Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

D

Deleted member 2719

Going...................Going............................Go

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Perhaps for the benefit of all,they should slip quietly beneath the waves at the end of the season,for the greater good of the game.

Portsmouth FC is a proud and traditional club,hateful maybe,our first(perhaps historical) or second rivals (my 2nd) to Palace,however they are a good club,that has been totally mismanaged and let's be honest,they have rode their luck too long.

They have the fan base to see them recover,but if they go,they go for the best all round-football needs to get it's house in order,as does society and some big names will fall..

It will take them/like us (we know-but our situation was different) a while.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I can see the PFA's point but their motivation as a union is for the players to get paid (presumably thats a very long queue) and maybe in the longer term for the current squad to keep their jobs. I suppose the Harris bid is seen as potentially underwriting the PFT bid which is in itself still not certain to suceed. So do the FL do a u-turn on their recent decision not to allow the Harris bid? The PFA are asking the FL to a) change its rules about a club not going into successive seasons while in administration and b) take a chance that the Harris bid might succeed c) PFT suceed with their bid and d) complete the other legal matters re ownership of Fratton Park Finally e) I wouldn't be surprised if there is scope somewhere in those processes for legal appeals, not least from the old owner who is expecting his wedge of the parachute monies and any other dosh he can weedle out of this mess.

The FL have a wider duty to other member clubs who play by the rules and not least so the FL is able to publish the fixtures for the 2013/14 season within an acceptable timescale. The latter needs to take account of whether Pompey are still in business or if Pompey lose membership of the FL which other club will replace them in the fixture list, so has wider implications. I'm sure there are other legal complications on top of that ,but wouldn't be surprised if yet another fudge is allowed.

I still don't quite understand why Pompey fans aren't having a higher profile campaign in support of PFT - it isn't exactly deafening. I don't recall many passionate appeals from them on here for example.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There are a couple of Pompey fans at work, and apathy is the buzz word. I think they are both hoping they go under and they can start again with fc Portsmouth.

It's actually a very sad state of affairs.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Redknapps legacy. It stinks.

Harry_Redknapp_1394178c.jpg

I hope this photo is not an infringement of copyright laws?

I would hate anyone to get in trouble.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
This is actually quite sad now.

Yes the PFA want their members to get their money in full and quickly but can't see thay see the bigger issue of football ownership etc?

If Harris and co get their hands on Pompey the situation will repeat itself.

I hate Pompey and hope they bob around League 2 for many years to come but in the hands of the fans.

D

Deleted member 2719

And now rooted to the bottom of the league, think it was October they last won a match

I think my Pompey STH neighbour mumbled it is now a club record of 21 games without a win, as he was slitting his wrist he also mentioned they had used 50 players so far this season at this stage, i couldn't help remind him wasn't it just over 3 years ago you won the cup and this year you went out in the 1st round.
I thought it only best to put himself out of his misery.

Apart from his Pompey inflictions, he is ok.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Nothing like trying to divide the fans ! It just gets better and better. Pompey are at best down and out into League 2 and that's assuming they can survive. Makes me snigger every time I read the BBC Sports website.

Yes. If I wanted to delay the process even further, annoy even more people, and ensure that the club sinks further into the sh*t; I'd do this. Spreads confusion and divides the support.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I think my Pompey STH neighbour mumbled it is now a club record of 21 games without a win,

Certainly is, 5 points from 60 and dumped out of the FA Cup.

After their last victory they were 11th
Pld13 W5 D3 L5 F21 A20 GD+1 Pts18

Now
Pld33 W5 D8 L20 F34 A57 GD-23 Pts23

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Certainly is, 5 points from 60 and dumped out of the FA Cup.

After their last victory they were 11th
Pld13 W5 D3 L5 F21 A20 GD+1 Pts18

Now
Pld33 W5 D8 L20 F34 A57 GD-23 Pts23

I am looking forward in seeing how many other records they can beat.:lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sadly, they'll somehow manage to dump the debt, and then no doubt have a multimillion pound budget for League 2 next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here