Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Why does'......in films

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Why do the lead couple never close the curtains on their bedroom window when they retire for the night?

Why do all teenage boys/girls have a tree growing so close to their bedroom window? Why doesn't it rip up the foundations of the house?

Why don't burglar's make more use of those enormous great dog flaps in American houses?

Where do you get those great candles that light up an entire room? (and then go out when you are in an enclosed space and really need them?)

How do the Waltons afford the petrol to run all those cars?

Why doesn't anyone ever nip off to the loo?

How come the heroine wakes up with her make up unblemished and her hair perfectly in place - whatever the time and wherever she is?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why is it whenever someone is diffusing a bomb, at the last second they always change their mind on which wire to snip ?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Why can't bad guys shoot straight?

Taken from TV Tropes (I'd link through but I have some compassion - people got lost for days in there :) ):

TV Tropes said:
This is a degree of Truth in Television, as by far most shots fired in firefights or combat are misses. Some sources report that in WWII, the average soldier needed to fire two hundred rounds for every hit scored on an enemy; numerous other examples are mentioned in the Real Life section of this page. So the fictional bad guys don't actually suffer from unrealistic inaccuracy; rather, the heroes' fictional performance would count as Improbable Aiming Skills in real life.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The "false relief" scene.

Whenever someone is creeping around a dark house going "hello ? hello ? Is anyone there ?" something always jumps out and STARTLES them (usually a cat). Then as they smile and breathe a sigh of relief, THATS when something lunges out of the shadows and gives them a chinese burn.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm always amazed by actors who punch a 12 digit number in to a phone or computer first time without getting it wrong while being shot at.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
In Westerns, why is there never any horse shit in the Main Street?

NB . The dog died in a film called Hachi. It quite upset the Missus. Funny how we can watch unmoved the death of human characters, but feel for four legged ones......

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No one ever says hello or goodbye on the telephone. Height of rudeness.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Geographical fact: All hotel rooms in Paris have a view of the Eiffel Tower.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Women wearing glasses and with their hair up are pug-ugly and repulsive, and are systematically ignored and shunned by the male populace.

Until they remove their glasses and let their hair down, whereupon they suddenly transform into supermodels and have legions of men lusting after them.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
In police dramas, why, when detectives knock on someone’s door, are they always in?

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Not seen Old Yeller then...

I've still got it on video.......

Don't have anything to watch it on, but don't quite have the heart to get rid!!!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Why does one punch knock people out?

Why are futuristic systems/computers/contraptions voiced by an American female who reads out specifically everything the system is doing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here