Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst European Country

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Worked in both Dublin and Glasgow in the past two years, never had a problem in either. Both very friendly and hospitable. Dublin is a great place and Glasgow isn't bad either. No real issues with the Welsh as there's good and bad in all races, the same goes for the french. I'm not that keen on Germany having worked there mainly because the Germans always seem to be arrogant. However the country I like least is Spain. It's too hot, too dirty, full of lazy Spaniards and worst of all, full of drunken British chavs.

I was stationed at St. Athan near Cardiff for a while in the forces and had no probs with the people of South Wales, my drving instructor was called Richie Burton and like his more famous name sake was a Jack. He used to make me laugh by spitting at Ninian Park every time we went past it.
I did hear that the Northern Welsh were a different kettle of fish altogether though.

Like the spitting bit, I do the same when I drive past the place :wink:

St Athan is a nice place, but you cant beat the Gower peninsular or Pembroke for scenery.

It was a tongue in cheek jab at Cardiff people from me - most of them are alright except the ones walking about in blue shirts :guns::wozza::thumbsup:

The Gogs of North Wales are a bit more anti-English. They get awfully upset when you buy a holiday cottage :tantrum:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Like the spitting bit, I do the same when I drive past the place :wink:

St Athan is a nice place, but you cant beat the Gower peninsular or Pembroke for scenery.

It was a tongue in cheek jab at Cardiff people from me - most of them are alright except the ones walking about in blue shirts :guns::wozza::thumbsup:

The Gogs of North Wales are a bit more anti-English. They get awfully upset when you buy a holiday cottage :tantrum:

yeah, come home to a real fire tonight!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

With you totally on Pembrokeshire, it is a truly stunning place to visit, just a pity it is so far away...go there fairly regularly and never tire of the place or the friendly welcome, it has to be said that when you hear people speaking it is either in Welsh or with an accent not far removed from the South East of England...must be where it got its nickname "little England" from.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
However the country I like least is Spain. It's too hot, too dirty, full of lazy Spaniards and worst of all, full of drunken British chavs.

..and dont forget the leather skinned British ex-pat community.

sashnash

Seagull in East London
Feb 26, 2009
Worst country in Europe? Easy! England! Without a shadow of a doubt. We're predominantley unfriendly, arrogant, lazy, have shit food, worse weather, live in a racist country that insists it is open minded and have a generation of kids growing that don't respect anything or anyone. Our politicians are completely lacklustre, don't listen to it's people with no glimmer of hope on the horizon as there is almost no young people becomming involved (I'm tired of voting for pensioners to run this f***ing country). We laugh and mock America but then imitate them with our ridiculous "celebrity culture" and lust for fast food among other things. Our country is overpopulated, has no identity, and really has no real place in modern Europe apart from clinging to blood stained former glories....

Plus England has now soul, everyone is too busy and in the rat race 24 hours a day. No one seems to find time to enjoy simple pleasures anymore!

Rant over!

As you may have gathered, I'm not very pro England but won't leave until I see Falmer built :) :albion2:

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Would agree with some of that, but this week we saw a young woman still in her 20's elected as an MP to represent Norwich North...OK, there was an appallingly low turnout, the Labour voters stayed at home and she actually polled less votes than their candidate at the last election...but that isn't really my point...it is just refreshing to see someone lower the average age of our Parliamentarians!

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Worst country in Europe? Easy! England! Without a shadow of a doubt. We're predominantley unfriendly, arrogant, lazy, have shit food, worse weather, live in a racist country that insists it is open minded and have a generation of kids growing that don't respect anything or anyone. Our politicians are completely lacklustre, don't listen to it's people with no glimmer of hope on the horizon as there is almost no young people becomming involved (I'm tired of voting for pensioners to run this f***ing country). We laugh and mock America but then imitate them with our ridiculous "celebrity culture" and lust for fast food among other things. Our country is overpopulated, has no identity, and really has no real place in modern Europe apart from clinging to blood stained former glories....

Plus England has now soul, everyone is too busy and in the rat race 24 hours a day. No one seems to find time to enjoy simple pleasures anymore!

Rant over!

As you may have gathered, I'm not very pro England but won't leave until I see Falmer built :) :albion2:

Not forgetting that most people in England seem to be incapable of writing the language these days.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The Lunatics are trying to take over the asylum

How anybody can live in England & say it's shite & full of tosspots must be a loony that hasn't been sectioned yet cos there's no room in the Bin.We live in the most beautiful countryside in the world-our country has produced most of the advances in civilisation since the Romans-our Servicemen are happy protecting all of us,even cretins,from all the threats around us-we are so racist,we allow muslim fanatics to live here protected by our laws-we actually elect people to govern us in a transparent manner & don't kill everybody that objects to the result-our food,from roast beef,kebabs,baltis,cantonese,to sushi is unmatched by anybody,so IMO anybody who disagrees with this should FO& DH (die horribly):mad:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
How anybody can live in England & say it's shite & full of tosspots must be a loony that hasn't been sectioned yet cos there's no room in the Bin.We live in the most beautiful countryside in the world-our country has produced most of the advances in civilisation since the Romans-our Servicemen are happy protecting all of us,even cretins,from all the threats around us-we are so racist,we allow muslim fanatics to live here protected by our laws-we actually elect people to govern us in a transparent manner & don't kill everybody that objects to the result-our food,from roast beef,kebabs,baltis,cantonese,to sushi is unmatched by anybody,so IMO anybody who disagrees with this should FO& DH (die horribly):mad:
1/10

good troll until you gave it away with the food.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I spent a day in San Marino once, and it rained continously.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
It's got to be Germany. Nothing wrong with Germans, lovely people who lead a quiet, civilised life and try to make the world a better place. But...

Name a single German city you're desperate to go and visit.....

Name a single German landmark that's famous the world over...

Name a single German celebrity (who'd be recognised roudn the world)......

Name a single German modern author, writer or artist who lights up the planet....

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Name a single German city you're desperate to go and visit.....

Berlin, for music reasons

Name a single German landmark that's famous the world over...

The Nurburgring Nordschleife.

Name a single German celebrity (who'd be recognised roudn the world)......

Marlene Dietrich?

Name a single German modern author, writer or artist who lights up the planet....

Many electronic musicians.

Generally its Belgium that people do this for!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here