Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wonder what the players make of our supporters?

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Wonder what they think. At home our support is woeful, you can hear a pin drop sometimes, even hear the wind whistling threw the trees. When I see players laughing I often think, are they saying - ‘did you hear that fart in the crowd’.

Then on our travels the away end seems to explode with a wall of noise, players can’t hear themselves. Do they think we have two sets of fans?

We have the home crowd that never travel and the away fans never watch us at home. Has anyone ever found out what the players think and if they prefer playing away than at home, just like many of our fans who prefer to travel than visit shitdean?

Just wondering like.

Cheers.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Wonder what they think. At home our support is woeful, you can hear a pin drop sometimes, even hear the wind whistling threw the trees. When I see players laughing I often think, are they saying - ‘did you hear that fart in the crowd’.

Then on our travels the away end seems to explode with a wall of noise, players can’t hear themselves. Do they think we have two sets of fans?

We have the home crowd that never travel and the away fans never watch us at home. Has anyone ever found out what the players think and if they prefer playing away than at home, just like many of our fans who prefer to travel than visit shitdean?

Just wondering like.

Cheers.

How many more times:shrug:

It's Withdean - no roof, no atmosphere! Simples!

I'm sure the players understand the problems with Withdean more than anyone. There's not long left now - only 16 more games to go

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I do both, and do try to create some kind of 'atmosphere' at withdean, but its near impossible. The majority of people at withdean either dont want to chant, or will only do it when we score, I really dont understand it???

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I bet they do prefer playing away from home at the moment, but that's just because the opposition don't come and park their defensive bus in front of goal like they do at withdean.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The irony is that, for all these threads about lack of noise, listening on the radio there was loads of crowd noise and chants.

So people are singing and the well-positioned radio mikes pick it up, but for everyone else the sound disappears into the sky.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
The love-in at the end of the Charlton game gives you your answer. Still loving EB's "it's too easy" gesture.

That made come out in goosepimples when they applauded us. Really hope we can generate the same noise next weekend.

Makes me proud, we done our job and they done theirs so applauding each other makes me immensely happy and acknowledged where’s you see other team players walk straight of the pitch sometimes without consideration for their fans.

Bloody love Brighton :wave:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Withdean is like a woman you have been with for 12 years but never really fancied in the first place. She came along when things were a bit desperate, so you were happy with it for the first couple of years. Now 12 years on she is fat, ugly and always f***ing moaning. You see her for what she is and you cant be bothered, because you know in the back of your head you will have the love of your life in less than a year and once a fortnight you get to play away from home anyway.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Withdean is like a woman you have been with for 12 years but never really fancied in the first place. She came along when things were a bit desperate, so you were happy with it for the first couple of years. Now 12 years on she is fat, ugly and always f***ing moaning. You see her for what she is and you cant be bothered, because you know in the back of your head you will have the love of your life in less than a year and once a fortnight you get to play away from home anyway.

:laugh: Post of the season!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Just wondering like.

Cheers.

You must have good hearing if you know how Withdean sounds when you are on the golf course.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The irony is that, for all these threads about lack of noise, listening on the radio there was loads of crowd noise and chants.

So people are singing and the well-positioned radio mikes pick it up, but for everyone else the sound disappears into the sky.
The sound doesn't travel around the stadium well at all, sittinng more than a couple of blocks away you won't here a thing from the 'singing' section. You need whole blocks to sing for it to travel. Which usually doesn't happen.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London

Just wondering like.

Cheers.
Thats cr*p...

Everyone that I know who goes away and i am talking around 30+ of the real die hard every game fans, go to home games. There are only only one or maybe two odd exceptions. Withdean is not a proper football ground and acoustics are dire, therein lies the crowd noise problems...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I do think home fans have also been beaten down by the fact we can't create an atmosphere- important thing will be to wake everyone up at Falmer.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Stoke v Manu, now that was an atmosphere, just shows the prem isnt all prawn sarnies. Can't see Falmer being a patch on the Brittania though, sadly, with our tiny new north stand. Unless the main stand join in with some support, unlike the old west stand corpses.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Stoke v Manu, now that was an atmosphere, just shows the prem isnt all prawn sarnies. Can't see Falmer being a patch on the Brittania though, sadly, with our tiny new north stand. Unless the main stand join in with some support, unlike the old west stand corpses.

Surely you're on a wind up? "tiny new north stand"??? We'll be a L1 side in a £90m stadium - if you're not being ironic then I suspect you must be pretty short on grey matter.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I do both, and do try to create some kind of 'atmosphere' at withdean, but its near impossible. The majority of people at withdean either dont want to chant, or will only do it when we score, I really dont understand it???

Explained here:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here