Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Albion signing EVER

May 2, 2010
sadly there cant be a club such as ourselves who've signed more shite players like

Langley
Aylott
Lacey
Chris Jones
Pennyfather
Stan Cummings
Brian Bason
it's a huge list

NN12 Seagull

Jan 3, 2010
Teddy Maybank lot of money for very average player from what I can remember. Happy to be corrected by those older Albion fans

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I agree he was by no means the worst player to play for Brighton, I quite liked him. I was going on worst SIGNING. But 6 apperances, it equated to almost £21,000 per game in fees, and that doesnt include a few months wages we paid him too.

So in my opinion, thats a pretty shocking signing.

As I said earlier in the thread, Dickinson for £300,000 was pretty bad value too

When you put it like that....as a worst signing......for the cash paid I can see it. £21K per game, we wonder why some managers should not be given money to spend!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Teddy Maybank lot of money for very average player from what I can remember. Happy to be corrected by those older Albion fans

No, fair comment, Mullery bought him to help bail out his old club Fulham who were in danger of going bust. Whilst not a great signing he was by no means the works, even the worst by Mullery.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Graham Barrett. Thread Closed.

sammy g

He may not be the worst footballer to wear the stripes, although must be close to it, Glen Thomas will have a place in my heart during the bad old days. I remember turning up to Brentford about ten minutes into the game. First piece of action was Thomas sliding the ball acutely past Ormerod (I think it was him in goal). I seemed to see him in everyone of his few piss poor performances. Mind you Cameron the squaddy who Adams persuaded to buy himself out of the Army was not much cop either.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Even as possibly not Barry Lloyds biggest fan I have to defend the great man here, he never said anything of the kind publicy or privately.

Brian Bedson (then Albion chairman) and co basically told Baz Saunders could not play in certain games because of his contract demands, ie appearence money, nothng to do with footballing ability.

As for worst ever Albion signings, going back Micky Thomas and Fash the bash takes some beating, as does the betamax Argie, but Davies is probably the pick of recent years.

He wasn't Fash the bash, that was his bruvver. Just think if he hadn't topped himself, he'd have probably been back in Brighton today...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Graham Barrett. Thread Closed.

hmmmmmmmmm he was a "not as good as we'll thought he'd be" , rather then a worst

plus NOWHERE near the worst loanee

even in recent years I think Petterson , Hoyte , Richards , Savage , Heath etc..... where MUCH Worse

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
It has got to be GLEN THOMAS.

Remember Adams signing him for a few quid.

He started off his Albion career injured, then I vaguely remember him making his debut away at Brentford (his old club) and scoring an own goal and conceding a pen or something.

He played a couple more games, I'm sure scoring another OG and being at fault for at least one goal, then I never saw him play professional football agian.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
bertie lutton

Dale Jasper?
Bertie Lutton?

Where do people get the idea he was a bad player. He didnt play for us long because West Ham snapped him up quickly after we signed him from Wolves. He was a Northern Ireland international. I always thought he was pretty good.

Dale Jasper on the other hand I thought was useless.

Also, someone listed Alan Young as being useless. Wasnt the forward partnership between Young and Terry Connor one of the best we`ve ever had?

The Tassie Seagull

Dave Clarkson's Left Sock
He may not be the worst footballer to wear the stripes, although must be close to it, Glen Thomas will have a place in my heart during the bad old days. I remember turning up to Brentford about ten minutes into the game. First piece of action was Thomas sliding the ball acutely past Ormerod (I think it was him in goal). I seemed to see him in everyone of his few piss poor performances. Mind you Cameron the squaddy who Adams persuaded to buy himself out of the Army was not much cop either.

Wasn't much good in training either - just got this form his wiki page:

Thomas remained with the "Gills" until the end of the 1997–98 season, but played only 30 matches,[4] his opportunities being restricted by a succession of injuries.[1] One such injury occurred in November 1996 as the team were training for an upcoming Football League Cup match against Ipswich Town of the First Division. Thomas jumped for the ball but lost his balance and stumbled into a nearby tree. A branch hit him in the face and he was taken to hospital where he required surgery to save his sight.
:eek::eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here