Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wickham recalled by Sunderland

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You can say that about all of our players - Orlandi, KLL, Bruno etc. The fact is if Bridcutt, Barnes, Buckley, Ulloa and El-Abd all leave in this window the heart would be ripped out of the side and it would take a miracle of biblical proportion for the season not to be over.

This is the key issue.

And Tony supposedly doesn't like changing the squad in January.

Are Leicester, or Derby, or Forest, or QPR selling 5 of their First 18 this month ?

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's maybe why he's tweeting it privately then.

How do you tweet privately?

Why is everyone getting in such a tizz? We haven't had a bid for Ulloa, and it seems Wickham is going back to Sunderland as cover for Fletcher who is injured.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
This is the key issue.

And Tony supposedly doesn't like changing the squad in January.

Are Leicester, or Derby, or Forest, or QPR selling 5 of their First 18 this month ?

Agreed there has been a worrying exodus, I do take some small crumb of comfort that Barnes wouldnt sign his contract so it was sensible for the club to cash in and avoid a "Murray", El Abd though a loyal servant was not a first 11 choice. I can of course see Bridcutt leaving - looks like he doesnt want to play for us anymore. However if we were to lose Buckley, Bridcutt and Ulloa in this window regardless of the deal either cash or player(s) - I think it would be very hard to recover and mount a promotion push.

I think i might just start wetting my bed soon.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We could do with a statement of intent from the club saying No More Sales.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I for one would be very happy with Wickham + £7 million for Ulloa, Buckley and Bridcutt, as long as we can get in a quality winger and a CB before the end of the window.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You can say that about all of our players - Orlandi, KLL, Bruno etc. The fact is if Bridcutt, Barnes, Buckley, Ulloa and El-Abd all leave in this window the heart would be ripped out of the side and it would take a miracle of biblical proportion for the season not to be over.

We would not be able to replace them simple

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Agreed there has been a worrying exodus, I do take some small crumb of comfort that Barnes wouldnt sign his contract so it was sensible for the club to cash in and avoid a "Murray", El Abd though a loyal servant was not a first 11 choice. I can of course see Bridcutt leaving - looks like he doesnt want to play for us anymore. However if we were to lose Buckley, Bridcutt and Ulloa in this window regardless of the deal either cash or player(s) - I think it would be very hard to recover and mount a promotion push.

I think i might just start wetting my bed soon.

Except we've done that already largely without their contribution.

Put yer nappy on and pull yerself together!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Neither have we yet.

Thing is, do we want to keep players in the squad who may not want to be there?

Seriously, the time for selling 5 first team squad players is between seasons, preferably before pre-season. Not in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here