Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we sign a PL ready striker by the close of the window?

Will we sign a PL ready striker today?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You know I love a poll and this is not a divisive one that I am often accused of posting :smile:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
After four matches with Welbeck up top and one match with no striker up top, my tentative conclusion is that we need a striker to enable us to play over the press as well as round it. Either Potter believes Undav is the Welbeck alternative or he doesn't agree we need one, so there will be no incoming striker today.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Optimally, yes.

Not a necessity however and if the right player isn't available, then it won't happen and it will still be fine.

I'm going with "no" - just don't think there's a lot of good obvious options on the market.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I expected the Mehs to be from non Albion fans :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What’s Premier League Ready? I’m assuming a player with a record of scoring 15+ in either the PL or at equivalent level (of which there a not many leagues). We’re talking 50m+ and wages to match. Not happening.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What’s Premier League Ready? I’m assuming a player with a record of scoring 15+ in either the PL or at equivalent level (of which there a not many leagues). We’re talking 50m+ and wages to match. Not happening.

I suppose Everton have just signed a PL ready striker for reasonable money. Not 15+ goals, but 10+ and a good record of scoring at PL level.

A player that it didn't quite work for in one team can find their feet and suit another.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I doubt it unless it's a late, late bid for someone who hasn't even been rumoured yet.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

A striker who can get by in the PL and not look out of his depth, doesn't have to be a Haaland. Able to mix it with PL defenders and link up with his colleagues and score the occasional goal whilst creating a few too,

A Callum Wilson or Ivor Toney or someone who can get close I guess

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Name some names of these elusive 'premier league ready' strikers then (I mean those that are likely to be available!)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Name some names of these elusive 'premier league ready' strikers then (I mean those that are likely to be available!)
Pukki

Real shame we didn't go in for wout weghorst. Could have worked at Brighton.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
100% yes, a out of the blue banger that Man Utd watched for 8 minutes 3 years ago but decided he was to small to be a striker, probably.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It would be great to be Vicente style blown away, just one last time... sigh.

It so unlikely it almost hurts.

Even a random amazing freebie, but with Del Piero and Ronaldinho firmly retired and even Hulk beyond us, well it’s over to Welbz to score at least one goal and Undav might suddenly blossom too... Graham’s relaxed, we should all be relaxed too ... should we not ?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Chris Wood

🎣

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

But isn't that what Undav was supposed to be? If not, why did we buy him? He isn't going to enhance his value if he is just an EPL bench warmer. All seems very odd.

But Potter has said he is happy with the squad he has so we must trust that he is going to play Undav or the lad Ferguson when Welbeck is injured or having a rest. Clearly the "false 9", when we don't have the players to make it work, is no longer an option. If Potter is happy not to strengthen the central attacking options then it is down to him to make it work with what he has.

No - we won't be getting a new central striker by the time the window slams shut.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It would be great to be Vicente style blown away, just one last time... sigh.

It so unlikely it almost hurts.

Even a random amazing freebie, but with Del Piero and Ronaldinho firmly retired and even Hulk beyond us, well it’s over to Welbz to score at least one goal and Undav might suddenly blossom too... Graham’s relaxed, we should all be relaxed too ... should we not ?

No. Potter is not perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here