Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are there so many plastic fans around?

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
The types that support the Man U's the Chelsea's the Liverpools etc who have never been to a game.

Sitting in a pub or at home in your armchair watching matches surely isn't as satisfying as actually being at the game. I know a few people that support Man U and have never attempted to get tickets even when they play at Wembley!!! If Brighton got to Wembley i would que up for miles!

Chelsea fan's dissapointed with the margin they should've beaten Blackpool by, You won 4-0 ffs!

People saying they should be buying this superstar or that one

To me if you have never been to see your team play at an actual stadium then you really can't really be a fan!

Really bugs me! Does it anyone else?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'm sure ticket prices and the fanbase of teams like that doesn't help.

It would be a lot cheaper to support Man U or Chelsea, because you're simply not expected to attend week in week out. Plus, you can watch pretty much every Chelsea game from your own home, much cheaper than spending money travelling to games and on tickets.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
To me you should support your local team!

Just playing Devils Advocate here, because I do support my local club.

But I undertstand why others don't. I have nothing against people who don't enjoy league 1 football. I'm not suprised that people would rather support a Premier League club than watch football from our league, and it's always going to be difficult for local clubs to attract all of the locals, because some people don't enjoy a lower league brand of football. For some people, only the best is good enough. I understand it, but I don't feel the same way. I wouldn't want to support a team that you only watch when Sky Sports decide to feature your match. There's nothing quite like the atmosphere you'll get at an actual match.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
All the plastics were doing their shopping in Asda this morning showing off their replica tops. Its the same all over the country.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
It would be a lot cheaper to support Man U or Chelsea, because you're simply not expected to attend week in week out. Plus, you can watch pretty much every Chelsea game from your own home, much cheaper than spending money travelling to games and on tickets.

What i'm saying is, the ticket prices don't help because people don't always have the money, yeah it may work out cheaper depending on how many times you go but the fanbase doesn't make it any easier to get them tickets.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just playing Devils Advocate here, because I do support my local club.

But I undertstand why others don't. I have nothing against people who don't enjoy league 1 football. I'm not suprised that people would rather support a Premier League club than watch football from our league, and it's always going to be difficult for local clubs to attract all of the locals, because some people don't enjoy a lower league brand of football. For some people, only the best is good enough. I understand it, but I don't feel the same way. I wouldn't want to support a team that you only watch when Sky Sports decide to feature your match. There's nothing quite like the atmosphere you'll get at an actual match.

Rubbish - It doesn't matter what league a team plays, you should support your local team to where you're born / family is from - It shouldn't be a choice in my opinion.

Also had a bloke and his son laughing saying that Albion play rubbish football etc and 'who are they gonna put in the stadium' blah blah blah. Really riled me as he was talking (in his Southern accent) about Man U like he was a real fan. Really riles me when a) people glory support but most of all b) when people take the piss out of you for supporting your local team / having a shit ground / playing 'shit' football. Anyone could turn round and decide they're a Man U / Chelsea 'fan' - it's not being a fan atall in my book. Football isn't just about what standard your team plays, it's about representing your town / county too in our case...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The types that support the Man U's the Chelsea's the Liverpools etc who have never been to a game.

Sitting in a pub or at home in your armchair watching matches surely isn't as satisfying as actually being at the game. I know a few people that support Man U and have never attempted to get tickets even when they play at Wembley!!! If Brighton got to Wembley i would que up for miles!

Chelsea fan's dissapointed with the margin they should've beaten Blackpool by, You won 4-0 ffs!

People saying they should be buying this superstar or that one

To me if you have never been to see your team play at an actual stadium then you really can't really be a fan!

Really bugs me! Does it anyone else?

Chelseas, Liverpools, how many of these clubs are there?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The Heath pub in H.H has 3D television and there were all these muppets wearing glasses to watch Man.Utd/Rangers the other night!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here