Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wonder what the players make of our supporters?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Stoke v Manu, now that was an atmosphere, just shows the prem isnt all prawn sarnies. Can't see Falmer being a patch on the Brittania though, sadly, with our tiny new north stand. Unless the main stand join in with some support, unlike the old west stand corpses.

I would like to see some sort of campaign, to have a singing section at Falmer on the lower tier of the west stand, towards the south stand end. That would make a fun day out.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Surely you're on a wind up? "tiny new north stand"??? We'll be a L1 side in a £90m stadium - if you're not being ironic then I suspect you must be pretty short on grey matter.

Not a wind up. I believe the new north stand will be pretty much the smallest part of the new stadium, with a capacity of less than 3,000. That's even smaller than the AWAY end at the dump that is fratton park ffs!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Idon't think it's just a problem isolated to the Albion. There are alot of clubs who if the home team don't score in the first few minutes don't get behind the team.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Not a wind up. I believe the new north stand will be pretty much the smallest part of the new stadium, with a capacity of less than 3,000. That's even smaller than the AWAY end at the dump that is fratton park ffs!

Your right from a certain point of view. It wont be a very big stand compared to some. 2,900 ish i think, about 24 rows deep. Pretty much the same depth as the east and south. The west stand however is going to be awesome, one of the top 15 biggest stands in the country, I think I read somewhere. The north stand is plenty big enough to make some noise and the whole ground is enclosed, which will keep the noise in. Dont forget the design for a second tier and the corners. Before you start picking holes in the stadium, remember the capacity is a much as we were allowed at the planning stage. And it really is an area of outstanding beauty now!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Wonder what they think. At home our support is woeful, you can hear a pin drop sometimes, even hear the wind whistling threw the trees. When I see players laughing I often think, are they saying - ‘did you hear that fart in the crowd’.

Then on our travels the away end seems to explode with a wall of noise, players can’t hear themselves. Do they think we have two sets of fans?

We have the home crowd that never travel and the away fans never watch us at home. Has anyone ever found out what the players think and if they prefer playing away than at home, just like many of our fans who prefer to travel than visit shitdean?

Just wondering like.

Cheers.

Home support was dire again yesterday, the 95 Yeovil fans out-sung us for most of the match, despite us being top of the league and another tremendous performance in parts by our boys. Am sick of it.

If the 'shoosh' brigade are in force at Falmer, I'm really concerned that the Amex will just be another Withdean, only with comfier seats and a roof!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Home support was dire again yesterday, the 95 Yeovil fans out-sung us for most of the match, despite us being top of the league and another tremendous performance in parts by our boys. Am sick of it.

If the 'shoosh' brigade are in force at Falmer, I'm really concerned that the Amex will just be another Withdean, only with comfier seats and a roof!

That's just Bull! I sat in the North Stand for the first time yesterday-normally in the South. Really surprised and impressed by our fans noise at times and never heard the Yeovil fans at all. Why do we keep picking on each other?

The standers hate the sitters, the awayers hate the homers, the young hate the old, the beer drinkers hate the the flaskers and the singers hate the quiet ones. Why can't we all just get behind the team and enjoy this wonderful season together?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Withdean is like a woman you have been with for 12 years but never really fancied in the first place. She came along when things were a bit desperate, so you were happy with it for the first couple of years. Now 12 years on she is fat, ugly and always f***ing moaning. You see her for what she is and you cant be bothered, because you know in the back of your head you will have the love of your life in less than a year and once a fortnight you get to play away from home anyway.

:laugh:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
The irony is that, for all these threads about lack of noise, listening on the radio there was loads of crowd noise and chants.

So people are singing and the well-positioned radio mikes pick it up, but for everyone else the sound disappears into the sky.

With due respect, the 'we are singing ' is bollocks.

Yeserday, it just didn't happen in the South stand.

Block H? There's more rock at Chris Catlin's place.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Just a thought:-

It strikes me that if all the people who moan about the lack of noise at Withdean where to actually do something about it (i.e. make some) - then we might not have the problem.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Just a thought:-

It strikes me that if all the people who moan about the lack of noise at Withdean where to actually do something about it (i.e. make some) - then we might not have the problem.

Wrong wrong wrong..

I go with my boy / and / or daughter, and we all try to sing, but no other bugger is up for it.

We prefer the family stand. Shit view. Great atmosphere. ( Ok, not great, but better. lol )

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
You see, that's the f***ing problem. I try and start songs in the morgue that is F Block and every time I get looked at like I'm a half-wit. Seriously, if I had a pound for every look of derision I get from people on the edge of E Block when I try to start a song, I'd be a f***ing rich man. If the season ticket holders at Withdean, who sit silent all game, only to cheer briefly when a goal is scored, are the season ticket holders at Falmer, then god help us. We need the away support, the non-stop singers and chanters as season ticket holders.

The lack of a roof at Withdean has always been a bollocks excuse for the lazy can't-be-arsed-to-get-behind-the-team fans to hide behind. We can have a fantastic atmosphere at Withdean when people make an effort. Sadly, far too many ST holders can't be arsed.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What we need to ensure is that there's a place at Falmer where all the boring dullards / people who leave ten minutes early / moaners sit together. I really think that there's a critical density of singers, but with the seats so far apart at Falmer, we need to be careful that this density is reached. I'm slightly concerned that with the west stand being for those with £££ and the east stand being swear-free, the north stand is the only option for a lot of people who want an atmosphere and will undoubtedly be STH only, which causes it's own problems.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Wrong wrong wrong..

I go with my boy / and / or daughter, and we all try to sing, but no other bugger is up for it.

We prefer the family stand. Shit view. Great atmosphere. ( Ok, not great, but better. lol )

Fairy snuff. You & your little 'uns aren't the type of folks I was thinking of though, but point taken. :thumbsup:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Fairy snuff. You & your little 'uns aren't the type of folks I was thinking of though, but point taken. :thumbsup:

I wish they were still that little.

Boy 11, girl just 18..

At Charlton for example, they were the biggest singers. :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here