Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we sign a PL ready striker by the close of the window?

Will we sign a PL ready striker today?

• Total voters

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Still reckon Andone could do a job (assuming he's not actually out the door yet). Maybe could have done a job all along, except he got banquished into exile with indecent haste following his red card v Southampton
Bring back Connolly

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Bring back Connolly

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

All joking aside, I do wonder whether he can be recalled ? and indeed whether this might be our BIG news of the day... lol.

Actually, I’d have him back right now... different option, something to prove.

#bringbacktheconnollyshow

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
All joking aside, I do wonder whether he can be recalled ? and indeed whether this might be our BIG news of the day... lol.

Actually, I’d have him back right now... different option, something to prove.

#bringbacktheconnollyshow
People are losing their heads, there is a number of Brighton fans who seem to like players who can’t hit a barn door :lolol:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
In the last two seasons we have sold to Arsenal , Spurs & Chelsea. Clubs with decent strikers out on loan or not getting in the first team , I think we missed the boat by not getting in a "proven" striker in the deals with them rather than just doing cash deals and looking to potentially pick up bargains abroad on unknowns. (now having said that Undav will probably come off the bench Sunday and score the winner :facepalm:)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
the obvious response is that those players played in very ordinary teams. We play a different brand which means we keep the ball, win it back quickly and create opportunities. We just don't seem to have someone who can put it in the onion bag. I would predicts that any of those players listed would do much better statistically if they were in an Brighton shirt.

I'd still describe them as all mediocre and not the level we are aiming for. Besides, if they are so great, why hasn't anyone else been falling over themselves to sign them???

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
If we actually fail to sign a single striker after selling the only back up who’s scored in the Prem and pocketing over £100m in sales I would fully expect Potter to be very tempted by the next raft of jobs that will be coming up like Villa and Everton. I hope the club don’t put us in such a risky scenario.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we actually fail to sign a single striker after selling the only back up who’s scored in the Prem and pocketing over £100m in sales I would fully expect Potter to be very tempted by the next raft of jobs that will be coming up like Villa and Everton. I hope the club don’t put us in such a risky scenario.

Unless he’s integral to the transfer quartet dismissing average strikers demanding huge wages, with a greedy agent in tow.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Seems to be a lack of faith in Undav, Enciso and Ferguson.

How do we know they are not “prem ready” and won’t be introduced throughout the season.

I wouldn’t draw to much on the exclusion in the most part on Tuesday as policy

Throwing 15-20 for the sake of it blocks the development path way unless an upgrade. I would have liked to see BBD as see him as a taker however we are not party to what Blackburn or indeed what the player wants, assuming we are interested on course

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Well I think it's ok to call out people who demand the impossible and then continually moaning when they don't get it.

"Name them" is short hand for, it's almost impossible for you to get what you demand.

If it’s impossible to find a striker, how come other teams on our level, or even lower, sign strikers? ???

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The 3% so far who have voted 'Yes' need to be sectioned!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Seems to be a lack of faith in Undav, Enciso and Ferguson.

How do we know they are not “prem ready” and won’t be introduced throughout the season.

I wouldn’t draw to much on the exclusion in the most part on Tuesday as policy

Throwing 15-20 for the sake of it blocks the development path way unless an upgrade. I would have liked to see BBD as see him as a taker however we are not party to what Blackburn or indeed what the player wants, assuming we are interested on course
Lets have a worst case scenario Welbeck is out for three months do we really want a couple of teenagers as our striking options. Undav isn’t going to lead the line and has never played at this level, the ridiculous off side at Fulham was a tad Sunday league.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yep, good for everyone - not a guy you really want around the club and nowhere near the first XI.

Glad he’s gone, the guy isn’t quite the ticket, frankly. I think there’s something wrong with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here