Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Women and tattoos

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
.....just so long as they don't give a rats arse about being turned down for jobs.
I've got several, luckily my employer (a national well known company) saw through my distasful body art and has employed me for several years.
Not only employed me, but have promoted me into a position of responsibility based on my ability to out perform all my colleagues.

The taboo on tattoos is both outdated and wrong.
It doesn't affect the way I do my job and I make a more than comfortable living.

I am also north of 55 years old and still getting 'work' done on my body :smile:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I've got several, luckily my employer (a national well known company) saw through my distasful body art and has employed me for several years.
Not only employed me, but have promoted me into a position of responsibility based on my ability to out perform all my colleagues.

It doesn't affect the way I do my job and I make a more than comfortable living.

I am also north of 55 years old and still getting 'work' done on my body :smile:

Do you work in a darkroom developing photos.

PS Don't get angry I'm only kidding.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
attachment.php

for the visually impaired :eek:
poster abuse!

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I'm quite ambivalent about tattoos on women. Sometimes I think they can look trashy and sometimes they can look ok depending on their location on the body and also the design. I don't mind a full sleeve on a woman and they can sometimes look quite attractive, but if a woman had a solitary one one just her forearm, that's a definite no no for me as that would make her look rough as **** in my eyes. I would also prefer a full sleeve over a solitary tattoo on her bicep, although I wouldn't find it objectionable.like the forearm.
Tattoos on legs I'm not too keen on but I really hate the ones on the backs of the calves. Tattoos on fingers are another no no for me. Tattoos on lower backs are a bit naff as I think they are for women who are trying to express their rebellious side, but in a discreet and inoffensive manner so I don't really see the point. I hate Cheryl Cole's arse, back and leg tattoo, I think it really detracts from her looks, but again if it was down her arm, sleeve like it wouldn't bother me, although I'm not keen on the design, far too dense and inky.
My main issue with tattoos is their permanence. Fashions and tastes change. So although you might not mind having a tattoo for the rest of your life, you might later regret the style and design of the tattoo you chose at the time. It's like clothes, hairstyles, beards and wallpaper. Most of us wouldn't want to be lumbered with a particular style of clothing, hairstyle, beard or wallpaper for the rest of our lives regardless of how great we think they look at the time. In the early seventies we all thought we looked the dogs bollocks in our flares and loon pants, but none of us would have wanted them permanently welded to our legs for the rest of our lives given the choice. The same with beards. Twenty years ago the hip beard of choice was a goatee. Not any more, its the full hipster beard, and they wont be around forever. How many hipsters would keep their beards if they were told that if they grew it they would have to keep it for the rest of their lives? Its the same with flock wall paper and shag pile carpets and even pubic hair. Fashions and styles change but at least with clothes, carpets, pubes, wallpaper, hair and beards we have the option to change their style when we get tired of them or they start to look a bit dated , but with tattoos you don't have that option. Having said that I'm still quite fond of a full 70s bush. I've also grown quite attached to my mullet.

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Fair play to you and your boss.
I still think that visible tattoos could be discriminated against in certain professions by certain employers. It will be nothing to do with the ability of the candidate, purely the appearance. Some employers will not take the risk of employing someone in a sales role, dealing with the general public, when they are visibly tattooed. They will worry that prejudice could influence business. The same applies with piercing. It can also be discriminatory.
Employers can advise staff to cover up tattoos but clearly visible ones..e.g around the neck, upper body, head, hands and fingers are another matter. These cannot be hidden.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Tattoos are for Sailors, criminals and 80's heavy metal bands.

Most women look like right skanks when covered in them

Their body to ruin I suppose.

Sent by 2 old baked bean cans and a piece of string

That is utter rubbish and bloody offensive.

Tattoos can form part of a women's character just as much as they can a man. And tastefully done, they can look really good.

My partner's daughter has a really lovely sleeve and I would really like to see you call her a skank.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I have said for a long while now tattoos are some commonplace these days. the folk getting them think they are being edgy and different. in reality the guys being different these days are the ones without. for this reason I stopped at 1 tattoo don't want anymore. but don't regret the 1 I have either

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Another keyboard warrior ..... Just because I said I don't like tattoos on women..

You like it feel free to date the tattooed lady, myself I'm happily married to a lady with no tattoos and have been for probably longer than you have been alive.

Goodbye

If you were married before TAR was born then you did it illegally ! It's a fair question about men with tatoos so really not sure what you're getting so het up about.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
97% of girls with tattoos love it up the dirtbox.
Probably not what you want to hear if your mum, sister or daughter has tattoos.

On the plus side if you are shagging a bird with tattoos who isnt your mum , sister or daughter there is a great chance she wont object to you going brown.

If you are shagging your tattooed mum, sister or daughter you are probably past the moral bit where you might think going brown is "a bit wrong"

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I have said for a long while now tattoos are some commonplace these days. the folk getting them think they are being edgy and different. in reality the guys being different these days are the ones without. for this reason I stopped at 1 tattoo don't want anymore. but don't regret the 1 I have either

Why do people always think that getting a tattoo is an attempt to be edgy/different?

I have none myself, though to say I haven't considered/don't consider it occasionally would be a lie, but have numerous friends who have them and the vast majority got them because it made them happy. That's it. No other motive.

Actually, one of them is a bit of a tosser with a cack 'edgy' tattoo, but I suppose there always has to be one to keep the stereotype alive...

Edit; Sorry, I might have misread your post but are you saying you stopped gettong tattoos just because you wanted to be different?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here