Why was the Calais thread moved to "Other Stuff"?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
To be fair you and a couple of others are very vociferous and opinionated on affairs that are to do with a country you do not live in. In most cases your opinion is exactly that, a view from afar with no real knowledge of why those that differ...except it affects them and not you 15000 miles away.

I know that is what you think SM. But I disagree entirely. This is part of a global problem that needs a global solution it will not be solved by nations looking after their own interests and disregarding everyone else.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You have already proved your 'local knowledge' means **** all, and have a prevalence to deceive. What happened on the Hijab bomber in Watford thread? You forgot to respond to people on the thread you started.
Jesus. Are you going to recycle and peddle this idea that he's a LIAR on every single thread from now on?

Goodness knows how I've ended up defending AM and Soulman on this thread - I don't agree with either of them. :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Give me some credit mate, i know who your dig was aimed at , my politics may be anathema to you but im not at the IQ level of talking about muslamic ray guns....

:thumbsup:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Sending people back where they came from isn't going to do anything to solve the problem. As long as there are poor or war torn developing countries there will be huge numbers of asylum seekers and economic migrants.

Obviously, we're not going to eradicate poverty overnight but we need to look at the roots of the issue rather than get angry at some poor people in Calais. We live in a globalised world so nobody in the UK can claim it's not their problem.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sending people back where they came from isn't going to do anything to solve the problem. As long as there are poor or war torn developing countries there will be huge numbers of asylum seekers and economic migrants.

Obviously, we're not going to eradicate poverty overnight but we need to look at the roots of the issue rather than get angry at some poor people in Calais. We live in a globalised world so nobody in the UK can claim it's not their problem.

Quite right, nobody anywhere can claim it is not their problem.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Jesus. Are you going to recycle and peddle this idea that he's a LIAR on every single thread from now on?

Goodness knows how I've ended up defending AM and Soulman on this thread - I don't agree with either of them. :lolol:

Im making an OBVIOUS point that in his case, local knowledge means nothing. Thanks for your input.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Quite right, no body anywhere can claim it is not their problem.

yes they can.... the UK can

what is happening in Calais is simply a French problem which they need to sort out and stop being so bloody French about it.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
How many women and children are there ? Would you leave your wife and kids behind to flee for safety ?

In the words of Tom Jones its not unusual..............

When the Milibands' old man Adolf was called up by the Belgian Army in 1940, him and his old man packed their bags for old blighty sharpish leaving the Missus and daughter to fend for themselves.

I am sure there is a lesson in there somewhere, but it makes sense why some politicians and individuals are prepared to overlook this point.

Mysigony takes many forms eh?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You have already proved your 'local knowledge' means **** all, and have a prevalence to deceive. .

Do you get sent onto these threads by the moderators, so they have the excuse following your repeated..."means **** all"......"****".......f*** off".....blah , blah , blah, blah....to remove it to 'Other stuff ' ?

If the Moderators don't send you, I struggle to understand why you keep breathing.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Do you get sent onto these threads by the moderators, so they have the excuse following your repeated..."means **** all"......"****".......f*** off".....blah , blah , blah, blah....to remove it to 'Other stuff ' ?

If the Moderators don't send you, I struggle to understand why you keep breathing.

I genuinley care about what you think.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I genuinley care about what you think.

Well, I must apologise to you...........because I no longer (and haven't for some time) care what nonsense you think. It is just a pity that your venomous attacks cause threads to be removed.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well, I must apologise to you...........because I no longer (and haven't for some time) care what nonsense you think. It is just a pity that your venomous attacks cause threads to be removed.

You have used more swear words than me in this thread. Youre a winner.

Yo Soulman, whats up? Need people to answer for you?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You have used more swear words than me in this thread. Youre a winner.

Yo Soulman, whats up? Need people to answer for you?

Yo Dave. Just normally post at breaks unlike you who sits in front of a screen all day. The clue is the green online dot next to the username.

Jan 30, 2008
Why not let them come? Process them, offer the real Asylum seekers refugee status and arrange deprotation for those who are bogus. Problem solved, no more migrants and asylume seekers in calais, locals able to get on with their lives. Same situation as every other country (well those that don't have the luxury of being an Island anyway) in the world finds themselves in.

The UK has pretty stingent processes to find out true asylum seekers, why not use them?
shut up you din you don't live here, who are you to tell us what we should be doing :rant:
regards
DR

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
shut up you din you don't live here, who are you to tell us what we should be doing :rant:
regards
DR

Don't get cross sweetheart. When people stop posting threads complaining about immigrants and refugees like everything is their fault I'll stop posting on them (you'll notice I rarely if ever start threads on this subject). Hows that for a deal? Until then I am going to keep posting about a subject I find interesting. You can either ignore me, engage in debate with the points I make or carry on with your little hissy fits about my location. Your choice.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I know that is what you think SM. But I disagree entirely. This is part of a global problem that needs a global solution it will not be solved by nations looking after their own interests and disregarding everyone else.

But you got off your arse and buggered off to Oz to presumably give yourself a better life? But you want those you left behind to disregard their own self interests and be part of the global solution? Easy to say from where you are standing I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports