Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wickham recalled by Sunderland

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Find it hard to believe that Wickham will sign for us but stranger things have happened. Not sure where he'd fit in the team though unless Ulloa goes. Don't think he's a natural in one of the wide positions in a front three and neither he nor Ulloa will want to be back up. Would be a great signing if we somehow could get him though.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
How many strikers does he need? If he gets this Scocco fella and he's already got Borini and Altidore with Fletcher to come back from injury surely Wickham is surplus to requirements? Is Gus playing more than 1 striker these days?

***grooms beard***

Altidore must rate in the top 3 for the worst striker ever. No wonder Gus wants rid of him

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Find it hard to believe that Wickham will sign for us but stranger things have happened. Not sure where he'd fit in the team though unless Ulloa goes. Don't think he's a natural in one of the wide positions in a front three and neither he nor Ulloa will want to be back up. Would be a great signing if we somehow could get him though.

Why would he take a cut in wages and a big one at that, think we will probably be looking at loans now

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Why would he take a cut in wages and a big one at that, think we will probably be looking at loans now

I don't think he will hence I said I find it hard to believe. I still have faith that we'll see some incoming players on permanent deals. We have a chance to push for the play offs and are in the 5th round of the cup yet have lost two squad members in January and not replaced them. I find it hard to believe that Oscar would be impressed if we don't bring decent players in over the next four days.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I don't think he will hence I said I find it hard to believe. I still have faith that we'll see some incoming players on permanent deals. We have a chance to push for the play offs and are in the 5th round of the cup yet have lost two squad members in January and not replaced them. I find it hard to believe that Oscar would be impressed if we don't bring decent players in over the next four days.

Hopefully your right and something happens soon but think loans will be saviour

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Rumoured to be heading to a London Premier club .

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
God this is all dragging on.

Can't wait until Saturday when we can all relax a bit.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Hopefully your right and something happens soon but think loans will be saviour

I'm confident. We've tended to do late business in the transfer window recently, e.g. Upson last January and four signings in the last couple of days in August 2012. The club know we need the signings and I'm sure we're working to get the best players in on our budget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here