Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

world cup final: what channel?

what channel will you be watching it on?

• BBC

Votes: 236 97.9%
  • ITV

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Probably channel hop.
Tyldsley is so bad its becoming strangely must watch.
The rubbish that comes out of his mouth is unbelievable and I want to hear his opening gambit at the kick off he is probably thinking up an absolute pearler.
Last nights curtain raiser was "tonight is all about Messi and Robben"
Townsend replies" no it isn't".
I have to say that I do not and never have liked Lineker.Every now and again he drops in a totally unnecessary and cutting sarcastic remark for no other reason than to make the person look stupid. I have met him several times away from the camera and a punch in the eye is what he needs.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
BBC, they're the best of a bad bunch. Can't stand the ITV bunch of dickwads, however Robbie Savage clearly has dirt on the head of BBC Sport, I have no idea what he actually does!!!!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Beeb every time. Even if the punditry was equally annoying on either side I'd still go for the Beeb just to be free of the hugely annoying theme tune, buffers and adverts.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Beeb every time. Even if the punditry was equally annoying on either side I'd still go for the Beeb just to be free of the hugely annoying theme tune, buffers and adverts.

Indeed - Danny Mills, Rio Ferdinand, Phil Neville, Danny Murphy - all dreadful/dull and employed off the back of the success of Gary Neville at Sky. His excellence has a lot to answer for!! Have to say I don't actually mind Savage - at least he is brainlessly funny at times.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I wonder how many threads there are like this on other message boards. I have never met anyone who has anything but contempt for Tyldesley and Townsend, but they have the top jobs at ITV, and so are paid to watch, and comment on, the biggest games in World Football.

They are truly living the dream.

Why? Are the bigwigs at ITV entirely ignorant of how their coverage is thought of? Have they not listened to the drivel that these two provide us with, and thought: "we can do better than that."?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Indeed - Danny Mills, Rio Ferdinand, Phil Neville, Danny Murphy - all dreadful/dull and employed off the back of the success of Gary Neville at Sky. His excellence has a lot to answer for!! Have to say I don't actually mind Savage - at least he is brainlessly funny at times.

I'd agree with nearly all of that, but I thought Danny Murphy was very good - which surprised me somewhat.

And Savage. You didn't mention Savage. Surely he has been employed as some sort of joke?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I'd agree with nearly all of that, but I thought Danny Murphy was very good - which surprised me somewhat.

And Savage. You didn't mention Savage. Surely he has been employed as some sort of joke?

Danny Murphy makes me want to slit my wrists when he's on co-commentary. So dull.

I did mention Roberto De Savage in my last sentance.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
That was you wasn't it . . .

Not guilty your honour, I despise ITV football coverage every bit as much as the next man. Although I can't say as I am overly enthused by BBC's either.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I wonder how many threads there are like this on other message boards. I have never met anyone who has anything but contempt for Tyldesley and Townsend, but they have the top jobs at ITV, and so are paid to watch, and comment on, the biggest games in World Football.

They are truly living the dream.

Why? Are the bigwigs at ITV entirely ignorant of how their coverage is thought of? Have they not listened to the drivel that these two provide us with, and thought: "we can do better than that."?

I think because it is such a rare occurrence for a match to be simultaneously live on both ITV and BBC, that it must be that the bigwigs at ITV simply don't care how bad their coverage is.

When ITV have exclusive coverage of a game, the average fan will watch it irrespective of how bad the punditry etc is.

Therefore: viewing figures fine = advertisers will pay = ITV make money

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
BBC every time. No adverts, no Clive/Andy and no Adrian Chiles.

For an added bonus I'll hit the red button and have 5live commentary too.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Without looking at the poll results I thought "This'll be close", voted for the Beeb, making it 146 - 3.

This could explain why I'm always near the bottom of the predictions league, and never gamble.

Also I'm a bit daft.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I tried that red button malarky for the 5-Live commentary the other night, but unless I'm doing it wrong, it meant I couldn't watch it in HD.

And I'm sorry, but I'm just not having that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For an added bonus I'll hit the red button and have 5live commentary too.

I tried that red button malarky for the 5-Live commentary the other night, but unless I'm doing it wrong, it meant I couldn't watch it in HD.

Why in the name of all that is holy, would ANYONE go out of their way to swap perfectly adequate TV commentary, for the horrific self important whining of Alan Green?

Amazing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why in the name of all that is holy, would ANYONE go out of their way to swap perfectly adequate TV commentary, for the horrific self important whining of Alan Green?

Amazing.

It was more a case of idly trying it out. Just out of mild interest during a dull phase of play between Russia and South Korea I think.

I couldn't stick it though. Not only did it go into SD, but I couldn't pause it either. It was like going back to 1991.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here