Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why was the Calais thread moved to "Other Stuff"?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bushy might be the board's very own purple headed angry Ian Foot type character, but at least he lives here. If there's one thing worse than a tedious preachy bell-end, it's one who lives 13,000 fking miles away. I subscribe to the view that if you're not British or don't live here, then keep your nose out of British affairs.

if you don't like it you can always take your own advice and keep your nose out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bushy might be the board's very own purple headed angry Ian Foot type character, but at least he lives here. If there's one thing worse than a tedious preachy bell-end, it's one who lives 13,000 fking miles away. I subscribe to the view that if you're not British or don't live here, then keep your nose out of British affairs.

You don't own a Brighton season ticket or go to any games. Should you keep your nose out of BHAFC affairs then?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There is no grey area. The EU has its own "internal" regulations about processing asylum seekers its called the Dublin Agreement.(Regulation (EU) No 604/2013)

article xii states

Where it is established, on the basis of proof or circumstantial evidence as described in the two lists mentioned in Article 22(3) of this Regulation, including the data referred to in Regulation (EU) No 603/2013, that an applicant has irregularly crossed the border into a Member State by land, sea or air having come from a third country, the Member State thus entered shall be responsible for examining the application for international protection.

‘third-country national’ means any person who is not a citizen of the Union within the meaning of Article 20(1) TFEU and who is not national of a State which participates in this Regulation by virtue of an agreement with the European Union;

That was the crux of post #34. If the UK leaves the EU then there is no EU regulation or niceities to be observed.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
*** AHEM*** Bushy isnt on this thread mate , but Alfredmizen is !!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So am I.

What a marvelous and insightful contribution you have made since you arrived.
In that case, I apologise. I thought you were a busy foreigner from Australia. There are a few on here.

You don't own a Brighton season ticket or go to any games. Should you keep your nose out of BHAFC affairs then?
I do go to games, have done for 35 years, and have been a STH as recently as two years ago. Your parallel is decidedly tenuous.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
In that case, I apologise. I thought you were a busy foreigner from Australia. There are a few on here.

I do go to games, have done for 35 years, and have been a STH as recently as two years ago. Your parallel is decidedly tenuous.
Dont apologise , he has lived in australia for years , and he is a busy little shit unaffected by what he preaches.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Well I was a resident of the UK as recently around 2 years ago so I'll carry on blathering on about the UK then :lolol:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
if you don't like it you can always take your own advice and keep your nose out.
To be fair you and a couple of others are very vociferous and opinionated on affairs that are to do with a country you do not live in. In most cases your opinion is exactly that, a view from afar with no real knowledge of why those that differ...except it affects them and not you 15000 miles away.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought he had , maybe he hasnt, but i have.

I'm aware you have....as you offered to meet and beat me up at an Albion game once :smile:

My dig wasn't at you. More at Simster's cheap shot. Anyway, I've made my point in the post above.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm aware you have....as you offered to meet and beat me up at an Albion game once :smile:.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

My dig wasn't at you. More at Simster's cheap shot. Anyway, I've made my point in the post above.
Rather badly, as it turns out, seeing as you illustrated your point by arbitrarily deciding only current STHs should have a say. Why not take that a stage further and just argue that only Tony Bloom should post on here? Because that would exclude all of us rather than just me I guess.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
To be fair you and a couple of others are very vociferous and opinionated on affairs that are to do with a country you do not live in. In most cases your opinion is exactly that, a view from afar with no real knowledge of why those that differ...except it affects them and not you 15000 miles away.

You have already proved your 'local knowledge' means **** all, and have a prevalence to deceive. What happened on the Hijab bomber in Watford thread? You forgot to respond to people on the thread you started.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm aware you have....as you offered to meet and beat me up at an Albion game once :smile:

Give me some credit mate, i know who your dig was aimed at , my politics may be anathema to you but im not at the IQ level of talking about muslamic ray guns....

And simsters point was valid, not cheap.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't think making assumptions based on what you see on the news is going to be that useful. There must be a massive variety of people in a wide range of situations among those people so we are not really able to tell.

Perhaps they could be processed to find out the validity of their claims.

Edit:Could be a bit of a money saver though. Instead of going through the usual process of checking applications we could just have you turning purple and screaming "No No No NOOOOOO!!!" at the telly with a vein popping out of your head.

That's a bit rich given how your adopted country treats immigrants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here