Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wickham recalled by Sunderland

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I disagree. He is our best striker by a mile. Luckily, I'm sure TB and co value him a lot more highly than you do, which is the main thing.

Fair play. In hindsight though the 5 million we could have got for him, plus Barnes fee, we may have got Wickham.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
5m.....that was palace :lolol: thats if they actually were going to pay that and if they were it would have been £10 a month

3.5m at the most

It is TOTALLY irrelevant who made the bid. We turned down £5M, so why would we now accept less than that?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It is TOTALLY irrelevant who made the bid. We turned down £5M, so why would we now accept less than that?

its not irrelevant is it
palace who put in the offer of 5m
paid 850k for Dobbie ........................was he worth that

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fair play. In hindsight though the 5 million we could have got for him, plus Barnes fee, we may have got Wickham.

I must admit I rate Wickham, but we are much more likely to offer up Liam (and possibly Will) in part ex IMHO, than Leo (who remains our ONLY fit first team striker).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are we selling five players? All I've seen is a load of interweb speculation, rumours from dubious sources, and outright trolling from other teams supporters. Until the five players mentioned are actually pulling on red and white striped shirts, i will not believe any of this bollox

As of now we have sold 2. Please rewind the conversation and realise that I was saying we MUST NOT sell 5, and not that we HAVE sold 5.

I am starting to get misquoted from what was my central point.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
its not irrelevant is it
palace who put in the offer of 5m
paid 850k for Dobbie ........................was he worth that

What I'm arguing is that we won't accept less than £5M for Leo, especially keeping in mind our current striker shortage. You may think Leo is worth less in the market (you are totally entitled to that opinion), but we won't sell for the figure you are talking about (£3.5M). That's all I'm saying.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What I'm arguing is that we won't accept less than £5M for Leo, especially keeping in mind our current striker shortage. You may think Leo is worth less in the market (you are totally entitled to that opinion), but we won't sell for the figure you are talking about (£3.5M). That's all I'm saying.

we will see

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Palace reputedly offered £5m for Ulloa what if they upped it to 6m plus Murray on loan for the rest of the season would that be acceptable and would Murray go for it and come back on loan?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Palace reputedly offered £5m for Ulloa what if they upped it to 6m plus Murray on loan for the rest of the season would that be acceptable and would Murray go for it and come back on loan?

if palace were silly enough ,and they are and Murray was fully fit I would snatch there hand off

but unfortunately it won't happen .................will it

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I must admit I rate Wickham, but we are much more likely to offer up Liam (and possibly Will) in part ex IMHO, than Leo (who remains our ONLY fit first team striker).

I would love it if we got him. Considering he is only 20, with the way we develop players he will get better and better. An Englav player he will be and will be at World cups and Euros in years to come.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A totally different type of striker to Leo tho'! << strokes beard >>

How many strikers does he need? If he gets this Scocco fella and he's already got Borini and Altidore with Fletcher to come back from injury surely Wickham is surplus to requirements? Is Gus playing more than 1 striker these days?

***grooms beard***

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Reading the Sunderland fans forum they seem pretty confident he is going back to play and not to be sold.

Couple of very embarrassing Brighton fans on there :nono:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
How many strikers does he need? If he gets this Scocco fella and he's already got Borini and Altidore with Fletcher to come back from injury surely Wickham is surplus to requirements? Is Gus playing more than 1 striker these days?

***grooms beard***

curlybeard.jpeg

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

***grooms beard***

It seems that in trying to sign Scocco - a player who would play off of a big CF like Fletcher - Gus is thinking of playing more than one striker. Perhaps he will build his team around Scocco, just like he built it around CMS! ;-) << places hand under chin, and gazes thoughtfully out to space >>

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I really dont think he wants Leo, just a lot of internet conjecture.

#Showers, shaves, and has a dump

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here