Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will we sign before the loan window shuts at 5pm?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After a year of being shocked and amazed by what Gus has done we seem to have reverted to being the low expectation cynical Albion fans of old. I too think nobody of consequence but we may get another "one for the future" who will be loaned out again next year or released in the summer.

Survival in this league is all I hope for for the rest of this season now.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
After a year of being shocked and amazed by what Gus has done we seem to have reverted to being the low expectation cynical Albion fans of old. I too think nobody of consequence but we may get another "one for the future" who will be loaned out again next year or released in the summer.

How many times has Poyet told us they are 'working on something' only for absolultely nothing to materialize? I wouldn't be surprised to hear there wasn't anyone in the first place.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How many times has Poyet told us they are 'working on something' only for absolultely nothing to materialize? I wouldn't be surprised to hear there wasn't anyone in the first place.

I know it may seem like that BUT ....CMS, Vicente, Reyes?? Just a shame we don't play to CMS strengths and the other two have been sick notes.

D

Deleted member 18477

back to what we know as they say. which is negative on the whole lol. last year was a mad experience!

im with you on this, all i want now is points for survival! i dont wanna go back to league 1!!! easily done though, just ask saints, leicester, norwich, millwall, sheff utd etc...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Come on now, this is Brighton, no one will come in...........not even a 'household name' or a 'prescence up front'............do wish Gus would stop feeding us bullshit !!

What the f*** are you talking about? Yes, we used to get shit like this in the Dick Knight days, but how anyone can say this now, I don't understand.

Remember the 'special player'? Well we signed him, CMS. We then bought Buckley, who was hot property, for a million quid. We bought Hoskins, again someone highly sought after. Then we had the whole "there may be someone extra special available" thing, and what did we do, we signed f***ing VICENTE! Then we signed another international (Reyes) on loan from a Premier League side.

Who exactly do you think we should be signing? Messi? Ronaldo? Kaka?

It seems to me like we've signed pretty much everyone we've been after. Compare that to the days when we were devastated to have missed out at the last minute on Jabo Ibere and Leo Constantine. Or were you not around then?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The departure of Harper and the signing of LuaLua mean two spaces for loans from Premier League clubs have been freed up. Call me a crazy optimist but I believe GP will fill one of them.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Ive heard Gullys Girls are trying to sign two extra cheerleaders. 1 Ginger and 1 Blonde. Not saying my source though.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
What the f*** are you talking about? Yes, we used to get shit like this in the Dick Knight days, but how anyone can say this now, I don't understand.

Remember the 'special player'? Well we signed him, CMS. We then bought Buckley, who was hot property, for a million quid. We bought Hoskins, again someone highly sought after. Then we had the whole "there may be someone extra special available" thing, and what did we do, we signed f***ing VICENTE! Then we signed another international (Reyes) on loan from a Premier League side.

Who exactly do you think we should be signing? Messi? Ronaldo? Kaka?

It seems to me like we've signed pretty much everyone we've been after. Compare that to the days when we were devastated to have missed out at the last minute on Jabo Ibere and Leo Constantine. Or were you not around then?

Well said :thumbsup:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
At least that one's slightly plausable - Anelka? I think we've got more chance of signing Aneka and getting her to sing her early 80's smash "Japanese Boy"!

Considering some weird side called Shanghai something want to sign him then i think were in with a very slim but plausible chance
Dont forget Gus is very well connected at Chelsea still !!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Did someone really suggest Anelka? #shootmenow

From Sky Sports News ....
Nicolas Anelka does not believe he will have the chance to fight for another Premier League title with Chelsea this season after reportedly being told that he can leave the club in January.

Speculation over the Frenchman's future has been building for some time and fresh rumours have surfaced this week after he did not travel with the rest of the Blues squad for Wednesday's UEFA Champions League clash with Bayer Leverkusen.
Andre Villas-Boas confirmed that his omission was not due to injury, while Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua revealed they had enquired about Anelka's availability.

Anelka insists that he would prefer to stay at Stamford Bridge until at least the end of the season, having played a key role for the club since joining from Bolton in 2008.

SLIM BUT PLAUSIBLE NONE THE LESS !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here