Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Three

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Little Ryan is a spectator standing in goal watching the ball go in. He hasn’t made a save, come for a cross or dived. Nothing changes
People are harsh about Ryan on here. He was decent enough for us really. We've had an upgrade since of course, but we stayed up with him in goal for a couple of seasons, and it wasn't in spite of his presence.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
People are harsh about Ryan on here. He was decent enough for us really. We've had an upgrade since of course, but we stayed up with him in goal for a couple of seasons, and it wasn't in spite of his presence.
I agree, but he seems to be shrinking. Less presence every time I see him. He's not a bad goal keeper but I don't think his brain works fast enough for top flight football.
Aaron Mooy still looks useful.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Love the way the Beeb did a bit an exposee on FIFA's greenwashing on the Qatar tournament.

That what you get when you don't have ads at half time

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I agree, but he seems to be shrinking. Less presence every time I see him. He's not a bad goal keeper but I don't think his brain works fast enough for top flight football.
Aaron Mooy still looks useful.
His complete lack of presence was always an issue. He was a lower league keeper at best.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Galant effort from Australia with largely Championship standard players. France looking good despite injuries...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Galant effort from Australia with largely Championship standard players. France looking good despite injuries...
This along with our game was one that really showed the difference in every area on the pitch. Speed, skill, ability but also size and strength. The French just look far better and fitter athletes.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I thought the opposite about France - their defence looks very average and Australia could have gone in 2-2 at the break. I’d be confident of our chances against them.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I think 2030 may go to the joint bid between Argentina / Uruguay

Unfortunately the only African one so far in SA one wasn't great...yes, I know Morocco/Tunisia are very different places to SA. Perhaps Algeria could get involved too?

Australia should also get a chance soon IMO.
I think it’s probably Africa’s ‘turn’ but having been to both countries I’d love to go to an Argentina/Uruguay World Cup, would be brilliant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here