Who will we sign before the loan window shuts at 5pm?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
From Sky Sports News ....
Nicolas Anelka does not believe he will have the chance to fight for another Premier League title with Chelsea this season after reportedly being told that he can leave the club in January.

Speculation over the Frenchman's future has been building for some time and fresh rumours have surfaced this week after he did not travel with the rest of the Blues squad for Wednesday's UEFA Champions League clash with Bayer Leverkusen.
Andre Villas-Boas confirmed that his omission was not due to injury, while Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua revealed they had enquired about Anelka's availability.

Anelka insists that he would prefer to stay at Stamford Bridge until at least the end of the season, having played a key role for the club since joining from Bolton in 2008.

SLIM BUT PLAUSIBLE NONE THE LESS !!!

Buit how will we fit CMS, Zamora and him in the same starting 11?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
What the f*** are you talking about? Yes, we used to get shit like this in the Dick Knight days, but how anyone can say this now, I don't understand.

Remember the 'special player'? Well we signed him, CMS. We then bought Buckley, who was hot property, for a million quid. We bought Hoskins, again someone highly sought after. Then we had the whole "there may be someone extra special available" thing, and what did we do, we signed f***ing VICENTE! Then we signed another international (Reyes) on loan from a Premier League side.

Who exactly do you think we should be signing? Messi? Ronaldo? Kaka?

It seems to me like we've signed pretty much everyone we've been after. Compare that to the days when we were devastated to have missed out at the last minute on Jabo Ibere and Leo Constantine. Or were you not around then?

Word.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Just over an hour to go - I think the Naylor tweet on Cook suggests there will be some coming and going.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What the f*** are you talking about? Yes, we used to get shit like this in the Dick Knight days, but how anyone can say this now, I don't understand.

Remember the 'special player'? Well we signed him, CMS. We then bought Buckley, who was hot property, for a million quid. We bought Hoskins, again someone highly sought after. Then we had the whole "there may be someone extra special available" thing, and what did we do, we signed f***ing VICENTE! Then we signed another international (Reyes) on loan from a Premier League side.

It seems to me like we've signed pretty much everyone we've been after. Compare that to the days when we were devastated to have missed out at the last minute on Jabo Ibere and Leo Constantine. Or were you not around then?

Ha Ha. Big.Fat. THIS

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
invisible-man.jpg

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

With respect, apart from CMS, how many game minutes have we got out of the others ?? My point is Gus does tend to build hopes up, by saying only 2 days ago that we were close to getting a Prem player on loan, only to say yesterday, the deal is receding. Rather he said nowt and got on with it !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Drum roll.....................................half an hour to go

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Considering some weird side called Shanghai something want to sign him then i think were in with a very slim but plausible chance
Dont forget Gus is very well connected at Chelsea still !!

IMO, apart from the top four/five clubs who Chelsea would refuse to loan too for sake of loaning them a quality player, Anelka would be wanted by every single other Premiership club.

Oh, and the fact its a f*cking ridiculous suggestion (sorry).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
With respect, apart from CMS, how many game minutes have we got out of the others ??

What does that have to do with getting people's hopes up re potential signings? How was he to know they were going to get injured?

I think Gus is just honest, you have to remember, he doesn't phone up the Argus and say "Hi Andy, please can you tell everyone that we are in talks with a special player", he just answers the questions that are put to him, honestly. Personally, I'd rather he did that.

But I do kind of understand what you are saying, it was this attitude that got him in trouble with the whole Suarez thing, he answered the question and gave his honest feelings, when maybe he should have just said "it's nothing to do with me" or something.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

I love it when you have rant :thumbsup:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
5 minutes to go...... Has anyone seen Anelka or Macheda in Brighton today? :facepalm:
I'm sure I saw them in McDonalds earlier, they were sitting with David Beckham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports