Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Women and tattoos

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Bollocks.

Met loads of people who have been disdainful / arrogant / superior because they have tattoos and I don't or I haven't responded massively enthusiastically about theirs (should I have to be insincere or may I just say they're not my thing?).

Had a number of people also say disdainfully "well, there's those who think about having a tattoo and there's those who actually do it". Oh do feck off.

I totally respect a girls' choice to have them, I try not to judge them for it ...but hey we can all be judgemental at times and only I liar would say otherwise. I have also dated girls with (a) tattoo and accepted it as fine, because it is only superficial, but I can't lie to myself I don't like em.

And leave the neck alone - the curve of a girl's neck, with their hair up, whoever the girl, is so beautiful that it should be left well alone imo.

Don't agree with most of your post but that last line I do. I'll also add the curve of their back just above their bum shouldn't be drawn on - i.e. no tramp stamps.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not like tattoos and think that they look awful on men as I keep telling my nephew who has loads but IMHO they look even worse on women. You get a good looking girl and then see a large tattoo covering half her arm or back making her look awful. Probably an age thing from my youth when tattoos on women were regarded as being a sign of being a tart or been in prison.that attitude has obviously changed now

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I don't have a problem with others having them, although I don't really like them.

I think that they also hinder those in white collar jobs from progressing to senior positions, which is completely wrong.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Is this proof millennials are morons?

Tattoos are not fashion statements. Fashions change but tattoos are body modification.Like those with Disks in their ears like South American tribesmen(Usually working in startbucks).

OK if you are either Rich, self employed or have a highly rare skill. Beyond that you will be judged and its just a way of making life harder for yourself by making a controversial statement. This also signals about your intelligence or lack of.

john wayne said Life is hard but even harder when you are stupid.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
bfbd6fd605bf14a0b9b0731e7bc3a9dc.jpg
:sick:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Personally I hate tattoos on women, what on earth makes a girl want to get her arms, legs, or chest covered in tattoos?

for me its a big turn off, a single tattoo might look OK but the ones I have seen recently look like a 30 year merchant seaman veteran ( sorry Smudge)

Ladies your bodies are good enough without tattoos ....dont do it..

I guess it's just as well that tattoed women wouldn't give a shit for your opinion, especially if it wasn't asked for. Cos let's face it, it's none of your business. Interesting you're not commenting on tattoos on men.

This isn't about tattoos, is it? It's only about women for you.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
As many have stated it is their body. I prefer a woman without tattoos unless it is discreet, but just my opinion.
I know that tattoos are a lot better these days but my Dad had them done in Malaya whilst serving, they looked a bit sad in later years. Now seeing as tattoos on women and especially young women is relatively new, will they look sexy/good in 30 years time......hmmmm.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley

Tattoos are not fashion statements. Fashions change but tattoos are body modification.Like those with Disks in their ears like South American tribesmen(Usually working in startbucks).

OK if you are either Rich, self employed or have a highly rare skill. Beyond that you will be judged and its just a way of making life harder for yourself by making a controversial statement. This also signals about your intelligence or lack of.

Only "judged" by people like yourself. I've never been unemployed and I've worked with the public and now with children,the parents and my colleagues June me for who I am and what I do but I suppose if you were my boss is wouldn't have got the job,a job I happen to excel in.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Love tattoos, have several myself. So does my girlfriend.

Always enjoy a tattoo topic. You get the people who, quite rightly, express that they're not their favourite things in a nice "each to their own" manner and then the not so nice "tattoos = low intelligence" type people.

Completely fair having a differing opinion on them and taste is subjective but to flat out insult people who have them speaks volumes to the nature of your character.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Narrow minded views of the older generation make me laugh.
Last time I checked, I don't think many tattooed people gave a rats arse about the opinion of others on account of it being their body and their choice.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I guess it's just as well that tattoed women wouldn't give a shit for your opinion, especially if it wasn't asked for. Cos let's face it, it's none of your business. Interesting you're not commenting on tattoos on men.

This isn't about tattoos, is it? It's only about women for you.

Another keyboard warrior ..... Just because I said I don't like tattoos on women..

You like it feel free to date the tattooed lady, myself I'm happily married to a lady with no tattoos and have been for probably longer than you have been alive.

Goodbye

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Coming from a man with Farage as a profile picture?
Something about stones and glass houses springs to mind.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Love tattoos, have several myself. So does my girlfriend.

Always enjoy a tattoo topic. You get the people who, quite rightly, express that they're not their favourite things in a nice "each to their own" manner and then the not so nice "tattoos = low intelligence" type people.

Completely fair having a differing opinion on them and taste is subjective but to flat out insult people who have them speaks volumes to the nature of your character.
Fair enough - and true. There are also those, though, who flat out insult those people who, to use your excellent phrase, "quite rightly, express that they're not their favourite things in a nice "each to their own" manner." Guess that speaks volumes to the nature of their character too

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Only "judged" by people like yourself. I've never been unemployed and I've worked with the public and now with children,the parents and my colleagues June me for who I am and what I do but I suppose if you were my boss is wouldn't have got the job,a job I happen to excel in.

Where did I judge? Unlike most in this thread I did not give an opinion on aesthetics(I dont mind that much).

I gave a practical responce, tattoos by there very nature are designed to be seen by others not the wearer and invite judgement, its your choice to have them and others can choose to think ill of them. Thats how the real world works rather than a philosophy expoused that reflects an ego-centric, myopic and narcissistic mentality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here