Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk FC - anti name change petition

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/14218..._of_Hawks_name_change__says_chairman/?ref=rss

He told The Argus: “The silent majority are understanding of what we are doing.

“If you analyse the people who are making this contribution (petition) it is North Stand Chat, people all over the country, people from Hull who have a gripe with their owners, people in Dubai as well as more recent fans – and that is not discounting traditionalists who think Whitehawk is best – but ultimately we do think we are representing the silent majority.

I didn't know I'd signed the petition? I thought I'd been ignoring it 'cos its none of my business, but I'm glad that this chap has put me straight... I'm getting so forgetful...

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
A bit like 1939 really,i might not agree with your nazi ideals but by golly i defend your right to invade poland!:whistle:

Assuming ive signed it.......classy

For the record. I havent, I have no interest in whitehawk as a club. Just curious as to the ownera real motives.

And having no nazi ideals at all I await your retraction of that statement

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Of course there are Albion fans on the anti-name change petition, Mr Summers. Not because we're worried about 'your' club stealing our thunder (some chance.....) but because as fellow football fans we think the way you are disregarding the views of Hawks fans is out of order and we are showing our solidarity! Showing solidarity is something Brighton fans will always do, given our history. Your attitude (I 'own' this club, I'll do what I like) is sadly reminiscent of that of a certain Bill Archer all those years ago. No, I'm not comparing you to Archer. You're trying to do your best for the club - I don't think anyone doubts that. But you're doing it the wrong way.

And of course fans from all over the country have signed the petition for the same reason. Especially Hull fans, because their chairman wants to do the same as you,and they stand in solidarity too. We aren't doing anyone's 'dirty work', we are standing together as we did in the Nineties. And you stood with us then, didn't you? Because you're an Albion fan too. I'm sure I saw you at some of our meetings :)

And many of us have a big soft spot for what is happening at Whitehawk, the way so much positive coverage is coming the way of an area, your manor, which has had so much bad press over the years. You should be rightly proud of that. Why should the name Whitehawk scare off investors? The Ultras and the culture surrounding them are transforming the club, and that in turn will have an effect on the image of the area. Take it forward!

We live in the age of modern football, where fixtures are constantly being shifted at Murdoch's whim without a moment's thought for the fans. Saturday 3pm kick offs are becoming an endangered species. For me the one redeeming feature of that is the chance to see the Hawks, stand with the Ultras, drink some lovely Brighton Bier, make a racket and experience football as it used to be and should be. We'll never forsake the Albion, but we'll come when we can, because what's happening at Whitehawk is brilliant. Don't kill the spirit just as it's really growing with a name change and rebranding - then it'll just be modern football at a lower level.

What's happening at the Hawks is a breath of fresh air. Schalke 04 isn't Gelsenkirchen City. Benfica isn't Lisbon City. Feyenoord isn't Rotterdam City. Whitehawk doesn't need to be Brighton City. Please think again.

Good post, Attila.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
When it was stated pompey were in trouble they got pelters on here! This solidarity stuff is a bit fickle! We are all equal but some are mo...........:ffsparr:

And don't you think the same thing would happen if Palarse were in trouble? Don't you understand about local rivalries?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
When it was stated pompey were in trouble they got pelters on here! This solidarity stuff is a bit fickle! We are all equal but some are mo...........:ffsparr:

Yeah, but that's Pompey!

In actual fact, I think you'll find the silent majority (them again) were quite sympathetic towards the situation that Pompey fans found themselves in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would Brighton City FC be sponsored by Brighton City Airport? Seems like a marriage made in heaven, seeing as neither is anywhere near the 'city' of Brighton and Hove or has even got the name of the 'city' right.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Wonder if they were allowed to change the name , would they promise never to try to move the home ground from Whitehawk ?
Odds anyone.........

Personally don't trust those in charge at Whitehawk not to try this once the name is changed to whatever .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If they put the name Brighton in their club name, the only thing that will change for them is that they will get homophobic abuse hurled at them from away fans. Knowing Whitehawk , they'll likely get abuse form their own fans.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do ya want sum ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Sad to say this guy is doing massive damage to the image of Whitehawk FC at the moment. It seems clear to me he isn't interested in Whitehawk at all, just having a club in Brighton that he can make a go of, rather than take the existing club forward. Summers clearly needs to wind his neck in before he alienates anyone who may want to go and watch 'his' club play.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Perhaps they should just change their name to Whitehawk Wanderers then they can wander over to Withdean whenever they want ???

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Was about to make a thread about this but then saw the statement was in here.

It's comical how he talked about a friendly rivalry and that they are not intending to be malicious...then goes and starts attacking Albion about how they are treated.

Pot kettle if you ask me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here