Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

world cup final: what channel?

what channel will you be watching it on?

• BBC

Votes: 236 97.9%
  • ITV

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It'd be interesting to know how much ITV are charging for advertising during their World Cup Final coverage. Prime-time Sunday evening viewing for a World Cup Final would be top dollar you'd think. But the fact that its also on the BBC obviously means that their audience will be miniscule by comparison, being as only somebody very odd indeed would choose to watch it on ITV. Even if some weirdo's actually WANTED to listen to the excruciating Tyldsley/Townsend combo for the game, shirley at half time they'd still be flicking over to the BBC for Hansons halftime swansong, rather than watching another frigging Fosters ad and putting up with that bloody aggravating "brraaaaaseeeeeel, braaaasseeeeel" for any longer than absolutely necessary.

If I was an advertiser, I wouldn't be wasting my money trying to flog my wares during this game. Although I guess they pay for their airtime over the tournament as a whole.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'll be flipping over during the advert breaks to have Ray Winstone tell me how to lose money in a gruff, nefarious way, but then back to the beeb. Sad, in a way though, that i have to choose to watch squinty Shearer beating the clown dunce Robbie Savage in a footballing debate to consider my viewings high-brow.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Who the hell would watch anything on ITV out of choice?

I've not watched anything on there regularly since Londons Burning.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'll be flipping over during the advert breaks to have Ray Winstone tell me how to lose money in a gruff, nefarious way, but then back to the beeb. Sad, in a way though, that i have to choose to watch squinty Shearer beating the clown dunce Robbie Savage in a footballing debate to consider my viewings high-brow.

Is it Alan Hansen's last 'Match of The Day' on Sunday?

Has anyone else noticed how Alan S is now shouting down Alan H as he knows he's going? He's got his elbows out in the studio literally whoring himself to be the main man this year. Sad times.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Would be much more interesting if Sky were showing it on Sky1 HD, as well. ITV would then be better off re-running You've Been Framed rather than trying to compete on sport.

For the record I would/will be watching the standard World Cup Final on the BBC in high definition, in preference to the Super Sunday version.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Has anyone else noticed how Alan S is now shouting down Alan H as he knows he's going? He's got his elbows out in the studio literally whoring himself to be the main man this year. Sad times.
Agreed.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

He'd have a better chance of being reappointed Newcastle manager IMHO. Utterly useless, I don't think I've ever learnt a single thing about football from him, which given how good a player he was is pretty special.

I think I actually prefer Ian Wright.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
ITV were trying so hard to get us to watch it with them last night. "We're the only channel to show all three games remaining", prompting my girlfriend to say "SHIT IS IT NOT ON BBC!??".

Haha, my girlfriend said exactly the same thing to me last night. She got worried that we'd have to watch Adrian "I've got a face like a cattle-prodded scrotum" Chiles again.

We were watching the pre-match twatting about with the four blokes (O'Neill, Dixon, Cannavaro & Chiles) who all look like they're on a lads jolly by the seaside. The other half refers to them as the English, The Irish, the Italian and the Wanker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here