Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Portsmouth administrators confirm Keith Harris bid

and subject to the takeover being approved they are poised to announce

"Orville" as the new manager. :facepalm:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What will Mr Pompey do now? Oh dear. What a pity. never mind.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So close now you can almost touch it ! Roll on the end of the season !

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
At its meeting in London earlier today, the Board of The Football League was appraised of the current situation regarding the administration of Portsmouth Football Club in light of media reports that the Administrator, PKF, is considering a new offer for the Club.

The League had previously been informed by PKF that its preferred bid for the Club was from the Pompey Supporters Trust (PST) and all parties have been focussed on a successful transfer of share to that consortium.

Given that The Football League's Insolvency Policy prohibits a club from beginning two consecutive seasons in administration, the Board took the view that any change of preferred bidder at such a late stage would only create further uncertainty and was not in the wider interests of The League and its member clubs.

Therefore, The League has informed the Administrator that it will not currently consider transferring the Club's share in The Football League to a new bidder. This means that in the event that the PST bid does not succeed and Portsmouth do not exit administration before the end of the current playing season, the Club will lose its membership of The Football League.

The Football League | News | Football League | FL News | Portsmouth Statement

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So, it now comes down to the fans who make up pst. The club will only survive if the fans act.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
So, it now comes down to the fans who make up pst. The club will only survive if the fans act.

Indeed, although Keith Harris was apparently willing to work with them if his last-ditch attempt at ownership had been successful. I imagine the first meeting of the parties would have ended with Cuddles...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Good bye Pompey..Pompey goodbye

- - - Updated - - -

Good bye Pompey..Pompey goodbye

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Pompey John Rebranded:

Following his attempt to buy Portsmouth Football Club, Keith Harris has rebranded 'Pompey John' to drum up support for his new Pompey Megastore:-

Orville Mascot.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could the prospective new owners use the PST as a front by funding them to buy the club then buy the club from them during the summer for a nominal fee once they had been given and retained their league registration, thus in effect circumventing the FL Rules.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Whilst its bad news for Pompey, could this potentially be good news for some teams ? As it may require extra clubs to go up from a few leagues.

All depends on how the Football League would deal with the shuffle if/when Pompey are thrown out the FL.

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
I hope they fold, I have never liked them and especially their fans, the only problems I have ever had at football have all been with Pompey fans. If they fold I will do a Jig of delight and post it on youtube!

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Shame on the Pompey fans who have let it come to this. Supine isn't even the beginning of a description.
Hats off to everyone who made sure it never happened to us.

That's a bit harsh, sometimes things are largely beyond the control of supporters, and thousands have paid into their supporters trust, including people I know well through work. I for one wish the Portsmouth Supporters Trust well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here