a pretty good strike rate, especially when you consider the crap he's been playing for. He's not useless, but I wouldn't necessarily want him here.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Clearly Villa will sell for £12m. Bloom undoubtably has the financial clout to cover the fee and wages.

Pro's;

Has a strike rate of better than 1 in 3 at championship level, with over 100 goals scored in the last 4 seasons.
Exactly the type of striker we need (in terms of playing style)
Would strengthen the striking options and would increase our chances of promotion to the Premier League. (Worth approx £200m to the club)

Cons:

Scoring rate has not been up to his usual standard this season
Dodgy fitness levels
Even dodgier attitude
Could be a disrupting influence

What do you think NSC?

I wouldn't even consider signing him. He'll go to one of the clubs who have too many strikers already like Wednesday or Derby.

I would debate one of your pros there. When you say he is exactly the type of striker we need, you are missing one of Baldock's key attributes for us. His work rate is amazing and he pressurises defences. Can you see McCormack doing that. He's basically a goal scorer, and we have one of those in Murray. We need someone to play off. McCormack is not the answer.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
NEVER!!!

He is a Billy Big Bollox with a crap attitude. We don't need that primadonna flouncing around our harmonious dressing room thank you.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Bit of a landslide so far. Wonder how fast opinions might change if Chris ends up being interested:lolol:

Good point. If CH thinks he can be turned into a team player then so be it. I would be shouting for him as I would any other Albion player. Can't see it happening though. He's moody, Scottish, tubby, and looks like he's carrying a few too many bags of Mcains on his shoulder, could be too much baggage/work in progress, even for our Messiah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here