Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Thought they just signed Nickey Shorey and a few others

How are they now funded? I tried to find some information on the Portsmouth Supporters Trust but the only real financial information is this...

The PST board has unanimously agreed to accept a £450k injection of cash from the club’s President Investors to enable essential, long overdue safety work on Fratton Park to be completed.
The group, which comprises individual Pompey fans who have each already put sums of more than £50,000 into the club, has raised a further significant six-figure sum, which could see our capacity restored to around 20,000 for next season.

Despite the additional investment, the PST remains the majority shareholder in the club with 52.7% of the shares.

Who owns the rest of it?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Why do some fans berate anyone who says anything about pompous going out of business or going down as not real fans who dont care about football or its fans .I live on the borders of hampshire and if those fans heard the bile the pompous fans spout about our club and others they would realize .When Brighton were in trouble they stuck the knife in ( yes a few came down for fans united ) but the vast majority were jubilant we were on a downward spiral and fighting for our existence ,I was constantly being laughed at for supporting a sh*te club with sh*te fans and no money and how we deserved to go out of business .I also knew people who worked for that club who had their business`s ruined because they didnt get paid ,but made sure their prema dona players were still on huge wages and were even trying to bring in players when workers were not getting what was owed .I must admit I was deluded enough to try and help them a few years ago by putting some money in a bucket whilst wearing a badge with BHA on my jacket ,only to be told by some ignorant half wit of a pompey fan "blimey things must be bad if we are getting donations from the rent boys in Brighton " The boot is firmly on the other foot now and as hard as it sounds I am ,and would not be sorry if that club went out of business never to be heard of again .

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's a difficult one. All clubs have those sorts of fans that will lord it over others when the going is good and the going is bad for the other. I don't have much sympathy for Portsmouth (or their fans) as they recklessly overspent. They bought an FA Cup, they bought a European adventure and they bought an extended stay in the top flight. Their overspending played a part in denying relatively or absolute frugal clubs from moving up the football ladder. I would have walked away from the club the moment some random Arabians started fighting over the club and control of the car park or what-have-you. I do believe it was entirely different to the situation we found ourselves in.

I do feel that Portsmouth should have been wound up. But then saying that, should I believe that Hereford or Bury or Plymouth should be wound up?

Confused of BN1.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
1 point off the bottom 2, things looking GRIM for them

:thumbsup: They just about managed to scrape a draw at promotion hopefuls Oxford, could be CRUCIAL for survival.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Even if they do stay up, I wonder how many of the "best fans in England" will be buying season tickets next season, now that all the hope of new owners has evaporated?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Even if they do stay up, I wonder how many of the "best fans in England" will be buying season tickets next season, now that all the hope of new owners has evaporated?

Have I missed something ? I thought PST were the new owners and they they were going to rescue the club ?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Have I missed something ? I thought PST were the new owners and they they were going to rescue the club ?

They are doing an excellent job so far. Didn't they have a business plan along the lines of premier league football in 7 seasons? Looks like they could be getting it next season at this rate. Maybe a whip round for the clubs below them to let them buy a couple of players to help them out, or maybe Oscar could loan out a few dev squad players, just to help Portsmouth fall that little bit further. Imagine the reaction from the Bell End if the Soton board announced a few loans to some lower placed league 2 sides till the end of the season

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They are doing an excellent job so far. Didn't they have a business plan along the lines of premier league football in 7 seasons? Looks like they could be getting it next season at this rate. Maybe a whip round for the clubs below them to let them buy a couple of players to help them out, or maybe Oscar could loan out a few dev squad players, just to help Portsmouth fall that little bit further. Imagine the reaction from the Bell End if the Soton board announced a few loans to some lower placed league 2 sides till the end of the season

I take it by "the Bell End", you are referring to that stand at one end of Fratton Park, rather than its infamous comedy hat-wearing occupant? If so, may I congratulate you on a quite excellent joke, and one that- with permission - should be reused on many occasions here and further afield :clap2:

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
it can be both and of course it can be used, I don't think I am the first though, I am sure it was used on here before

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
it can be both and of course it can be used, I don't think I am the first though, I am sure it was used on here before

I'm sure you you search "Bell End" it appears in this very thread somewhere or other.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I think I'll be using "The Bell End" on twitter. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned about portsmouths poor form and Pompey fan told me to "**** off mate"
O.k the mention of the poor form might have had ha ha ha ha ha ha ha at the end but why get so upset ;-)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think I'll be using "The Bell End" on twitter. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned about portsmouths poor form and Pompey fan told me to "**** off mate"
O.k the mention of the poor form might have had ha ha ha ha ha ha ha at the end but why get so upset ;-)

Perhaps we should create a dedicated hashtag for this purpose? #BellEnd ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here