Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we be buying anyone in January?

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
So.... if Andone isn't fit until after the transfer window slams shut and if he grovels on his hands and knees from the marina to the lagoons and back, give him a second chance?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Maybe Potter is thinking that Alzate could do a job up there

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So.... if Andone isn't fit until after the transfer window slams shut and if he grovels on his hands and knees from the marina to the lagoons and back, give him a second chance?

As long as he doesn't crawl through with the cycle lanes

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Get rid of locadia and balogun, sign a striker with those funds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Players can only play for 2 clubs in a season. This means Locadia can only play for us and Hoffenheim. We can't force them to buy him in January.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As an alternative to recalling Mlakar or Gyokeres I wouldn't be surprised if we bought an U23 striker, who'd just have to step up if needed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You would have thought we would have learnt from our ridiculous complacency last season. ****ing pathetic by the club if true.

Trust the club on this.

If we are at deadline day with just 2 strikers, then a quick phone call to Spain could bring Leo Ulloa back to be 3rd choice non-playing striker for the last 14 games of the season. Easiest loan deal to do in history.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

There’d need to be quite a bit of broken glass on the route too

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Assuming Chelsea land Dembele and he was interested what’s everyone’s thoughts on Giroud on loan for the remainder of the season, would be financially viable (50% of wages) and good for all parties allowing him to put himself in the shop
Window for one last move

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Giroud? Depends if GP feels he could suit his system.

I hope we do get a striker in, but from the press conference it seems that GP is happy to focus on the players he has.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Giroud? Depends if GP feels he could suit his system.

I hope we do get a striker in, but from the press conference it seems that GP is happy to focus on the players he has.

Yes, it would seem so, but then in the past we have heard similar stories before. I suppose if the club were to go public and say we really need a striker, then the price would clearly go up, and so it might be better tactics to claim they we are not that bothered.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes, it would seem so, but then in the past we have heard similar stories before. I suppose if the club were to go public and say we really need a striker, then the price would clearly go up, and so it might be better tactics to claim they we are not that bothered.

This thought did cross my mind, and I sincerely hope you are correct, and the club are just putting up a smoke screen

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Assuming Chelsea land Dembele and he was interested what’s everyone’s thoughts on Giroud on loan for the remainder of the season, would be financially viable (50% of wages) and good for all parties allowing him to put himself in the shop
Window for one last move

If there is a chance of signing Giroud on reasonable terms, it's a no brainer.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It's all about the selling IMHO. Team Potter's probably only treading Wotter til January when he can get rid of Ali J with the club's blessing. Doubtless been told he wasn't allowed to ship out all three of last season's big money duds over the summer, no matter how much he might have loved to :wave:

If there is a chance of signing Giroud on reasonable terms, it's a no brainer.

I keep hearing Giroud being mentioned. Indeed some lad was shouting that he’d solve all our problems after the Sheff Utd game.

I just don’t get it though. Are people not watching how we play now? If Potter wanted that type of striker (albeit an inferior one if we’re being honest), then Murray would’ve been playing every week.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I keep hearing Giroud being mentioned. Indeed some lad was shouting that he’d solve all our problems after the Sheff Utd game.

I just don’t get it though. Are people not watching how we play now? If Potter wanted that type of striker (albeit an inferior one if we’re being honest), then Murray would’ve been playing every week.

Giroud is a big upgrade on Murray. It's all about options, isn't it? Not sure how Olivier would feel about playing second fiddle to Neal though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
While Giroux is the type of striker Potter historically has preferred I'd say there's no chance he'll come. He will go to a bigger club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here