Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***World's Hardest Creature VIII NOMINATIONS***

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Right, it's January and that means one thing and one thing only: it's time for the World's Hardest Creature competition. 2015 sees the eighth edition of this glorious battle of nature's finest beasts.

Here is a rundown on how the previous seven finals have played out(winners in bold).

2014: Mantis Shrimp vs Honey Badger
2013: Polar Bear vs Crocodile
2012: Black Mamba vs Orca
2011: Orca vs Honey Badger
2010: Hippo vs Honey Badger
2008/9: Polar Bear vs Crocodile
2007: Polar Bear vs Crocodile

The nomination rules are much the same as always. For a creature to qualify for the group stages he needs to be nominated and seconded. However, to hopefully avoid people randomly nominating animals that they have no intention of backing, if said beast garners no votes in the group stage the people who nominated and seconded that animal will have their nominating and seconding powers taken away from them for WHC IX(next years WHC). If you nominte or second an animal you need to be prepared to back it. At the very least during the competition put forward a defense of its hardness qualities.

Talking of which, lets go over hardness qualities. No one thing can alone define hardness. Attitude, strength, hardiness/ability to withstand a battering, adaptability, arsenal of weapons are all important facets of hardness.

Finally, the Polar Bear remains in retirement. The three times he's been in the competition he's walked away with the trophy. The four years he hasn't been in it we've had four different victors. The Polar will remain in retirement until the WHC tenth year anniversary extravaganza.

Let's get nominating!
You absolutely CANNOT EXCLUDE the Polar Bear which has been CHEATED out of its rightful place of honour too often.

My nominations

Polar Bear
Honey Badger
Shrimp thingy

All mega-hard-plus-*******s - see previous years threads

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I see no-one has nominated the Puff Adder.

About the only snake that will not always slither away when approached. Kills more people in Africa than any other snake because of this. They are the snake equivalent of the dodgy bloke in the pub who blocks your way and refuses to move. ie Hard.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
#teamshark Campaign is well underway. No Aussie summer is complete without the GWS terrorising the country's beaches. Check out the story below people. The dolphin may have brains but the GWS owned it - I'm hoping for a chewed up Orca next to put pay to the myth killer whales are harder than sharks, Orcas swim about mod handed like a bunch of p***y hoolies, the GWS works alone. One on one - GWS wins!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...rk-attacks-teenager-off-Australian-beach.html

#teamshark

Silent Watcher

Jan 17, 2015
Czech Republic
After more than 10 years of reading the antics on NSC, I've been forced to register, login and post in order to speak out and second the Polar Bear.

How can a the Polar Bear retire from Hardness? A few weeks ago I was at the zoo and the 2 polar bears there didn't look very retired to me, in fact they looked well up for it!

Not including the Polar Bear in the World's Hardest Creature competition is like having a 100 metre race and turning around to Usain Bolt and saying "sorry mate, you can't enter as you're bound to win"

So please either allow the Polar Bear to compete fairly or change the name of this to 'World's 2nd Hardest Creature as we all know that the Polar Bear is the hardest'

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
#teamshark Campaign is well underway. No Aussie summer is complete without the GWS terrorising the country's beaches. Check out the story below people. The dolphin may have brains but the GWS owned it - I'm hoping for a chewed up Orca next to put pay to the myth killer whales are harder than sharks, Orcas swim about mod handed like a bunch of p***y hoolies, the GWS works alone. One on one - GWS wins!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...rk-attacks-teenager-off-Australian-beach.html

#teamshark

But the dolphin was attacked by a Tiger Shark according to that article. The Great White is just 'hanging around' looking hard, but doing nothing. Classic flat track bully the Great white.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
After more than 10 years of reading the antics on NSC, I've been forced to register, login and post in order to speak out and second the Polar Bear.

How can a the Polar Bear retire from Hardness? A few weeks ago I was at the zoo and the 2 polar bears there didn't look very retired to me, in fact they looked well up for it!

Not including the Polar Bear in the World's Hardest Creature competition is like having a 100 metre race and turning around to Usain Bolt and saying "sorry mate, you can't enter as you're bound to win"

So please either allow the Polar Bear to compete fairly or change the name of this to 'World's 2nd Hardest Creature as we all know that the Polar Bear is the hardest'

Maybe World's Hardest Creature will end up having a breakaway group like the darts. The Polar Bear can be their Phil 'The Power' Taylor. The question is would perennial runner-up Honey Badger go with the breakaway or stay with the drastically weakened original format and hoover up the titles?

Anyhow after lurking on previous WHC threads I shall be returning on this one to support the Honey Badger to deserved glory. Just as Grizzly Bears are hard but don't stack up against a polar bear I invite you all to consider the European Badger. How Hard is a European Badger? Well he's easily the hardest creature in The Wind in The Willows, and that's proper respected hardness not just the ball's out violent nutter hardness so many are lauding. Badger doesn't do cock-waving, he doesn't start any trouble and keeps his own counsel, but step too far out of line on his manor and you're bang in trouble. Badger can survive being hit by a train, Badger gets hunted for months by government assassins and is still going strong, Badger manages all of this with TB.

Ok talked myself into it. I nominate The European Badger. Honey Badger will probably scare him off though.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Imagine this fight if the size difference was reversed. Do you think a seven foot seagull would let a teddy bear escape?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ancied-snacking-seagull-ends-biting-chew.html

You're a big bear, but you're in bad shape. With seagulls it's a full time job. Now behave yourself. Goodnight Mrs Polar Bear.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
***UPDATE***

Already Qualified

Tardigrade
Mosquito
Cassowary
Honeybadger
Great White Shark
Cape Buffalo
Australian Box Jelly Fish
Bull Shark
Mantis Shrimp
Humans
Hippo
Salt Water Croc
Orca
Poison Dart Frog
Elephant
Black Mamba
Seagull
Deathstalker Scorpion
Bobbit Worm
Grasshopper Mouse
Shrew
Bengal Tiger
Japanese Giant Hornet
Barnacle Goose
Wolverine
Goat
Tasmanian Devil
Mongoose
Immortal Jellyfish
Colossal Squid
Crown of thorns starfish
Stonefish
Blue Ringed Octopus
Cockroach
Giraffe
Tabby Cat
Hawaiian centipede
Lion
Komodo Dragon
Grizzly Bear

Needs Seconding

Jumping Jack Ant
Mink
Bombadier Beetle
Brazilian Wandering Spider
Tarantula Hawk Wasp
King Cobra
Bengal Tiger
Wild Stoat
Naked Mole rat
Asian Black Bear
Cone Snail
Drop Bear
Frilled Shark
Lungfish
Rhino
Bullet Ant
Jerboa
Puff Adder
European Badger

This is the last call for nominations. There are still 19 beasts still waiting to be seconded. Some of them will be decent additions to the tournament so have a look and see if there's any that can earn your backing.

The groups will be drawn in a couple of hours, so it's now or never for WHC VIII nominations.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Right...

NOMINATIONS CLOSED

The groups are in the process of being drawn. There will be four groups, three with 11 combatants and one with 10 competitors. The top four from each group will progress to the second round. From the second round onwards it'll be a straight head to head knock out. Voting for each contest will last 48 hours. Please think carefully about who you are going to vote for, particularly in the group stage as you will only have one vote. If you nominated or seconded an animal, please put up a defense of its credentials. A good promotional campaign can see a creature go deep into the competition or even all the way to the winners enclosure.

Groups A and B will be posted tomorrow. Groups C and D will be on Wednesday or Thursday. Week two will see round two and the quarter finals. Week three will be the semis and the grand final.

Have a great WHC VIII....

Let's Get READY TO RRRUUUMMMMBBBBBLLLLLEEEE!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here