Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***World's Hardest Creature VIII NOMINATIONS***

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
What does it kill?

Do you need to be explained what "hard" means?

They've been caught on film eating great whites (among other sharks), and given that great whites themselves have been seconded it seems only fair to have something that takes them out on the list.

Aug 23, 2011
6. The hardest, most deadly creature on the planet is the mosquito. Despite measuring no more than 0.6 of an inch, the irritable beasts kill on average two million people a year.

I dispute that the mosquito actually kills, like the tsetse fly, it unintentionally infects you with a parasite which kills you which is different to venom. Not hard, case closed.

Aug 23, 2011
5. Each year 50,000 people are killed by snake bites. The majority of these fatal bites come from cobras, specifically the King Cobra.
Widespread throughout forest regions of south east Asia and India, the King Cobra is the world’s most venomous snake.

The black mamba is much more aggressive therefore harder. Just being venomous doesn't make it hard on its own. If you want a cobra, i'd go for the spitting cobra as it spits venom in your eye just because it can......

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Bull Elephant
Hippo
Salt Water Crocodile
Tardigrade
Honey Badger

These should progress. Definitely

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Australian Saltwater Crocodile:

The saltwater crocodile (Crocodylus porosus), also known as saltie, estuarine or Indo-Pacific crocodile, is the largest of all living reptiles, as well as the largest terrestrial and riparian predator in the world. The males of this species can reach sizes of up to 6.7 m (22 ft) and weigh as much as 2,000 kg (4,400 lb).
However, an adult male saltwater crocodile is generally between 4.3 and 5.2 m (14 and 17 ft) in length and weighs 400–1,000 kg (880–2,200 lb), rarely growing larger. Females are much smaller and often do not surpass 3 m (9.8 ft). As its name implies, this crocodile can live in salt water, but usually resides in mangrove swamps, estuaries, deltas, lagoons, and lower stretches of rivers. They have the broadest distribution of any modern crocodile, ranging from the eastern coast of India, throughout most of Southeast Asia, stretching south to northern Australia, and historically ranging as far west as just beyond the eastern coast of Africa and as far east as waters off the coast of Japan.

The saltwater crocodile is a formidable and opportunistic hypercarnivorous "apex" ambush predator capable of taking almost any animal that enters its territory, including fish, crustaceans, reptiles, birds and mammals, including other predators.

saltwater-croc-dt-431x300.jpg 220px-Crocodylus_porosus_feeding_frenzy_by_Gregg_Yan_01.jpg

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The salt water croc

The world’s largest reptile also carries the most ferocious disposition. Saltwater Crocodiles reach lengths of over seven meters (23 ft) and may weigh up to 2,000 kg (4,400 lbs). Possessing immense jaws capable of the world’s most powerful bite, the full grown “Saltie” is not only the most physically capable killer among reptiles, but is considered the most aggressive, actively predatory and territorial crocodilian species. This super-reptile tends to view human prey as a simple meal, and they will rather casually consume humans on sight. Salt Water Crocodiles may also destroy boats and kill human and large animal intruders during territorial defense.

Very much this.

#teamcroc

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If being agressive towards larger creatures that actually have little interest in you other than as a curiousity just like a Honey Badger does, then i will nominate the Chiwawa.

If not already nominated then i will nominate the Black Mamba

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The Orca. Apex hunter, hunts Great White's for sh*ts and giggles, tactically sound and just an all round beast.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As has been said before, give any of the aforementioned a bag of chips and I know who'd come out on top!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can't check the whole thread but I nominate and/or second Giraffe and human please.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The Bengal tiger

The Bengal tiger beats the African lion hands down when it comes to who’s the hardest. Tigers kill humans because they like to be alone, so invade one’s space and he may well end up having you for dinner. In Sundarbans National Park in Bengal, Bengal tigers kill around 30 people a year.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The Hippopotamus. An angry Hippo is not something you ever want to come across! I got charged by one when white water rafting in Kenya many years ago and shit my pants! I did actually shit myself as I had a bad case of the African trots!

They kill plenty of people each year and its quite rare for any predators to ever bring one down.

image.jpg

Last edited:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Just in case of pedantry deployment I shall make sure the Honey Badger gets at least a nomination (should get an automatic seed in my opinion) and can do little better than repeat my previous rant on that upstart shrimp.

"Honey Badgers survive 300 bee stings, sleep off venomous snake bites, break in to lion enclosures to pick fights, can handle four hyenas at a time, see off rhinos by biting their balls, break into locked rooms and out of triple locked enclosures."

and they are about the size of a small cocker spaniel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here