Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst TV "comedy" ever?

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
Without wanting to sound like a scratched record.....

1. Mrs Browns Boys
2. Miranda
3. Still Open All Hours

I'm sure I would hate Citizen Khan if I hadn't decided from a 5 second advert that it appeared to be about as amusing as applying creosote to my garden fence.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The only programme that's made me want to kick the TV. I do apologise if that's upset a few but I think Mrs Brown's boys is hilarious. Some on here don't and that's what it's all about.

You do not like Royle family but find MBB hilarious? I can only assume you also like fancy dress parties, comedy ties and whacky socks.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Micheal McIntyre is the most annoying person going for me. The silly voice, stupid laugh and everything about the way he looks and moves just makes me turn straight over. No idea if his 'comedy' is any good or not as I've never been able to move beyond wanting to punch him for no good reason other than as stated above .

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Miranda, watched one episode with the wife and thought it was a load of crap.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What was the name of that sitcom Johnny Vaughan was in? I think it was called 'orrible. It was TERRIBLE of course.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That 'comedy' with the two old queens in it, has been on in recent years, no idea what it's called, another one on the sink and destroy list.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Agree with a lot of selections in this thread. The ones that spring to mind are.

Taxi- Dani De Vito went on to much better things.
Anything with Dawn French in, as well as Jennifer Saunders.
The Office. This isn't comedy, people who laugh at the character when the normal reaction would be to cringe are people with IQ and social skills way below their self assessment level of these traits in themselves.

Generally speaking UK comedy was superior in 70s and 80s while US comedy was cack, since then things have gone into reverse. There are exceptions of course .

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The Office. This isn't comedy, people who laugh at the character when the normal reaction would be to cringe are people with IQ and social skills way below their self assessment level of these traits in themselves.

Surely that's the whole idea isn't it? Basil Fawlty? Ali G? To name but two characters.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I can understand people not liking The Office, and it can be cringeworthy, but your reasoning is nonsense. It's very well observed and the humour is in the fact that we know the traits in the characters. I'd say the opposite is true, people with a low IQ wouldn't get it.

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm glad to say I have NSC to thank for never having watched Citizen Khan. The universally bad reception it got in these parts was all the warning I needed.

Wish I could say the same about Mrs Brown's Boys. Those haunting three minutes will stay with me forever.

My immediate reaction was Citizen Khan. Utter, utter dreck, but ticks all the "inclusive" PC boxes the BBC love, so it'll keep getting commissioned regardless of the fact its about as funny as a brain tumour.
No it doesn't tick any "PC boxes".

It's racist. Just like Love Thy Neighbour was racist.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Mrs.Brown's Boys!! - I would rather eat my own excrement.

And from the past, and hopefully never, ever to return : On The Buses and Some Mothers Do Have Them.

:sick: :shit: :sick: :shit: :eek:
Could be wrong (?) but i was lead to believe that Micheal Crawford did his own stunts ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here